waiting at 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
i never said i've switched my feelins off at all. i am still very broody i cant see that stoppin? i jst aint acting on it anymore im goin to ask if i can go on the implant when i ahve my appointment so i wont get pregant i can imagine i will continue to fele broody until i do have a baby a long time from now. ok sorry. if everyone can have ther opinions then i can have my opinion on ther opinions. yeh havin unprotected sex was a mistake something i wont be doing again. everyone makes mistakes. but yeh thanks anyway :)

You can't help feeling broody, its natural and normal, even if you are young or even younger, it affects women at different ages. The sensible thing is that you want to wait, that's great. And as you have said, broodiness comes and goes, its normal and happens to a lot of us. The only thing I would not advice is buying baby things. Not because you are young, I wouldn't advice myself to do it, and I am 33. Its just not healthy, and only feeds what can become an unhealthy obsession. I am not going to say what to spend your money on, I just wouldn't advice buying baby things until you are at least TTC or even better until you are pregnant. Take care x

i havent even wrote my birth plan pmsl!! i wudnt know where to start!! lmao xx :) least your mature and agree 16 is young, i waited untill now so i had a home partner and money, i also craved it for years now but i did what was right an waited 10 years had my life and now ready to settle and i so pleased i did :) xx

trust me - broodiness is fine but forget it and enjoy life just now!

The problem is that people are telling her she's to young...................she is IN WTT! She isn't having a baby now, she is WTT! It's an oxymoron! Just take a look at ashleysalazar's post!

ashleysalazar talks from bitter experience......

EDIT: and TBH in most peoples eyes she is too young to be WTT....that's why they are trying to make sure she stays WTT for as long as possible....we've seen members 'graduate' from WTT to TTC to PG in a VERY short time because they are young and extremely broody and just looking for the right person to make it happen with. :?

And so Maybebaby16 is condemned to the same bitterness?

Too young to be in WAITING to try? Where in the heck should she be then?

I'm not trying to start an argument, I just think that there are far too many ladies saying "DON'T do this. DON'T do that. Learn from MY experiences" and Maybebaby16 is not YOU. She's also a teenager and teenagers don't respond well from being told what to do. She should be being encouraged to wait, not TOLD to wait.

I think all her replies have been very mature and well constructed and shows that she is grown up enough to use protection and have some self control to overcome her broodiness for the moment. Okay, she was talking about trying, I was talking about trying when I first joined, before I found the Godsend that is WTT! I never expected to find a section that was constructed purely for those who are incredibly broody and want a baby, but aren't in the right position to actually have one presently; I'm sure that's the same for many others and the WTT section provides a haven where all the broody gals can sit and wait it out together. I certainly found a lot of support here while I was waiting and that's the main thing that anyone who is WTT needs; support from other girls in the same situation!!!

Fair enough to offer opinions and constructive criticism, I'm sure she'll see plenty of examples of mothers who wish they'd had the chance to wait or not realised how hard raising a child is and she'll learn from them...but it's the posts that outright tell her she's too young to have a baby and she should wait, when she's posting in WAITING to try, it's simply patronising because people are telling her to do what she's already done.

Waiting to try is for girls who want a baby at some point but not right now. How can you be too young to wait?

P.S Broodiness is not just something you can 'forget' we should all understand that!

Again, I don't want to get into an argument about it, but it just seems like there are a lot of people trying to tell her she doesn't belong anywhere on the site and we shouldn't be doing that, we should be offering her support and telling her 'well done' for choosing to wait.

We are not telling her she is to young to be broody, We are telling her to go out and enjoy her youth, instead of wasting it because she is fixed on the future instead of the now.

Im just quoting myself because i cant be botherd tiping it out again.

I want a baby right now and there is no reason i cant have one right now apart from a reluctant partner.

