waiting at 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably. I'm hungover. I bet I'll wake up tomorrow and be all wtf have I done. Oh well, if that is the case you all have permission to laugh at me. I don't trust myself not to dig myself into a deeper hole so I hereby promise not to write anything anymore.

We are not telling her she is to young to be broody, We are telling her to go out and enjoy her youth, instead of wasting it because she is fixed on the future instead of the now.

No offence, but telling her to go out and enjoy her youth is kinda pointless. It is like telling you to enjoy your twenties instead of wasting it being fixed on the future. Yes, it is nice to have advice, but if your broody then you can't just turn it off. Being told you are wasting your youth isn't nice. She is waiting so she can have her youth, surely having a baby now would be more of a waste of it? As a teen in her position, it is possible to be able to enjoy your youth as well yes, but this IS a WTT forum. I choose to talk about my broody side here so that in RL I can feel free to enjoy things without being weighed down by my feelings. How do you know she is not doing that? She could well be out having fun, and just talking about her broodiness here. It is a WTT forum! She doesn't have to be wasting her youth at all....

I'm sure she appreciates the advice but at some point a line is going to get crossed and people are going to start getting nasty...

Then why ask for advice if your not willing to take whats said, That is what a forum is for, if you dont want people to comment, dont post, thats how it works. You say how do i know she isent talking about her broody side on here so she is free to have fun in RL? Because she said so, She admited to writing a birth plan and buying baby clothes. Fair enough she said she regreted doing it and like Murvs mum, i did see her first post. As for me enjoying my 20's and not being fixed on the furture, for one i am enjoying them but where as her future is several years down the line, i am in a stable relationship, have a house, have a decent paid job, who says my future isent now, there is no reason why i have to wait apart from we want to save some money first.

As for getting nasty all the posts directed at the OP were given with respect and knowlage, its the posts directed at the people given the advice that havent been so poite

We are not telling her she is to young to be broody, We are telling her to go out and enjoy her youth, instead of wasting it because she is fixed on the future instead of the now.

No offence, but telling her to go out and enjoy her youth is kinda pointless. It is like telling you to enjoy your twenties instead of wasting it being fixed on the future. Yes, it is nice to have advice, but if your broody then you can't just turn it off. Being told you are wasting your youth isn't nice. She is waiting so she can have her youth, surely having a baby now would be more of a waste of it? As a teen in her position, it is possible to be able to enjoy your youth as well yes, but this IS a WTT forum. I choose to talk about my broody side here so that in RL I can feel free to enjoy things without being weighed down by my feelings. How do you know she is not doing that? She could well be out having fun, and just talking about her broodiness here. It is a WTT forum! She doesn't have to be wasting her youth at all....

I'm sure she appreciates the advice but at some point a line is going to get crossed and people are going to start getting nasty...

Then why ask for advice if your not willing to take whats said, That is what a forum is for, if you dont want people to comment, dont post, thats how it works. You say how do i know she isent talking about her broody side on here so she is free to have fun in RL? Because she said so, She admited to writing a birth plan and buying baby clothes. Fair enough she said she regreted doing it and like Murvs mum, i did see her first post. As for me enjoying my 20's and not being fixed on the furture, for one i am enjoying them but where as her future is several years down the line, i am in a stable relationship, have a house, have a decent paid job, who says my future isent now, there is no reason why i have to wait apart from we want to save some money first.

As for getting nasty all the posts directed at the OP were given with respect and knowlage, its the posts directed at the people given the advice that havent been so poite

:rofl: Writing a birth plan and buying a couple of baby clothes means she doesn't have a life? :dohh:

I don't see how your position is relevant to her's...

I don't think anyone has been particularly nasty, offering advice or otherwise.

x

You know what, i give in. All i can say is this thread makes me feel old

:hugs: Hey think yourself lucky...this thread makes me realise I could be a GRANDMA if I'm unlucky!! :rofl:

:hugs: Hey think yourself lucky...this thread makes me realise I could be a GRANDMA if I'm unlucky!! :rofl:

:rofl: me too, i dont want to a granny in two yrs, lordie lordie nooooo. 35 and a nan forget it. i think me having rhys has given her an insight and put her off, babies dont just gurgle and smile all the time lol

You'd be a GMILF!

My youngest brother is young enough to be my son, that makes me feel old enough

:rofl: me too, i dont want to a granny in two yrs, lordie lordie nooooo. 35 and a nan forget it. i think me having rhys has given her an insight and put her off, babies dont just gurgle and smile all the time lol

I'm thinking about having Emily at the birth this time....traumatise her a bit! :lol:

my brothers have just turned 18, i made them uncles at 4 :rofl:

I'm thinking about having Emily at the birth this time....traumatise her a bit! :lol:

Worth a try, i was there when my mam had my sister when i was 9. Unfortunatly it hasent put me of wanting kids.

