Waiting to start IVF in January anyone else?

Congratulations on your new home! How exciting, at least you have lots to keep you busy until ivf time, we moved 3 months ago to an older house 1923 so have a lot to keep us busy, especially in the garden, it's an exciting time :)

Afm, today we have 7 top quality frozen embryos! Such a relief, we may also have a few more tomorrow as 4 were a bit more behind so theyre giving them until day 6 , I can finally look forward to a fet in Jan now and sleep better!

Hope everyone else is well? Xx

Woohoo star that's great news!
Our old house was circa 1900 and i loved the period features. This ones 1950s and also has lots of period features sadly the period their from tends to be the 1970s!

Hi ladies

Hope everyone is well. I'm just back from holiday and I'm one broken lady! Need to accept that I don't have a body in my twenties anymore and can't party like I used too! Well worth it tho! Got my HSG 2mo eeeekkk!!

I'll have a wee read to catch up on what's been happening but just wanted to say hi for now xx

Comfy, our last house was 4 years old so a bit of a change! I grew up in an old house though and loved it, I lost my dad last year and his inheritance from that house helped us buy this,just wish he was here to see it xx

Cmo, sounds like you had a great hol! Good luck for tomorrow xx

Star that's great you have so many great embryos!

Cmo, i know what you mean about things taking their toll more. Took me couple of weeks to recover from a weekend girly break earlier this year! Sounds like you must've had a good time tho ��. All the best for todays appointment.

Star, i lost my mum almost ten years ago. Lots of occasions are bitter sweet, you're happy but there's a sadness that a loved one isn't there to share it with you. For a long time i didn't want to ttc as i didn't want to do it without her support. Obvs changed my mind about that tho.

Sorry for the loss of your mum comfy , happy occasions can sometimes have that feeling of sadness xx

Thank u Mobaby, did you have an appointment today? How did it go?

Afm, I have 1 more frozen embie today, yay!

Right ladies freaking out and need advice!

So HSG today, little uncomfy but not unbearable but.... Left tube is open and all good but she saw something on the right side so I had to go for an X-ray. She thinks it's adhesions. What are these and what causes them??? She said my right tube is probably 80-100% ok but I had to go along to fertility clinic for antibiotics as if it is adhesions she was worried the dye could stick to them and cause an infection. So I trotted along to clinic, almost in tears, and had to take 6 antibiotics in one go!!! However spoke to nurse who said it shouldn't make a difference as ivf bypasses the Fallopian tubes anyway so made me feel slightly better. Do u guys think this will cause problems??

And.... While at clinic I was asking her about my next appt so she went to check and it's on bloody Monday with the consultant! Eeek!! Wasn't expecting if quite so quick so now super nervous. When I got home the appt pack had arrived in the post.

Sorry for the big message but getting myself in a right state here especially as we thought it was DH that was the problem so wasn't prepared for there to be any problems with me. Hope this isn't the start of the hurdles to cross already! Xx

Cmo I'm sure there's no need to panic:hugs:
My gran had adhesions after an op. I thought they were something to do with scar tissue, don't really know why a fallopian tube would have them.
It's positive that one was all ok and doing ivf means it doesn't matter at all what shenanigans tubes are up to coz they're completely bypassed.
Suspect feels bit overwhelming that consultant appointment also came out of blue as well. (Mine centre seems to do that too-one letter came on day of appointment.) At least you can ask more about hsg findings soon and get one more of the steps to starting treatment out of the way.
Also I've read a few times where people have been told they have a blockage then later repeats of procedure show all clear.

Star, thanks xx, and yay for another frostie.:happydance:

AFM +opk, queue last ditch attempt to get out of having to do injections

This thread got busy so fast :). Still trying to keep up while trying to finish work :).

Cmo, well...in order for the egg to meet sperm, they have to go through Fallopian tubes. If you regularly ovulated from the right, that could be the caused why no fertilization happened. There is a theory out there that you ovaries take turns ovulating but I've read multiple research that disagree with this. I think it's a good thing to be able to meet the RE that fast. At least you won't have to wait for a month to figure out what to do :). You'll feel better. Take a deep breath and don't worry :). The problem could be both of you guys.