Agreed Lozzy :) I said in most people's eyes she is but at the end of the day I also said I'm glad she has WTT to talk to other girls in her position......now breathe..... ;)

I think all her replies have been very mature and well constructed and shows that she is grown up enough to use protection and have some self control to overcome her broodiness for the moment. Okay, she was talking about trying, I was talking about trying when I first joined, before I found the Godsend that is WTT! I never expected to find a section that was constructed purely for those who are incredibly broody and want a baby, but aren't in the right position to actually have one presently; I'm sure that's the same for many others and the WTT section provides a haven where all the broody gals can sit and wait it out together. I certainly found a lot of support here while I was waiting and that's the main thing that anyone who is WTT needs; support from other girls in the same situation!!!

Fair enough to offer opinions and constructive criticism, I'm sure she'll see plenty of examples of mothers who wish they'd had the chance to wait or not realised how hard raising a child is and she'll learn from them...but it's the posts that outright tell her she's too young to have a baby and she should wait, when she's posting in WAITING to try, it's simply patronising because people are telling her to do what she's already done.

Waiting to try is for girls who want a baby at some point but not right now. How can you be too young to wait?

P.S Broodiness is not just something you can 'forget' we should all understand that!

Again, I don't want to get into an argument about it, but it just seems like there are a lot of people trying to tell her she doesn't belong anywhere on the site and we shouldn't be doing that, we should be offering her support and telling her 'well done' for choosing to wait.

Well said!! Shes young yes but shes broody and shes in wtt where she belongs! shes WAITING like the rest of us, the length of her wait may be longer than some but that doesnt mean she shouldnt be here.Telling broody teenagers to just "go out and enjoy their youth" is a waste of time and i speak as one myself.Its hard to wait and im glad shes joined, because shes not the only one and shouldnt be made to feel like she is.Shes been very mature in her responses and sees that this isnt the right time for her but is glad that one day it will be and just wants somewhere to talk about this who are any of us to say she isnt right to do that if it helps? Bnb should be for everyone i think and im glad that despite not fiting in anymore i still have the wtt section where i feel like someone just gets it! Enjoy this forum because you are welcome :hugs:

At the risk of repeating myself, no one has actually said she mustn't be in WTT..... :dohh:

We are not telling her she is to young to be broody, We are telling her to go out and enjoy her youth, instead of wasting it because she is fixed on the future instead of the now.

No offence, but telling her to go out and enjoy her youth is kinda pointless. It is like telling you to enjoy your twenties instead of wasting it being fixed on the future. Yes, it is nice to have advice, but if your broody then you can't just turn it off. Being told you are wasting your youth isn't nice. She is waiting so she can have her youth, surely having a baby now would be more of a waste of it? As a teen in her position, it is possible to be able to enjoy your youth as well yes, but this IS a WTT forum. I choose to talk about my broody side here so that in RL I can feel free to enjoy things without being weighed down by my feelings. How do you know she is not doing that? She could well be out having fun, and just talking about her broodiness here. It is a WTT forum! She doesn't have to be wasting her youth at all....

I'm sure she appreciates the advice but at some point a line is going to get crossed and people are going to start getting nasty...

I mean, it's a debate and usually with these things people get more and more angry to the point the thread has to be locked.

I dont see anyone getting angry though :shrug: Seriously...I can see everyone's point of view and I cant see anyone getting angry. :)

Ok, sorry, it wasn't the right way of phrasing it. I just mean, with the whole debate thing going on, I think we've scared the poor girl off... :haha:

I think because the potential for it to turn into an argument is there. Everyone's convinced they're right, maybe we should just give it a rest until maybebaby16 comes back, it is her thread afterall. :)

I'll just reiterate what I already said a few pages back so maybebaby16 knows that there is no reason to be scared off.......

It's great she's in the WTT section and as maybebaby16 pointed out there is no maximum time limit on WTT so hopefully she'll find this a helpful place where others can continue to share their experiences and she can also find people who feel the same, while at the same time not rushing desperately in to becoming a mum. :)

:wacko: You are definitely reading this differently to me thompsonic! :lol: :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"