• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wanting a buddy!

Busy I really hope things go better for you!! I'm a high risk pregnancy too but not for preterm labor. Is there anything you can do?

Thanks Tryin. Yeah with this pregnancy I have already been labeled as high risk for preterm labor. I've had 2 pregnancies where I started laboring early. With the 1st I dilated to 4cm but labor stopped on it's own and I didn't give birth for another 4 weeks. With my last baby I started contracting at 18 weeks. I was in and out of L&D and they had to intervene to stop labor multiple times. Just before 36 weeks my water broke and I had her at exactly 36 weeks.

Wow, I am sorry you have had to go through all that! Lol it's ok, your story beats mine for sure! We thought Rylan was going to come at 28 weeks due to a false positive fetal fibronectin test. He came at 39+6, but that alone freaked me out so I can't imagine. Sorry!

Busy and tryin, I'm so glad your little ones are ok!!! That's unnerving, even when the doctor gives you the all clear.

One of my best friends found out today she is having a little girl...I can't wait to see what you ladies are having! That is one of the most fun times in pregnancy!! : )

I am also eagerly waiting to hear gender reveals, even though we are happily team yellow I think it's really cool when others find out.

USAF do you mind me asking what places you in the high risk category?

My doc and I spoke early on about progesterone injections. At that time my cervix was nice and long via sono and since 36 weeks isn't super early we decided to just wait and see. So it could be that when I have my appt. next week that he'll want me to start the injections. This pregnancy was a twin pregnancy at the beginning, but I MMC one at 9 weeks and I have several other health things going on that place me at high risk so I've been trying to take things easy; but it's hard when you have little ones to look after.

Do any of you ladies plan on baby wearing or have any experience baby wearing?

She just told me based off my history I'm high risk.

I'm so sorry for your loss! My OB doesn't want me doing too much physically either. I hope everything goes well for you! Keep us updated!

I plan on baby wearing and DH does too. If it keeps baby calmer and it's easier to do things while wearing I don't see why not.

I had a ring sling and a front carrier with my last baby. I really like being able to be hands free. The ring sling one was difficult because I am not quite 5'2" and it seemed to not fit very well. I was thinking of trying a wrap this time, I've looked around and many seem to be SO expensive. I am thinking of getting a Moby but I have heard that they can get really hot. Just curious what others thought.

Congrats on reaching 17 weeks USAF!

I've seen moby wraps but they confuse me lol! I haven't figured out which one I want yet but I know I'll use one.

Thank you :) 2 more days until the big gender reveal for me :happydance:

I bought a moby and a ergo but Rylan hated to be worn, so we didn't get much use out of either. In fact, here is a picture of Rylan in the ergo when he was about four months old. This was the second time he had been in it, and it lasted about five minutes before meltdown mode. The ergo was so expensive, it sucks he hated it, but he just hated being constrained. We kept it, so I hope the new baby likes it.

904306_633522873329363_527044783_o.jpg

Sorry to all the high risk ladies! That can't be easy and I imagine is damn near impossible with two little kids. I know I can't even rest with one little one running around. Lol.

Can't wait to find out what are you are having USAF! Nine more days for me! And there is no way I could stay :yellow:, Busy!

I love the expression on his face!! That looks like one I'd probably go more for but I guess I'll look more as it gets closer.

He is such a big boy now! It almost makes me sad to see that picture. Lol :)

OMGoodness Tryin, his little face is so precious!!!
I had looked at the ergo and they ARE really expensive. I would hate to shell out a ton and have it not work out. FX'd your newest addition will love it.

I was thinking of going to some of the local consignment/2nd-hand shops to see if there were some carriers or wraps there.

Lol thank you Busy. He is pretty freaking perfect if I do say so myself. :cloud9: :cloud9:

I love consignment sales. Especially for maternity clothes. We went to one a couple months ago and they had some nice maternity clothes with the tags still on! I didn't think to check out the carriers... will maybe have a look at the next one we go to!

I've looked at a couple shops around here and I didn't really see anything at least not that I thought was priced decently. I look on the yard sale sites around here a lot too.

Tryin, he is so stinking cute!!! I know what you mean--it makes me sad to look at baby pics, too. They just get so big so fast!!!

We tried a sling with DS, and he hated it. Looking back, I'm not really sure it fit properly--I think it was slung too low on me. My sister had a Moby wrap with her last baby, and he loved it! She has passed it along to me, so I'm thinking we will give that a go this time around.

There is a huge consignment sale that comes to our area twice a year, and it is coming up at the beginning of August. I'm really hoping we can get some great deals there! I'd love a new jogging stroller and we also need a new swing.

If anyone has recommendations on how to do a Moby let me know. It looks so confusing to me lol!

SoBlessed it sounds like you and I had similar issues with the sling. That's why I was thinking a wrap may be better because you can really tie it to fit your body.

USAF there are all kinds of videos on youtube that you can watch for different holds. I have been 'researching' and pinning to pinterest like a crazy person.

It IS amazing how fast time flies, you guys my oldest turned 14 on the 5th. Talk about your baby not being a baby anymore.

If anyone has recommendations on how to do a Moby let me know. It looks so confusing to me lol!

Lol I've looked at YouTube videos before, and they just confused me more. But my sister showed me step by step as she wrapped her son, and it is actually a lot simpler than it looks. : )

I also tried to look up youtube with the moby and it just didn't work for me. Lol. I could not figure it out. The moby's strings are just so long too, which made it more difficult. I was thinking of a mei tei. My friends have had good luck with that. I dunno, think I might look up a few more different brands and see if there is anything else that is more wrappy type, but not as long as the moby.

And thank you soblessed! He really is the light of my life!

Target has this super cheap mei tei and infantino wrap with videos posted on their site. They looked fairly simple. Of course it's probably different when you are trying to place a new baby in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->