If i wasent a good girl i could have made my brother an uncle before he was born. The joys of having a baby when your eldest is 19

oh blimey i wouldnt let rosie in with me she'd touch something she were told not too....just because haha, she cam to the scan and she was bad enough there.

ooooo its a freak on the screen... oooo i wanted it to be a girl.... ooo its and alien..... oooo thats sick :rofl: bet she was glad to get us hill billys out the scan room

I think most girls are broody at that age,it's totally normal and probably a healthy stage in our lives.
But we can't go around having babies every time we feel like that :lol:
Being a mother means loving and providing for the child,giving them a roof over their head and giving them a happy and healthy family life,or atleast trying your best to and at 16 that is not so easy.

Also,i wouldn't agree that when you're older you feel like you're a better mother,i think it's more to do with experience. I had my 3 within 2 years and i am not that much older but i can see myself being a better parent now then i was before. It's always kind of tough the first time around,but we're here to learn and become better parents.

Hope you make a right decision :hugs2:

Well done on waiting! I'm almost 18 and I'm waiting too. I want to wait at least two and a half years (if I do, I'll be 21 when LO is born). I want to have holidays with friends, not having to worrying about anyone but myself and just acting my age until I finish college, find someone I want to be with and have a good job.

I'm waaaaay off TTC but there's no harm in being in this part of the forum :flower: It doesn't mean you have to start TCC anytime soon. I'm very broody so I know how it feels, but I'm definitely NOT going to start trying anytime soon.

I wouldn't buy baby items though, it would make it hard to wait for me. And I wouldn't be having unprotected sex ether x

This thread is shocking..im 23 will be 24 when bubbs is here and i sometimes feel ashamed to tell people my age as I almost feel they will think im too young when i was 16 babies were cute but for other people..not me. To the OP, do you get enough attention at home? Genuine question....as this reason for needing something to love can be sometimes a bit more complex then it seems...

And to all the teenagers on this thread, and I really hope this doesnt offend but planning for a child may not always go to plan. Sometimes other things can get in the way or things dont happen they you thought they would. Thats, why getting an education, saving, developing passions and hobbies are important.

I think it's just biology tbh... fine, it's too young but the OP hasn't said she's ttc, she's here in wtt and that's fine. People on here should know fine well what it's like to be at the mercy of biology and the desperation to have a baby. Some people feel it more strongly than others and I don't think it's anything to do with her character, upbringing or whatever because it's perfectly normal at any age of sexual maturity to feel the need to breed. There are people here in WTT with tickers counting down to ttc and it's miles away, the need to feel like you're getting somewhere and as though your dream is in sight is a strong one and I think it should be understood in this forum more than any other.

As I've said in another thread, I think people here should continue to be supportive of the OP making positive decisions instead of questioning why she feels the way she does.

I think it's just biology tbh... fine, it's too young but the OP hasn't said she's ttc, she's here in wtt and that's fine. People on here should know fine well what it's like to be at the mercy of biology and the desperation to have a baby. Some people feel it more strongly than others and I don't think it's anything to do with her character, upbringing or whatever because it's perfectly normal at any age of sexual maturity to feel the need to breed. There are people here in WTT with tickers counting down to ttc and it's miles away, the need to feel like you're getting somewhere and as though your dream is in sight is a strong one and I think it should be understood in this forum more than any other.

As I've said in another thread, I think people here should continue to be supportive of the OP making positive decisions instead of questioning why she feels the way she does.

She was TTC three days ago hun, but yeah i agree she is now in WTT which is a good thing xxx

I don't think it matters much what she did 3 days ago. She's here now, if she goes back to TTC in the next couple days then maybe there could be some questions. You should look where they are, not where they've been.

If you don't look to the future how do you know where you are going? You have to have some plan, there isn't anyone here who doesn't have some plan for the future, whether it be babies, or waiting, or getting up in the morning and taking care of there own kids. It's a plan, there's nothing wrong with it.

I am a strange man (just ask my wife). I have wanted a family of my own since I was about 13, I am now 22. Just because I wanted something doesn't mean I didn't have self control enough to not screw everything that moves. I was a virgin before I met my wife. To me there was no point in going out and getting drunk and screwing off, it didn't and doesn't appeal to me...my parents probably thought I was a god send. I made a choice, I'm absolutely fine with my choice, but it was MY CHOICE, no one made my choice for me, just as no one has made this choice for her. If she's smart she won't give a flying fart in space what we think, she will run her life in the best way she knows how and with all the talents and know how she posses.

However she should NOT BE ASKED IF SHE HAD A CRAPPY HOME LIFE, I had a wonderful home life and still wanted a wife and kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back