Weird things you did during labour...

My LO was sunny side up during labor, so I had to turn my giant self over, get on my knees and do a hula hoop motion with my hips for half an hour to try to get her to turn. I kept babbling about recording it for America's Funniest Videos and being in a Beyonce video.

lol! Did it work? My LO was "sunny side up" as well but no one bothered trying to get her to turn.

My labor was so fast there wasn't time for saying much of anything. When I dropped my son off at my friends, she opened the door as a contraction hit, so I pretty much just tossed him at her and said 'Later'.
I only had to push twice. First push got the head out and would have got the body out too, but the midwife told me to stop pushing. I told her, "You've got to be kidding me?", but I did stop until she gave me the OK. Apparently, he had the cord around his neck, so she wanted to unwrap it so it wouldn't pull tight. She should have known it wouldn't have mattered because he was coming all the way out anyway. :rofl:

My hubby has a video of me during labour but i refuse to watch it as im certain its horrific. Video of my face, not below! I do remember singing and talking nonsense to my husband and the midwife. I was pretty high on gas (AMAZING stuff)

Whilst at home having contractions, I was asking dad if we had any ginger for making gingerbread with, we were rooting around the cuboards whilst in so much pain! Still not got round to making ginger bread men!

I kept apologizing for making loud noises when I was pushing. I also kept asking DH if he was ok, not too tired, not going to pass out? DH is not a fan of blood.

I peeing a little every time I tried to push so the nurse asked me if I wanted to go to the bathroom. DH helped me over to the toilet, iv and all, but I couldn't go. Standing up gave me pretty much constant contractions.

Also baby had hiccups while i was almost ready to push. I was leaning over the bed trying to get my contractions to even out (they never did, always went back to every three to five minutes apart when I laid back down) and the monitor was on my belly and we could see the hiccups on the monitor. I could feel them inside too, strange feeling in the middle of a contraction.

Finn still hiccups every day.

I kept apologizing for making loud noises when I was pushing. I also kept asking DH if he was ok, not too tired, not going to pass out? DH is not a fan of blood.

I peeing a little every time I tried to push so the nurse asked me if I wanted to go to the bathroom. DH helped me over to the toilet, iv and all, but I couldn't go. Standing up gave me pretty much constant contractions.

Also baby had hiccups while i was almost ready to push. I was leaning over the bed trying to get my contractions to even out (they never did, always went back to every three to five minutes apart when I laid back down) and the monitor was on my belly and we could see the hiccups on the monitor. I could feel them inside too, strange feeling in the middle of a contraction.

Finn still hiccups every day.

During my labor we could hear the hiccups with the baby hooked to the monitor, and when they started I said "he's got hiccups" and the nurse said "you're not feeling hiccups, it's just him moving". I didn't say anything and neither did she for 2-3 more minutes as we sat there listening to his hiccups and finally she said "ok, I think maybe he does have hiccups". :dohh:

I don't know why some people just HAVE to be right....like because you aren't a medical professional you have no idea what your body is doing!

Lol these are brill!!!! Those midwives must see literally everything!!!!

haha these are so funny!!

i was also apologising throughout my whole labour, the midwives said i was the most polite labourer they had had!. i dont even know why. i think i felt like i was putting them out since i was having a home birth and the second midwife had to get out of bed at 2am!

also i remember i kept asking how long how long and they said not long now, very close and i then looked one of the midwives right in the eye and said "can u stick ur fingers up me to check if hes nearly out" she said no :( lol

I cant remember much but i do remember lying on the bed being violently sick all over the floor, apologizing and saying 'i promise i will clean it up as soon as this buggers out!' :haha: and whenever i was getting a contraction id waddle over to the work top and squeeze who ever was nearest to me with my legs crossed and cursing under my breath... When we were told to go walks around the hospital, id get a contraction and immediately lean on the barristers on the wall and thump my head against the wall waiting for it to finish, embarrassing at the time but hilarious thinking back now! :rofl: xx

I had gas and air during labour and I kept blowing into it!!!! Lol oh was saying suck it your suppose to suck it! I kept saying to him "I need a c section just take me away for a c section!" Needless to say it was a vaginal birth!

I'm still embarrassed because they gave me mag sulfate for pre-e before taking me to my c-section. I wasn't expecting to have the babies yet so I had a mixture of nervousness and being loopy from the meds. I wouldn't shut up. The nurse who prepped me for my section was so kind but for 4 hours I went on non-stop. DH tried to stop me and apologized to the nurse but I just ignored him and kept going. After my section, DH told me he would call my family for me and I turned him down and told him to go to the nicu. I spent the next hour or so on the phone calling up family and having nice long conversations. Mind you, I hadn't slept much in 2 days, hadn't eaten in like 24 hours, was still on the mag sulfate but I would not shut up and rest. I am usually quiet so it is quite embarrassing to me.

I had too go into theatre after having Lily and kept dropping off - was so tired after not sleeping for 24 hrs! Someone would ask me a question and I'd be like 'huh...? Sorry, I fell asleep again!'

I also kept going on about being in 'the zone'! 'Don't talk to me, I'm in the zone', 'I can't do that, I'm in the zone', 'I'm back in the zone', 'tell the midwife I can't look at her, I'm in the zone'!!! What a tw@t!!!

These are great!
My waters broke at 36 weeks and baby was breech so I had to have a c-section. As it was the middle of the night and we hadn't packed anything, everything was a bit of a panic so tidying down below did not even enter my head (tmi but it had been a while since I could see down there so out if sight out of mind!) So I am sat about to have a spinal when for some reason I start talking quietly (or so I thought!) to dh about my 70s style afro down below and how embarrassed I was apparently I was not quiet and dh noticed the anethetist (sp) chuckling away! Mortifying!

The only thing that was mildly funny, or more gross for the midwife, she was quite close to me asking how long I've been contracting etc and before I got to hospital I hadn't had chance to brush my teeth as I went into full blown hideously painful labour at 6 am. So I kept going on about my stinky breath (I'd had a hot curry the night before lol).

Shouting at my OH because he didn't tell me I had stretch marks on my fanny (hospital bathroom had a full length mirror and I was naked waist down).

I was very adamant that I wanted the nurses to follow my birth plan. I said I wouldn't push her out until they agreed to my husband announcing the sex. Once I pushed her out, I shouted "oh my gooood, it's a girl" my husband looked so miffed that I'd stolen his only job from him!
Also I was on gas and air whilst being stitched up and I winked (!) at the handsome doctor doing my stitches and was smiling like a lunatic! I also asked for a designer vagina
X

Winking at the doctor LOL!!!!! I bet you have never looked so appealing hehehe that really has made me lol

Stupidest thing I said was about five minutes after I got my epidural (which I planned on having all along so it wasn't like I didn't know what was coming ):
"I CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS?!?"
DH "uhh.. babe I think you should sleep"
:haha:

haha so funny girls lol.

things keep coming back to me! i kept saying literally every time i had a contraction (they were really hard and really close together as i progressed crazy fast) "the pain is so immense, the pain is so immense!" haha weirdo!!!lol.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->