• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wanting a buddy!

We just got our bfp today! My wife, who is now pregnant, is active duty USAF and I'm USAF reserves myself. I know I'm late but congrats! :flower:

Hey USAF! Things are going well here--I feel huge lol bit we are winding down to the due date! We booked my c-section for October 21st. I started back to school this week, and it is wearing me out, but o have a really great group of kids. : )

How are you doing?

Yours is so soon! DH's birthday is October 10th.

I'm alright. Been having Braxton hicks this week especially tonight. DH and I were talking about one Christmas tradition we are going to do. Growing up my parents got the kids an ornament every year and we had a specific theme. Mine was snowmen. I think we are going to do trains since raccoons will be very hard to find. I'm excited to do it. When the kids leave they take their ornaments with them and use them in their tree. Needless to say DH and I haven't had to buy ornaments for our tree other than a few I wanted.

Aww, that's a very sweet tradition! I love it!! Lol what is the story behind raccoons?

I'm sorry for all the typos in my last post lol--I'm on my phone, and I only just noticed them!

My grandpa had coon dogs and used to hunt. He loved raccoons and collected paintings and such. His name was Milan.

I love that!!!!!!!! And I am all about trains, because my DS loves them, but I googled, "raccoon Christmas ornaments" and there are actually a ton of really cute ones, especially on etsy. : )

I love names and traditions like that with a back story. : )

I'm just worried I won't be able to find them throughout the years

They will definitely be more rare than trains! I love his name. We named DS#1 after my grandpa and dad. And my grandpa was a farmer, and loved tractors--he even collected the metal John Deere models, and now my DS has a lot of his models, and he is completely obsessed with tractors lol. Maybe your DS will grow up to be interested in coon hunting. : ) My DH used to do that all the time when we were in high school.

I've got several things from his collection that we are using for him. If we have a girl she will have strawberries. That's what my grandma collected and our girl will be named after her and dh's grandma

How is everyone doing?

DH felt a really good kick tonight. His eyes got so big! Before he's been able to feel slight movements and he's been unsure if he felt lo move but he knew for sure then!

Aww! It is so cool when someone else gets to feel baby. : ) DS felt the baby one night, and now his favorite hobby is to put things on my belly and see if the baby will kick them off lol. He REALLY thinks it is hilarious when he can see things bounce around. : ) And if he doesn't kick right away, DS will lean over my belly and holler, "Wake up!!"

That's funny!! I had been moving lo around trying to get him to move again. I'd see him move and I'd mention it to DH then he'd stop moving. Silly boy!

That's exactly what happened. I sat and stared for 10 mins trying to video him moving and he didn't budge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->