Waiting to start IVF in January anyone else?

Hi lizzie, this is the third thread weve been on together and Im still not pupo yet! Hopefully Jan will
Be our time for a bfp!

Cmo, glad you sound so positive, lots of goings on in Jan it seems, good job we had each other :)

Ilt, did you get any answers from the nurse? Hope you get it sorted soon

Afm, endo scratch booked for 25th Nov, nurse appointment 16th Dec, dreading the scratch again!

Cmo, yayy for the good news.

Star, yes. Nurse told me to start BCP again. I so dislike BCP right now. I have been feeling good these past couple of weeks. No bloat and weird mood swings. oh well...it is what it is.

Star what's an endo scratch? What does that involve?? Xx

Just got my new schedule from the nurse. I'll start stim on 1/2/15. Right after new year. :D

Great news ilt! Something to look forward to

An endo scratch is where they take like a biopsy from the womb, it's similar to a smear test but can hurt for a few seconds, more in a period pain way really so not too bad, it's been shown to increase the success rates of implantation, it's fairly cheap too £100 at my clinic but I'm
Having as part of the trial I we doing as they wanted a fluid sample of the womb to analyze, ill see of I cm find a better description of it
Its best done around day 21 of the cycle previous to ivf /fet, cant think how it helps but something to do with causing an injury to regenerate something, I'm not good at explaining things, maybe someone else can do a better job!

Star - ha ha I know, we will get there eventually honey ;)

ILT - my cycles were always a bit long and erratic but they seem to get longer every month since I cycled. At least if you are back on BCP you know that you are moving forwards again if that makes sense. Just sucks while you are doing it like everything else to do with this!

ILT that's great news and a great start to the new year!

I have a good feeling ladies! This is going to be a happy thread in Feb/march with all our good news xxx

Thanks ladies. Anyone else start with BCP?

Got a text from my sister this morning, a pic of FRER w/ double lines. I'm happy for her since they've been trying since beginning of summer. But a bit sad at the same time since my cycle was canceled. It'd be fun to be pregnant at the same time. Oh well....hopefully it's my turn soon to send pic of FRER w/ double lines :)

ILT fingers crossed you will be photographing your own beautiful two pink lines soon, like CMo said this feels like a lucky thread already.

I don't do BCP at all I just start on down regulation/Buserelin from CD1 of my Jan AF for 3 weeks-ish which if it makes you feel any better makes me feel rotten too lol. Don't think there is a good way to start a cycle. Just a bit gutted that with a FET there isn't even the stimms phase to look forward to to perk me up. Nevermind, those lines will totally be worth it. hope everyone is ok today :kiss:

I nearly forgot, I got 2 pregnancy announcements face to face yesterday and managed to look happy not like a jealous terror so yay me!

Yaaayyy Lizzie!!! You did well to keep your emotion under control. I can't imagine receiving it face to face. It was already a bit hard talking over the phone about it. I remember tearing up a bit but then I was able to keep my voice steady. So, can't imagine how they were for you. Massive :hugs: Lizzie. One of these days, it'll be our turn :).

My RE gave me a new BCP w/ estrogen and progesterone at the same time. It should help suppress the cysts that I have. The drama of getting it was a bit much though. But I was to blame for the BCP drama. My RE put in the order a couple of weeks ago and I didn't feel like dealing with TTC then after my cancelled cycle. So, I didn't go pick it up. The pharmacy took it out from the shelf after 1 week. So when I went there, after waiting for 15 minutes, they had to put my order in again. I waited 15 more minutes to see my name on the screen and then extra 10 minutes in line only to be told that they ran out of the BCP. Then they called the pharmacy next door and no one picked up, so I had to walk next door and then wait in line for another 15 minutes. Luckily, they have it! So then, I have to wait another 10 minutes for them to prep the meds and another then 10 minutes in line waiting to get my meds. Lots of waiting and time spend then again...it's my own darn fault! then again, who would be excited to pick up BCP when you are trying to have a baby ! :p.

Hope everyone else is doing well :).

Ilt, I didnt start on bcp, just stimming, for fet I go in day 1 of cycle again to check lining and take it from there, think nurse said it would be tablets but I'll find out on the 16th Dec
Sounds like a nightmare for your prescription but glad you got sorted

We will all have our own announcements soon ladies and the best start to the year we could all hope for xx

ILT what a nightmare but still better than doing it a couple of weeks ago when you couldn't face it :hugs:

Well, its my final day at work today before leaving. got a handover session about to start and then my car is being collected this afternoon - gulp. Its all feeling a bit real and a bit scary. I haven't changed jobs for 7 years! Start at the new one on Monday and based on how I feel at the minute I'm so very glad I cancelled my November cycle I really couldn't cope with being a complete space cadet on top of everything else! Going to our caravan for the weekend so that will be nice and keep my mind off things a bit. Short stroll on the beach planned for Saturday night with the furbaby (she's 14 so can't walk far) followed by fish and chips - yum!

