Weird things you did during labour...

In the middle of pushing I turned to the midwife and said "you know what I really want?... A latte" the midwife just looked at me and replied with "we'll you can have one after but you really need to concentrate on getting this baby out!" I was high on gas and air though lol also when I was coming up to my last push I caught a glimpse of the scissors in my midwifes hand ready to cut my bits she had to grab my legs as I tried to climb of the bed to do a runner :haha: wouldn't have looked to well giving birth half way down the corridor lol

Wow I really didn't have the right level of drugs!

I remember on the way up to the midwife led unit grabbing onto the rail in the lift and crying at a random member of staff coming on shift to not send me home. There went the birth plan! They didnt send me home but I couldnt birth in the pool as there was apparently meconium.

then I remember needing the loo and my mum standing next to me - i had the runs, but it cleared me out.. my legs were shaking really badly too until the diamorphine kicked in.

I then went on G&A and every time i contracted I lost fluid and it felt like I was peeing. I kept apologising for that. I also kept asking them to make sure I didn't get piles when pushing.

I was pretty out of it but do remember my mum and husband arguing across me when it came to the epidural. They offered it when i was 9cm. I said no and hubby backed me up. My mum thought I should have it. She also kept asking them to give me a C section.

In the end she wouldn't budge so i ended up having a spinal, ventouse and forceps. And i ended up with piles. Not amused! :haha:

Announced to the midwife, my mum & oh that my piles were gonna burst if I pushed any harder!

& when I told mum I needed to push the midwife came in to check I was fully, ad I told her to get her f-ing fingers out of there as my baby needed to come out not back in! :) I don't remember much else lol

Haha love this thread! Great stories, have been giggling away reading these :rofl:

I ended up with an EMCS and on the way through to theater the doc was asking me what pain killers i had been given and all i kept saying was "Mentos! Lots and lots of Mentos!" haha!!! I had been scoffing them for the last 8 hours of contractions LOL (mentos are sweets btw LOOL)

I was in the bath naked Tring to sooth the ache in my back (baby was back to back) when I felt like I was going to be sick. I yelled at OH to grab the sick bowl, and I was sick so much! OH panicked and instead of pressing the call nurse button, he pulled the emergency cord, so while I'm naked and spewing in the bath, about 20 people came running into the room!!! How embarrassing!

I bit my boyfriend and had him in headlock once or twice :blush:
I also offered the midwife anything she wanted to make the pain stop :flower:

Pooing is so normal during birth!!! Pretty sure I did - and to make myself feel better, I made an announcement before the pushing phase - " just wanted to let you all know that I may poo during this and I'm ok with that!"

It was funny

And I had no issues post birth with a bowel movement. I had one the next morning with zero pain. I had no constipation during pregnancy either though - maybe that helped?

I pooped all through pushing and I could feel it. Everyone said you wouldn't know, but I did and was embarrassed. Oh well, what are you gonna do, right?

However, I pooped so much during pushing that I didn't go again for like a week after I gave birth, so it was nice to not have to do that right after giving birth, it gave me a little time to heal. Although pooping after giving birth is pretty horrible too.... Sorry, I guess my comment hasn't eased any of your fears at all.... My bad...

Im such a sweet polite person usually.infact i was threw he whole labour despite having no pain relief UNTIL i was pushing for nearly 2 hours. just before she was crowning the health worker said 'ur mums on the phone' i ignored her. she said 'your mums on the phone,what shall i tell her'

TELL HER F&CK OFF!:growlmad: my dh burst into laughter.

the awkward health work paused and said .............'ill tell her ur fine' :blush:

heres another one. My dh said he was always gonna stay up top! cos his friend said its like watching ur fav pub burn down. it can be rebuilt but ull never look at it the same :haha:
he was down the other end watching it all happen :haha:

so after whilst holding our baby for the first time. i said ' Whats it like watching ur pub burn down.?' he just shock his head and said Amazing :)

I kept apologising for screaming, then when I was told I didn't need to apologise I shouted "I'm allowed to apologise if I want to!" Also I had an epidural but it didn't work at all, the anaesthetist came in with an I've pack and kept putting it on my face and legs asking "is this cold?" My reply was "well its ice!" Then tried to get him to put it on my tummy cuz "that's where the pain was". Afterwards when I got up to nip to the toilet the midwife asked "are you sure you can feel your legs?" To which I replied "well I'm standing." XD

After pushing for an hour I was in between pushes and looked at my husband and said "I need a root beer".... No idea where that came from but you can bet that was the first thing I wanted to drink after the birth!

After pushing for an hour I was in between pushes and looked at my husband and said "I need a root beer".... No idea where that came from but you can bet that was the first thing I wanted to drink after the birth!

Why does that sound so delicious right now?!? :haha:

My son is 18 months now but being pregnant again has made me think about my labor quite alot and the things that happen so I thought I would share lol.

I react quite stronger to any kind of medication so the has and air really knocked me about and when I eventually asked for the epidural she said she needed to check me first and even though not aloud said to my sister just turn the gas up the next notch which she miss heard and said turn the gass up to the highest notch from not even half strength lol. So anyway I was already 8 cm and now the gas was turned up so fricken high between every contraction I would pass out but still be semi concious to hear things and every time I would come to I would sit up in the bed and start yelling omg I'm tripling out I'm tripping out I swear she said I'm about to have the baby omg omg and then pass out again lol and the last time I thought I had tripped out that she was getting the baby blanket but it was all true and I freaked out lol.
A few minutes later I had to stop taking gas and air and I said I needed to push but the midwife had told my sister I had to wait 10 I was crying and to rocking backwards and forwards like the exorcist just continuously saying I had to put by the time the midwife came back hunter was already crowning!!!
If that last 20 minutes of my labor had of been taped it would have been a scary sight hahaha my husband said it was like I was possessed :rofl: I did later find out that the midwife knew I needed to push but wanted hunter to crown on his own and that's why they left which is just plain nasty!
I really like this thread it's funny to hear the weird things that take over and make you do whilst in labor.

Oh and I also pooped alot during labour and when I was in hospital I had to go really bad (I have irritable bowel syndrome) so the smell is really bad sometimes lol. Anyway the midwife came in to tell me another lady had been admitted she needed to see so she wouldn't be available for about half hour as she walked into the bathroom it was written all over her face the poor thing looked like she was going to vomit every where :sick: she said what she has to and practically ran out as soon as she left my husband poked his head I. And says you fucken stink lol I felt so bad!!! I was so embarrassed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->