• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wanting a buddy!

People have been doing fireworks here all week. When I don't have to work the next day it's better but it's still annoying. I kept hearing them and DH and I were laying upstairs trying to watch a movie. One of our dogs is scared of them too :( Poor girl is going to have a bad night tonight.

Happy 4th to y'all too! This is our last one with my husband being active duty. It's bittersweet but he will be around more especially when the baby is born.

No other kids other than our two dogs. They're our babies :)

USAF, that is great your DH will be able to be home more after the baby is here! My husband was in the Marines, but he was out by the time we had our son. I can't imagine how hard that is for people raising kids on active duty. He actually had just gotten off active duty and switched to a reservist right before we got married, so I feel like I probably got off really easy lol.
I love the culture of it, and I'm so thankful for people who serve. I'm such a homebody, though--I would have had a very hard time moving away from family.

Do y'all have definite plans after he gets out?

He's going into the reserves. It's hard enough being away from home but I don't know how people do it with kids.

I'm late to this party but I'm 16 weeks and due dec 20 (by ovulation). I went at 36 weeks with my first so well see!
May I join you?

Welcome, Reid! : )

USAF--I totally agree. It would be a whole different ballgame with kids in the picture. And I know so many people do it, and I'm so thankful. I just don't see how they manage!!! We have some friends, and he is still in the Marines even after my DH got out. She is pregnant with their third. We talked about it one day, and she said she thinks each deployment gets harder. He even missed the birth of their second son. She's so amazing, though...their kids are wonderful. The husband has had probably 5 deployments in the 10 years that they've been married. I just don't know how she does it.

I hope you ladies all had a great 4th! We cooked out and swam at my parents farm. We just got home, and it is after 11pm. I'm exhausted!!!! But I'm on here because our crazy neighbors won't quit shooting fireworks, so I can't fall asleep. (Even though the city ordinances say 10pm!!!)

Thanks. :) have you felt your baby yet? I'm getting impatient. My first I started feeling at 11 weeks and regularly by 14 and I had an anterior placenta.
I can't say for sure that I have felt this one yet. I thought I would have by now since it's my second.

Thanks. :) have you felt your baby yet? I'm getting impatient. My first I started feeling at 11 weeks and regularly by 14 and I had an anterior placenta.
I can't say for sure that I have felt this one yet. I thought I would have by now since it's my second.

Wow!!! That's awesome you felt your first so early. I'm actually several weeks ahead of you (24 weeks yesterday) so I've felt him moving for several weeks now.

With my first, it was 20 or so weeks, and this time, I started feeling flutters around 16 or so. I've had an anterior placenta both times.

From everything you read, they make it sound like you feel second babies so much earlier, but really all I felt was flutters for weeks. It was 19weeks or so before I felt consistent, strong movement. (So basically the same timeframe for strong movement.)

It is frustrating waiting for him/her to move!!! It is my favorite part of being pregnant, and also so reassuring when you can feel them daily and know they're ok. I'm sure you will feel it very soon. : )

It says I've posted here, but I haven't...holy cow though, TWO OTHER PEOPLE from Wichita?!! That's where I'm from! I'm having a little girl November 20th :happydance: I would love to get to know you all!
Congrats ^^

That is awesome there are so many people from wichita! I am three hours away in Kansas City. Awesome!

Welcome Reid and Dissy!

It says I've posted here, but I haven't...holy cow though, TWO OTHER PEOPLE from Wichita?!! That's where I'm from! I'm having a little girl November 20th :happydance: I would love to get to know you all!
Congrats ^^

We are actually moving in a week and a half!

I felt mine at 15 weeks and just a little the past week.

Welcome, Reid! : )

USAF--I totally agree. It would be a whole different ballgame with kids in the picture. And I know so many people do it, and I'm so thankful. I just don't see how they manage!!! We have some friends, and he is still in the Marines even after my DH got out. She is pregnant with their third. We talked about it one day, and she said she thinks each deployment gets harder. He even missed the birth of their second son. She's so amazing, though...their kids are wonderful. The husband has had probably 5 deployments in the 10 years that they've been married. I just don't know how she does it.