Hi everyone,

Looks like things are really moving along for everyone now, with timelines getting sorted, procedures booked etc.

Ilt sorry to hear that getting your bcp was such an ordeal but at least now done and out of the way.

Lizzie well done for receiving two bfp announcements and maintaining a sunny expression. Good luck on Monday for new job and have a lovely relaxing weekend at the sea side.

Cmo loving the positivity re:the lucky thread.

I've been feeling a bit sorry for myself this past week, just freaking out about starting IVF. I'm finding the uncertainty really difficult to deal with. Had a counselling session on Monday which was good but also made it all seem real again (had been working hard at burying my head in the sand and hoping it would all go away).

Been more proactive in sorting my mental health today. Started with 20 mins of yoga and have decided my reward for this good behaviour is double chocolate cheesecake from the cheesecake factory!

Hi all!

Ilt what a nightmare with your prescription! Glad you got it all sorted!

Lizzie - sounds like an amazingly relaxing weekend. Where is your caravan? Good luck with your new job!

Comfy - glad to hear your feeling a bit better. This journey is enough to make the strongest person slightly insane! So jealous of your chocolate cheesecake, I've not git the biggest sweet tooth around but definitely can't say no to cheesecake!

AFM - been to see a nutritionist today at a chemist in town, she deals a lot with fertility problems. Basically nothing I didn't really know but clarified a few things about good stuff to eat, what fish etc to eat and avoid and gave me done good ideas of how to add some good seeds and nuts etc in. Was a but pricey at £50 for the hour but I suppose in the grand scheme of what I'm paying out it's not a lot if it helps

She also changed my vitamins I'm on as she said the type I'm taking is difficult for the body to break down to get all the good stuff and added in omega 3 supplement and gave me a supplement for DH which as you can imagine he's delighted about so that set me back another £80 (she definitely saw me coming!!) obv ripped the price tag of ASAP and completely lied to DH as he would freak at spending all that on vitamins, he's only just calmed down at the £50 consultation price lol xx

Morning Ladies,

Lizzie, congrats on the new job! Changing job is never easy. Adjustment to new people and management can sometime be a little challenging. But, it's all for good reasons :).

Cmo, hey..there is no price tag expensive enough to have a baby :).

Comfy, I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time dealing with IVF. The only thing that we can do is to take it one day at a time. I try not to think about the possible outcome and just do it. Hope you'll feel better soon.

Hey guys! I've been busy this week as LO has hand, foot mouth so haven't had a chance to reply.. Hope everyone is doing well!

Lizzie, good luck for Mon, change can be scary but if we can cope with ivf we can cope with anything! You will be great ;)

Comfy, it's definitely hard but taking it one step at a time does help and every step takes us closer to our little miracles

Ilt, how are you this week?

Mobaby, hope lo is ok?

Afm, nothing to report, scratch booked for 24th now this month, looking forward to nurse consult to see when the earliest date is I can start and hope af arrives at a convenient time like not too early!

Cmo, sounds like you have done a lot of research, a little spending on vitamins can only help :)

Yeah Star, I think it's the nurse in me. Got to research the backside out of everything and try and find evidence to explain things. I'm not usually a control freak but think it's just the whole cycle is totally out with my control so I'm trying to grasp onto something I can control, if that makes sense?

My next stop is to research accupuncture. My consultant basically said he sees no benefit in it apart from relaxation but think I'm quite keen to try. Have any you ladies tried it? Xx

Cmo I've done acupuncture 3 ones. Every cycle I did I ended up with a bfp. Idk if I can fit it in this cycle but there is no harm done.

Star: LO is okay. Had a high fever then developed horrible blisters in his face and all inside his mouth and throat. Some smaller ones all over his hands, feet and legs. He seems to be doing better today and the fever broke so he should start to feel better soon. His face is just awful looking because he had a bad case. The blisters have started to crust over so he will look bad for a while :( breaks my heart to see him like this!

Comfy: ivf can be very stressful. There are a lot of uncertainties and I myself am freaking out about starting. Mainly because I know this is our only shot at #2. After all the things we went through to get my LO I am not willing to go there again. But just go with it. There will be ups and downs (hopefully more ups). Just take t one day at a time and everything will work out how it should.

Iluv what a journey to get some bcp! Glad you finally got them. I'm hoping my RE will let me start bcp cd3 since I've been through all this jazz before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->