We are PUPOLICIOUS hotties! (19 BFPs so far!!)

Jessy wow I was just surprised by Charlie's picture on FB !! She's beautiful congratulations!!! Xoxoxox

So glad it went smoothly and that you got the epi in before the vagina Olympics, lol

Jessy...saw your pic on Charlie on facebook! What a sweetie! I am so happy for you!

Hey Stace...question for you, what did your pre-term contractions feel like when they started? I was at L&D yesterday bc I was having period like cramping. Started at 12pm ish went to hospital round 3pm and they didn't quit until 8pm ish. They did an NST and baby was doing great (I wasn't worried about movement just the cramping) and told me to go home with usual intructions...if you see blood, waters breaking, etc.

Just wondering what you felt like. It def. wasn't labour contractions bc I know what those feel like but they also weren't normal cramps either. Maybe stretching or baby engaging. Anyway my Dr. was really patronizing and told me that it was probably bc I was anxious. I don't think she meant to but I am a very practical person and wouldn't make big deal over nothing. Going to talk to my OB on Tuesday and see what she says...I feel like she is too nonchalant about my treatment, kind of like the first time. Makes me nervous...

did they feel like cramps low down inside? when I had the preterm labor pains they did not even show up on the monitor because they were so low down and the monitor they use to check was placed to high. if you feel tightness way down try placing your hands on that part of your tummy and see if u feel it getting harder, if u do make sure u have the nurse feel it next time you go in ( thats what I had to do) sorry the dr was patronizing ( I hate that ) is it the same OB you had last time?

congrats Jesse !!! I can't wait to see your beautiful little girl.
glad your cycle finally came Rachel !!! hopefully your insurance kicks in soon and you can start getting some things checked out or at least be able to talk to a dr, I know its hard in the states when you don't have insurance ( lived in the states for 10 years)

so baby Ethan is a week old now!!! it does not seem like a week already , he is still in the NICU under the bilirubin lights and is still getting some feeds through a feeding tube. He nurses very well but gets to tired to nurse a full amount every time. The dr said he expects him to be able to go home in 7-10 days ( that was 4 days ago) I get to stay with my husband in the hospital just across the hall from the NICU , its a nice room with a queen size bed and free phone/tv, a full bath , fridge, microwave, little oven. And we don't have to pay extra. when we were in Edmonton I had to pay 40 a day for a private room so my husband could stay with me.
i'm so happy my son is here but it's weird to not be pregnant anymore.... kinda miss him inside all wiggling around . lol
It turns out that it was a good thing the Ethan came as early as he did, when he was born he had a true knot in his cord , but fortunately it was not too tight. I had ultra sounds every few days and NST every 4 hrs and nothing showed up concerning his cord except for a few days every time I would have contractions his HR would drop to low but he would recover very quickly so they were not too concerned and then he most have moved to a better position for his cord because his HR stayed up from that point on. the dr who delivered him said that if he stayed inside and grew the knot would have started to get tighter and could have cause fetal demise . So I believe it was god's plan to have him be born early. it's weird last time i was pregnant I was freaked out about the possibility of a miscarriage and then it happened and this time the whole pregnancy I was worried about his cord and in the end he had a knot, it's like instinctually I know what is going on . but it's kind of hard to tell the Dr that " you just know, I feel it"
We are just so thankful that he is here safe and sound and I am so thankful that so many of the ladies on here have there BFP's and now little babies with them. It wont be long till all of us have out little miracle babies. I pray every night for all of you girls to get BFP's and have safe deliveries <3

Hey Stace...question for you, what did your pre-term contractions feel like when they started? I was at L&D yesterday bc I was having period like cramping. Started at 12pm ish went to hospital round 3pm and they didn't quit until 8pm ish. They did an NST and baby was doing great (I wasn't worried about movement just the cramping) and told me to go home with usual intructions...if you see blood, waters breaking, etc.

Just wondering what you felt like. It def. wasn't labour contractions bc I know what those feel like but they also weren't normal cramps either. Maybe stretching or baby engaging. Anyway my Dr. was really patronizing and told me that it was probably bc I was anxious. I don't think she meant to but I am a very practical person and wouldn't make big deal over nothing. Going to talk to my OB on Tuesday and see what she says...I feel like she is too nonchalant about my treatment, kind of like the first time. Makes me nervous...

did they feel like cramps low down inside? when I had the preterm labor pains they did not even show up on the monitor because they were so low down and the monitor they use to check was placed to high. if you feel tightness way down try placing your hands on that part of your tummy and see if u feel it getting harder, if u do make sure u have the nurse feel it next time you go in ( thats what I had to do) sorry the dr was patronizing ( I hate that ) is it the same OB you had last time?

That is exactly what it feels like...I know that I wasn't crazy and that the cramps were real. I have been feeling fine so far today but I have also done absolutely nothing. As soon as I stand up or anything I have this crazy pressure down low. I don't know...I am trying not to overreact to everything twinge, etc. but it is so hard. I have the same GP as last time and that is who I spoke to yesterday...didn't even come and see me at the hospital just spoke to the nurse on the phone. I have an OB that I see every month or so and I see him on Tuesday and will be asking to see him more regularly the next 6 weeks and maybe he can check my cervix for me. I will will still see my GP but I really want him more involved. Thanks Crystal!