I hope you ladies all had a great 4th! We cooked out and swam at my parents farm. We just got home, and it is after 11pm. I'm exhausted!!!! But I'm on here because our crazy neighbors won't quit shooting fireworks, so I can't fall asleep. (Even though the city ordinances say 10pm!!!)

I don't know how they do it. Deployments are hard to begin with!

Welcome, Dissy!! : )

USAF, how exciting to be going home!!!! That's great you'll be around family when baby gets here.

I'm very excited! It's been hard to be away especially since my family is so close. My sister and I are like best friends even if we are 8 years apart and her girls are like my own. I miss my nieces so much!!!

Just got caught up from what I missed while on vacation. I hope everyone had an amazing 4th!

Welcome to the new adds Reid and Dissy :hi:

I agree with everyone, fireworks after curfew is really annoying. Our neighborhood is supposed to follow a 10:30 curfew but several people don't. It really stinks because we have 2 little dogs that just can't stand the noise and will bark the entire time. It is just inconsiderate, some people have to get up early for work.

AFM: We had some excitement last night and I ended up spending some time in labor and delivery. Both baby and I are doing fine. I had a severe migraine and wasn't able to keep anything down. They found ketones in my urine so my body was already starting to break down fat due to the vomiting. They also did a vaginal check and found that I am dilated to 1cm already. I wasn't contracting and baby looked really well and was super active so they weren't concerned about it. After making sure that I could hold down meds they sent me home a little before 4am this morning. I feel a lot better than I did but still have a dull head pain.

Right now I am just super irritable. My MIL joined our vacation and now I am just a little burnt out from her, but she won't stop calling or texting. She is a lovely lady but seems to be part of everything we do and I just need a break. She took a job in another state and I was hoping things would get better, NOPE. She visits frequently and still says we don't spend enough time together. When she lived here we spent every weekend at her house. While on vacation she gave me her itinerary for the next 3 months. I'm not even kidding, it even has her hair appointments on it. Anyway, just needed to vent I guess.

We had a very uneventful 4th. We did some shopping and just watched the fireworks that others were shooting off around our house. My main thing was just to try and relax over the long weekend. Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th as well! :)

Hope you had a great time Busy! That is insane about your MIL. Lol if mine did that I would probably stare at her blankly. She lives three blocks away but only comes over once a week, thank goodness. She is a nice lady too, she just drives me batty.

So sorry you were in labor and delivery. And wow already a cm dilated? That would freak me out, but as long as they are not concerned I would try to not be. Lol. Did they say anything about the baby coming early? I have heard of early dilation, but we are talking like... 35 weeks early, not 23 weeks. But I have no idea. I wasn't even a fingertip dilated when I went into labor with DS. I am very thrilled everything was ok with you two though!

AFM, had an emergency appointment this morning because I had SEVERE cramping (like... I can't even remember the last time I hurt that badly) on Saturday night. The baby was ok, HB was good, wiggling around. So that's good. They had no idea why I was cramping so badly and sent away for a urine culture to see if I have an infection. I have never had a bladder infection or UTI so hopefully I don't. And hopefully no more cramping like that.

Only 10 days till I find out gender! YEEAAAHHHH!!

Thanks Tryin. Yeah with this pregnancy I have already been labeled as high risk for preterm labor. I've had 2 pregnancies where I started laboring early. With the 1st I dilated to 4cm but labor stopped on it's own and I didn't give birth for another 4 weeks. With my last baby I started contracting at 18 weeks. I was in and out of L&D and they had to intervene to stop labor multiple times. Just before 36 weeks my water broke and I had her at exactly 36 weeks.

Sorry to hear that you had to go in. I hope that you are feeling much better now. How long will it be until you find out the lab results? Only 10 days-exciting!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->