• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wanting a buddy!

Hi ladies I finally reached V-day yesterday :happydance: It feels like it took so long to get here!!

My hubby and I finally decided to let others in on our joy and posted this announcement on Facebook

Attachments

• IMG_5204.jpg
    IMG_5204.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1
Yay!!!! Happy v-day!! : )
Love the announcement--too funny and cute!

Your bump is perfect! I vary from day to day either feeling like a total cow lol, or feeling like I'm not even showing. It's weird! I can still wear all my regular clothes, but then some days I feel like I'm all belly!

Thanks SoBlessed!

I have days like that too, where I just feel like a whale. LOL There is no way I could fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes so you must be all belly!

I am curious, did any of you ladies wait to announce until further along in your pregnancy?

We told everyone at about 7 weeks. I would have liked to wait longer, but my reasoning was silly--I had an early miscarriage in December before I got this BFP in February. I was terrified it was going to happen again. So, after we had a scan at 7 weeks, we decided to share the news because I thought if I miscarried again, I wouldn't be able to hide it (we've still not told anyone about the loss in December) and I would want the support. Obviously some flawed logic there, lol, but I was pretty emotional at the time!

I am sorry to learn of your earlier loss. Your reasoning wasn't silly, it sounds like you did what would be best for you. Grieving a loss is hard, doing it alone is even harder. So telling friends and loved ones so that they could be there to support you if something tragic were to happen doesn't seem like flawed logic. :hugs:

Thanks, busy : )

I'm sorry for your loss, too--that would be a difficult situation to be so excited for the baby you have at the same time as grieving for the one you lost.

It has been hard. Some days are really, really hard. It was really nice when I was able to start feeling the baby moving around, just very reassuring. I keep trying to mentally prepare myself for delivery day. A very selfish part of me says that I should be bringing home 2 babies and that will not be happening. Sometimes when I see moms of twins posting such great news about their babies on this site it stings a little. It isn't that I am not happy for them, especially since for a lot of them they have lost so much or been trying unsuccessfully for ages, it's just that I am a little sad for me.

It has been hard. Some days are really, really hard. It was really nice when I was able to start feeling the baby moving around, just very reassuring. I keep trying to mentally prepare myself for delivery day. A very selfish part of me says that I should be bringing home 2 babies and that will not be happening. Sometimes when I see moms of twins posting such great news about their babies on this site it stings a little. It isn't that I am not happy for them, especially since for a lot of them they have lost so much or been trying unsuccessfully for ages, it's just that I am a little sad for me.

That is completely understandable, and not at all selfish. I think it's very normal!

The due date for the baby we lost is next month, and it makes me sad every time I think about it. I'm SO thankful for the baby on the way. And I understand that if I hadn't had the loss in December, I wouldn't have this baby now. So it's a weird feeling. But the other day I mentioned it to DH, and he admitted it makes him sad, too. He said he always wonders if maybe that was our little girl. It is impossible NOT to wonder about what might have been.

I also have several BnB friends who have had 5+ losses, which I can't even begin to imagine!!! My heart hurts for them, and I really admire the courage they have to keep trying.

I think probably whatever we feel is normal and okay--it would be unhealthy if it DIDN'T make a mom sad.

I guess it is a good lesson in be thankful what we have, and give ourselves permission to be sad about what we've lost without comparing it to someone else's circumstance. : )

Awww your DH sounds like a sweet spirit.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I feel really blessed and thankful for this LO.

You are absolutely right about being thankful for what we have and not comparing to others. :hugs: Although sometimes it is easier to say than to put into practice.

I love your announcement! We told told everyone at seven weeks this time after my scan. I waited until 13 weeks with my son because me a previous loss. We told everyone really early with the loss and it sucked taking it back. The support WAS nice, but it definitely made it more difficult.

:hugs: , soblessed

I love the announcement!!!!! I announced at about 10 weeks with this one but never did with the previous pregnancy and we lost it. For those of you that didn't see too we are team blue! I was shocked but we are so excited!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! :happydance:

Congrats, USAF!!! Yay for little boys! : )

By the way, your maternity photos are so pretty! I had some taken with DS#1, but I am just not feeling it this time lol. I don't know if it is because it is summer and hot, or what.

USAF Yay!!!! Team :blue: So exciting!!!! Do you have any special plans for a gender reveal?

Tryin you get to find out gender next week right?

Yes next Thursday, my birthday! I can't wait!

Congrats for the like twentieth time usaf!

I would be SO PISSED if they don't. Lol. This is a private ultrasound we are paying out of pocket for. However, if for some reason they don't, we have our fetal scan on the 21st, so only five days between scans, and they would *hopefully* be able to tell me then. But send me good vibes that the legs are open!

I would be SO PISSED if they don't. Lol. This is a private ultrasound we are paying out of pocket for. However, if for some reason they don't, we have our fetal scan on the 21st, so only five days between scans, and they would *hopefully* be able to tell me then. But send me good vibes that the legs are open!

Lol! I would be upset, too!! I'm sure it will go great!

Mine was shy at first. Legs crossed and cord between his legs. I'm excited to hear for tryin! I was going to wait and find out on my birthday but I'm too impatient. It's the 22nd

Hi ladies

I think I have found most of your journals and am stalking. I finally decided to start one last night, link is in my sig if anyone feels like following. I hope you are all enjoying what's left of the weekend!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->