Valentine's Day 2009 Testers *V-Day POAS Party*

snugglebot

Very blessed
Reaction score
Hey ladies, for anyone out there whose cycle is due Feb.14 and is vowing NOT to test BEFORE Feb 14, please join in supporting one another in resisting the tempting and sometimes addictive POAS.

Personally, I would love some support and distraction from spending my money on the evil stick only to be served with a disappointing BFN.

So on the day of love, I am hoping it will either be the :witch: in the morning, or if she doesn't appear, that when I take the test it is a :bfp:.

Silly I know but here is to hoping. Anyone else thinking the same way?

As Yvie put it: "It's a Vday POAS Party!"
Tested early, but good news!
krockwell :bfp:
mer01 :bfp:

Waiting for V-day
snugglebot
NewYearNewMe
ellie
clair99991
CHILLbilly
topazicatzbet
Irish_eyes
trinitydm
aimee-lou
TashaAndBump
Yvie
little_angel
wishn2Bmom
MommyMichele
cqueenie
Scootpootie
helz81
Samzi

Horrid Witch came
lilysmommy04:witch:

---let me know if I missed your name---

NOTICE:

Ladies, I was reading the sticky for the TTC forum that says not to make BFP announcements in the ttc forums and to use the BFP announcements instead.

YOUR BFP ANNOUNCEMENTS: PLEASE READ
So what I am going to do is on Feb 13th (Friday the 13th... ick), I will start a "Valentine's Day POAS party" thread in the BFP section so that anyone who gets a BFP!!! on v-day can post there.

For now, we will use THIS thread to help each other avoid the POAS and for use during the big day and following days so that we can keep supporting each other, esp. for those that are late/get a BFN/ or get the evil witch

You are of course welcome to start your own individual BFP thread if you want as well

I WILL NOT TEST BEFORE 14TH FEBRUARY 2009

I LOVE THIS THREAD! :wohoo:

Good luck hun - here's to a LONG 4 (and a bit) weeks!

Haha!
i'm on cd 2 (2 1/2?!) today with ov due somewhere around the beginning of feb - so next af due somewhere around the 12th, but i've also planned to test on valentine's day if no af ..... can i join you in this ??? as I'm not sure i will be able to resist those allure of those magical sticks ?!?!

let's try and hang in there girls - come on some lovely :bfp:'s on the 14th :cloud9:

:hug:

Wanted to wish you all luck! I get married on 14th Feb and so I wish that it is a happy day for all of us! :hugs:

congratulations tansey! i hope it's a fab day for you :cloud9:

Hey girls my Af due tomorow so can i join you im due 13th but testing 14th (if no af) im so excited about this next cycle and that im testing valentines day would love to give my OH the test and say happy valentiens day.

Im also a poas addict and need support to stay away from them, i did really well this month have only done 2 which is the lowest for me ever lol xxxx

I LOVE THIS THREAD! :wohoo:

Good luck hun - here's to a LONG 4 (and a bit) weeks!

:rofl: Good luck to all the ladies.

There is nothing more romantic than handing over a stick we peed on to our husband over valentine's day dinner....or...getting the :witch:...

Either way, romance for sure! HA HA

I am totally in with y'all......
I wasted way to many tests by testing too early.....I'd rather see Af then a negative.
i am due for AF on or around Feb11 Its before V-day BUT I won't be doing anything ( even if she is late) until that day.
I won't even tell if she comes before the 14th. hehe
Good luck with the wedding tansey.........so romantic!!!!!!

Perhaps everyone on the thread can explain why they don't want to test before the 14th?

Studies show if you right down a goal (such as New Year New ME did) and the way you plan to get to it and why it is important, you are more likely to achieve it.

My goal: I will not test before February 14, 2009

How I will achieve it: I will not buy a test before feb 14 2009. I will not use the extra one I have on hand right now before Feb 14, 2009. I will make a fancy plan for the day so that I won't want to to avoid "spoiling" the surprise before Feb 14, 2009.

Why I want to achieve it: A BFP before AF is due can be a chemical and will be devasting if it is. I would rather wait than suffer that heartache. And Mother Nature gave me a pregnancy tester for free, the evil :witch: so I will use her.

My Goal- I will not test before feb14, 2009

How will I achieve it: i am all out of tests and will not buy another until the night before.

Why i want to achieve it:It breaks my heart to see a blank empty square where a + should be.....so much better to just 'see" AF.

yay my second chance to have a Libra baby!!!!!!

Wanted to wish you all luck! I get married on 14th Feb and so I wish that it is a happy day for all of us! :hugs:

Keep us preoccupied with wedding details so that we can be distracted from symptom spotting and testing temptation! :o)

Going fancy or simple? Big or small? Keeping the tester in your garter? :) How would you tell him? When you say I do :blush:

Congrats btw!

My Goal- I will not test before feb14, 2009

How will I achieve it: I havent got any tests and am staying well away from supermarkets and chemists!

Why i want to achieve it:Im sick to the back teeth after 8 months of seing about 5 thousand negative results i carnt take it anymore would sooner see AF :(

can i just say that if we dont get our bfp's this month we are going to be on our period on valentines day! how romantic is that :/

can i just say that if we dont get our bfp's this month we are going to be on our period on valentines day! how romantic is that :/

AAAH but don't forget, we will be allowed to have a big juicy glass of wine, champagne, chocolate and strawberries (well you could have the last two anyways, but so much better with the beverages):wine:...

It's a PERFECT remedy for the :witch: .... don't you think :dance:

See you have to kind of plan for two different kind of Feb 14th nights.

Plan A (Let's be honest, there is only a 20% chance of happening for each of us anyways :-# )
A) Bringing some excitement to the testing and telling of DH - easy enough to fantasize about...

but don't forget to also have a plan B (80% chance of happening)

B) If AF has arrivedor you get BFN and you are confident AF will arrive, plans to spice up the night regardless of AF. You are allowed to wallow :cry: just a bit in getting the :witch:.

But PLEASE don't forget to love your DH. :hugs: Toast each other :drunk: for still being in love, still wanting to be in love and having another month of the important process of trying to create a baby :sex: (the act of TTC is special if you can hold on to that and make it that way).

I don't know about anyone else, but I remember the first time my husband and I decided we were going to go without protection and try for a baby. It was the most intimate and exciting evening I have ever had. :oops:

I am going to try VERY hard to recreate that every cycle that we are trying because if this turns into a very long process, I want to make sure that we are connecting rather than distancing ourselves from each other.:flower:

I bought a couple books that have "ideas" in them. :serenade:

He and I will have some fun planning some of them this month and even with AF, there are still ways to have "fun" on valentines day. :winkwink:

:witch: is next due on 14th feb so i will not test unless she doesnt arrive that morning.

I am in, AF is due on Valentines Day and I vow I will not test until then ~ I will not buy any hpts ~ I don't have any ~ and I am not wasting anymore money!

Anyway, I want my dh to give me a :bfp: for Valentine's Day! Sod the roses! :laugh2:

I am definately in! AF is due Feb 13 and I vow not to test until the 14th!!!!
Good luck to everyone!

im going to have to change my date as i havent even got my period from last month yet its late! (but im not getting my hopes up i ovulated 2 days late this month so i should get AF tomorow) but it means i wont be testing next month till the 16th feb 2 days after valentines, a delayed valentines pressie good luck girls xx

I'm due 15th Feb so I'd be testing 1 day early....am I allowed to join in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->