Waiting to start IVF in January anyone else?

Ha ha luckily red wine is one of my favourite tipples!!

Ilovetomatoes I know this might sound like your having to educate the stupid here but what causes cysts? Are they common? I've read a lot about them occurring with ivf xx

CMo, I asked my RE that. His answer was....because you have a heartbeat! LOL! Apparently, most women have cysts regularly. We just don't know about it since we don't go and have ultrasound every month :). The birth control pills are supposed to suppress the cysts. Unfortunately, I think I took the wrong dosage or the pills were too low in dosage for me. Btw, feel free to ask any questions that you want. There is no such thing as stupid questions! Have you figured out when you are going to have your HSG?

Thanks for that cos no doubt I'll have hundreds if them lol

My HSG is booked for thurs 4th nov which is lucky as I get back on the wed. I'm getting impatient now and just want it all to start! Xx

Cmo, I am sure your RE will do the best that they can to help you suppress stupid cysts. But one thing that I keep reminding myself is that no one can predict what your body will do and just go w/ it :). Less than a week for your HSG. Yaaay.

Hi ladies can I join?

I'm due for egg collection this Friday but due to ohss will have to be a freeze all for a FET January
Just found out today so feeling a bit fed up, was really hoping to have transfer next week and disappointed even though I know it's for the best
This all depends on any eggs fertilising but I'm trying to stay positive
Currently have 35 follicles and 24 of them are mature

Hope your all well and have lots of new year bfps!

Star, sorry to see you on this thread. At least you wouldn't have to go through injection again in September, right?

Hi ILT, I was feeling sorry for me to yesterday, feel a bit better but I'm just so worried we wont get any frosties, trying to stay positive but now we have to get to day 5 and dont have the day 3 option it's worrying me, how are you?

Oh yeah, no more injections, it will be a scan to check lining etc, tablets to thicken the lining for a few days then embryo transferred 5 days later or something like that nurse said, just a pain Xmas is in the way!

Hey Star, massive :hugs:. I know how you feel. I am doing as good as I can be, I guess. There is nothing much to do beside waiting. I kept thinking that I didn't follow the instruction for BCP correctly and that was the caused of my cysts. So, trying to calm down and not blame myself for it :). It is what it is. Can't change the past but I have the future to look forward to :). With how many eggs you have, I am sure you'll have plenty that will go to day 5! It'll be ok Star :D.

Hi star and welcome

Sorry to hear your having to wait til Jan. Again probably another stupid question but why does your clinic not do 3 day transfers?

Hope everyone else is well xx

Thank you ilt, I'm at work today so a good distraction but your right about concentrating on the future and thank you for the hugs :)

CMo, they do 3 day transfers but I'm having to freeze any embryos due to ohss so they nees to make it to day 5 hopefully! Thank you for the welcome :)

Star sorry about having to delay the cycle but fets have become very successful. In fact when I cycle if I have more than 2 embryos I am requesting a freeze all cycle. It's what worked for me the first time.
Meeting my re Thursday to discuss #2. Hoping to start in January. Hoping to get meds, saline sonogram and trial transfer done by end of year so insurance foots something. Deductible starts over jan 1. af started today so Thursday will be too late to have anything started (labs or ultrasound) so it looks like next af I'll have to do that and start bcp. Should be around November 29th. That's fine with me because I want to be on bcp as little time as possible because they suppress my estrogen a lot and my eggs grow very slow in the beginning. Anyways I'll keep updates as to what re says.

Thank you mobaby, I'm feeling better about it now, was quite disappointed but have heard good success rates too so keeping everything crosses
I had EC Fri, 22 eggs collected and 20 fertilised so feeling relieved about that, next update on progress is tomorrow and also a review due to the ohss
They done icsi on 10 eggs as although sperm was good the embryologist wondered if our infertility was due to our eggs and sperm not binding together, 9 of those fertilised, other 12 were normal ivf and out of those 11 fertilised so pleased that the theory wasnt true!

Hope all goes well with your meeting on Thursday amd you can get all what you want done by the end of the year :)

Hope everyone else is well? X

Hi ladies just a quick update from me, after a whole lot of heartache and lots of talking we have decided that we are not going ahead with IVF in January. The financial cost & worries was already causing massive stress and i was unable to focus on the good things in life now. So for now my ttc journey is over BUT i wish you all the very best!!! I may lurk for a while :)

Nimbec :( so sorry! I understand the financial strain. It's awful we have to spend so much to have babies. Hopefully some things come together and you aren't stressed and can continue on your ttc journey :hugs:

Nimbec, sorry to hear that you are not starting IVF in January and thank you for starting the thread. I hope it won't be too long before you'll be able to start your TTC journey again. Enjoy your little one. They grow up so fast :).

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Nothing much going on my side beside waiting. All I can say is that I am glad it's November!!! Hopefully this month will fly by quickly.

Sorry you wont be trying for now nimbec but can start when your ready again, it does take a lot out of you emotionally, physically and financially xx

Ive got my nurse consult for fet on 16th Dec, had report from lab today that although all 20 look good they can see from going back on the film that on day 1 something abnormal happened to 15 of them, I couldn't hear what embryologist was saying properly as was travelling but I'm hoping the last 5 make it to blast or even just a couple I would be grateful for just to have a chance of a transfer, also going to have another scratch on day 21 of this cycle whenever that may be!

Star, yayy for the consult appt. It's pretty neat that the embryologist was able to tell abnormality w/ the embies. 5 is better than none. FX all of them will make it to blast. 2 more days! :D

Thank u ilt, I'm so scared for weds!

Hi all,
Been off line for a while as been moving house (even though we're living in chaos it feels fantastic to be in our new house. This is the first house we've owned together so it feels even better. Our cats are pretty annoyed about all the disruption though. They accepted the temporary move to my dads quite well but this second move has been a step too far in their eyes. Keep telling them it's for the best and they'll love the garden!! (oops crazy cat lady!))

Nimbec sorry to hear you've had such a tough decision to make. As long as you're both comfortable with your decision that's all that matters. Concentrating on all the positives in your life and enjoying every moment is definitely an excellent plan.

Cmo hope you enjoyed/are enjoying a fab girly break in the sun and that your HSG goes well. Mine wasn't at all painful but whole experience just freaked me out a bit. (never had to endure any medical intervention prior to this ttc nonsense so think the situation got to me a bit.)

Tomatoes-well done on the christmas shopping. I keep thinking of things to buy people and in my head that means it's done and dealt with. Queue panic buying mid Dec.

Likklegemz-congrats on your little miracle, that's a great story.

Mobaby hope consult goes well (sorry if you've already updated)

Star-hoping you get great news today.

AFM been trying to put IVF out of my mind (lol, i think its all i think about and keep finding my pesky fingers googling things seemingly without my knowing it) Have another session with the clinic counsellor on monday so expecting a bit of crying and such like. Off to unpack another box of miscellaneous household clutter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->