I am so glad that little Ethan is here safe...how scary that he had a knot in his cord. I am so thankful that you are both ok...awesome that you get to stay so near him when he is recovering but I do hope you all get to go home soon! :)

I thought it would be funny to look back to where you were a year ago Jessy. You had posted on here...

"BTW i would like to thank Twinks for giving me today's freashly brewed topic idea. How long would it take for u to atempt murdering ur DH if he magicly pulls out a video camera during labour? And i mean pointing it at ur vadhy ooziness?? I've contemplated this many many times since mine has let me in on the fact that he wants to film it. It being me being in pain and squirting god knows what god knows where from my vajayjay. He believes it is the type of souvenir i'll actualy want to remember in dolby digital 5.1 sourround sound and image...hmmmmm....i then asked him if he was on cocaine. To which he replied no. To which i replied maybe u should start taking some to savour the last moments alive on this earth u will have. To that he answered with an ahhh shucks babe u know you'll thank me later laugh. To which i replied do it and i'm gonna cause bodily harm to ur weeeenis."

Who would have thought 1 year later Charlie would be here?!?!?

Thanks to all my chicas! I still cant believe it s done done u know? It just went by so fast and labor was honest to god a good experience.

Lolol Rach thankfully he did not film but i felt kinda weird since he really watched the whole thing goin down..i mean what if he never looks at my vadge the same way again???? Jesus there was even a teeny bit of poo?!?! I know sucks but at the end u dont know whats being pushed out from where lolololol.

Crystal dayummm that is freaky with the knot..god definetly had a bigger plan for things to work out no prob.

Kris hmmmm sounds like contractions..definetly check ur lower tummy if it hardens when they happen..

OMG Jessy :happydance: :cloud9: :happydance: :cloud9: soooo wonderful to see this update!!! Charlie is just prcious sweetie! WOW what a rock star u r momma! How was DH?

Rach what a funny & ironic post - thanks for the laugh :) We have one great PUPO leader hun ;) How have u been doll? AF almost done?

Crystal what a scary thing to know ur gut was right & how diffrent things may have been! Uuuggg the worries we go through :( Happy lil Ethan is doing great & our Fab Canadian medical system is working out for u during this time!!!

Kris sweetie I would be beyond annoyed at any type of blow off being in ur shoes! U know ur gut I think & if u feel u need extra attention then u should get it :hugs:

To all my other girls I hope you've had great weekends! Thanks for all the Melina love :hugs:

jess!!!! Congrats girlie !!!!!!! Welcome little Charlie! Awesome that everything went so smooth:) your post totally made me cry , it was so sweet:) can't wait to see her pic

congrats Jessy! I was so excited to see your post up on FB! Glad everything went smoothly & pretty stress free. I always like to share my labor story too so that women know that not all labors are horrible, long, and painful... I Love Epidurals :)

Glad to hear Mr.Ethan is doing well! I hope he's growing like a weed and cute as a button!

Kris- make sure you speak up if you're feeling not being taken seriously. You deserve to be pushy, bitchy, and all round annoying if you want to-- if that means you get the kind of care that you're looking for! You know best for yourself and this LO.

Congrats Kim! What great news we have had the last few days! When do you move in?

Kim eeeeee no more rental for u sweety!!! Betcha ur a happy lil camper!

Thx for all the love girls! It s just..really something u know?

yay kim awsome news sweeti!

jess i hope ur doing good hunni, thinking of you, hows the nip cream? LOL

liz hows little man doing?

stace, hope ur doing good sweeti

lisette how are you hunni!>?

hello to everyone!!! xo

Jessy- Charlie is so beautiful!!!

Kris- Sorry I didn't see your post, but contractions can feel different from person to person and from pregnancy to pregnancy. My preterm contractions felt like your "stereotypical" contractions, tightening of the belly starting from the bottom and working their way up. But what you describe definately sounds like it could be contractions and if they are regular I would go to the hospital, even if you dr. isn't concerned. I have a couple friends who are L&D nurses and they say that they always want women to come in and get checked. Better safe than sorry!

Crystal- glad that little Ethan is safe, a knot is really scary! Sometimes I think that the babies just know more than we do. My Dr. said that if Liam would have flipped (or if the Dr. would have turned him) he had a high chance of getting wrapped in the cord because he was footling breech. I really believe that this is why he wanted to stay breech and maybe little Ethan wanted to be born early because of the knot!

Rach- I love the quote you found! That is way too funny!

Little guy is doing well. He is so chunky, some of his 0-3 month clothes are already getting small and he isn't even 4 weeks old yet! He goes to the Dr. next week, so I can't wait to see how much he has gained/grown! He has started drinking 6oz of milk at some feedings, he looks more like a 3 month old than a 1 month old!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->