Hi cmo, dont worry as ivf does bypass the tubes, my sister has the same and they said it was likely to be from a previous infection so had antibiotics and had a lap to remove what they could, another reason for adhesions could be endometriosis but sure they would have mentioned that if thats what theu were thinking
Its good you dont have long to wait for your appointment :)

soo RE happy to see me. He wanted to know why I was thinking now and if I was sure and I told him I am ready to move beyond ivf and ttc and get back to normal life and I'm want to have my kids close together so I can just enjoy them. He understood.
So I start at end of month. Af will be nov 29th. I will do all labs, baseline ultrasound and do bcp 3-4 weeks.

We are doing identical protocol. Microdose lupron flare. He said although my amh and fsh and labs are good I responded much better to a more aggressive protocol and higher stims. So that's what we will do.

He wants to transfer only 1.... I'm not sure how I feel about that. DS came from 2 being transferred. I want to be aggressive but I'm not sure.

He said he doesn't recommend pgd because it doesn't improve success rate all that much in women under 35. And my miscarriages were all genetically normal so he doesn't feel the need to.

Fresh vs frozen: he sees no reason why not to do fresh but if I want to do frozen in natural cycle I could. We risk losing good embryos. I did get pregnant on a regular ivf cycle before and had a chemical so idk. I'm not sure what to do. If I do fresh it will be January transfer and frozen March.

So saline ultrasound, labs and bcp beginning of December. Stims starting January. Ec middle to end of January with a transfer wither 3 day or 5 day :)

Oh and they have a new ivf center so no more going to the surgery center. It's nice and quaint and relaxed. He said they have also seen a huge improvement in embryo development because they built a new lab and changed some things. So I'm hopeful :)

Sounds like a positive appointment mobaby, bet you cant wait to get started, hope Jan comes quick for us all!
The ivf centre sounds great, sure you will be well looked after :)

Good thing is after my bcp the protocol is short so I go directly to stims so it will be only 13 days until ec after them!!

Thats good mobaby, I cant wait for Xmas to be over so I can start! I think I can start a few days after Xmas so hope af is around that time, my cycles can be a nightmare though and the last 2 had to take provera though otherwise would never have been able to start the ivf!

I read paperwork tonight and realized I can't start bcp until my dec 27 period because I need labs cd3 and you can't be on bcp then unless my dr is okay with me starting then. So it looks like I'm for a end of jan-middle if feb cycle which is okay still.

Theres always something to wait for isnt there but I think we just get used to it, we must be very patient ladies to go through all this with unexpected delays, I was so few up when found out I wouldn't be having a transfer but I'm fine with it now, it's actually nice to have a break from the worry and not be in a 2ww after all the ivf meds and travelling to clinic etc, I can take a breather and enjoy a couple of months off it all knowing the hard part is done

Hi Ladies, just dropping in to say hello. I've been lurking and reading as this thread has grown but wasn't quite ready to post. We're doing a LP FET in Jan, probably starting mid month ish which seems so far away I think it is why I wasn't ready to post earlier, not sure that I have much to say lol.

I was supposed to start this month but delayed until I feel more able to cope with it (changing jobs and various other things this month) so I have all my drugs already tucked away and organised. I just need to organise a baseline scan for December and then hopefully we are good to go. Hoping this is a very lucky 2015 thread! :happydance:

Hey Lizzie, Looks like we were in the same boat. A couple more months to go.

Mobaby, your RE sounds awesome!

Afm, stupid BCP messed up my cycle. Waiting for a phone call from my nurse to see whether I need to start the BCP again. I just got my period 2 weeks ago after I stopped my BCP due to cancelled cycle. Not sure what the heck is going on. Now, I am so unsure about my cycle, which was a regular 28 -30 days cycle.

Hope every one else are doing well :).

Hi ladies

Hope everyone is well.

We had our appt with consultant today which I was dreading (seen him previously at a seminar and he seemed like a right arse) he was soooooo lovely. Took loads of time with us and answered all questions and basically we're good to go with my Jan period!!!! So excited!!!! He was delighted with DH sample that we froze , it's up to 25million which means nothing to me but after a vasectomy reversal any number is good! He also done my internal scan and he's thinking maybe long protocol but took my hormone levels etc so he can decide for definate! So looks like I'm def in the jan boat with all you lovely ladies. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->