Welcome to the 'Two Week Wait'

so i went in for a confirmation test, but the hospital said i had to get a urine test before i could get a blood test so i went in got a urine test and my nurse was shocked it showed up so quick like right when the put urine on the test it showed up right away and she was like "i dont know whether i should congratulate you or not" lolol. and they wouldnt give me a blood test cause my urine one was positive, its stupid. and i was terrified to tell my mom and she said no way! you know that means.. no more snickers for breakfast, lunch and dinner! AHAHAHAH!! but both sides of our family are SO excited! now that everyone knows i can finally relax and enjoy my pregnancy! im so excited! i hope to see more bfps soon on here!! my first obgyn appointment is march 28 for medical background then our first ultrasound is march 31! im due nov 1st!:)

Ooooh! How exciting!! Do you think your HCG is just really high or could it be....twins!!

I'm so glad your family is excited! I'M EXCITED!! Yes, please enjoy your pregnancy. You've earned this wonderful time with your growing bean! You totally have to post your ultrasound picture so we can see your little beany..maybe you should start a journal. ;)

yeees it is!!! & i know i should but itd be hard with people criticizing you. makes it less enjoyable and more stressful. ahaha! i know i asked them for one even though i got a positive to check my numbers but they said they cant unless my doctor requested one, so im going to ask my obgyn for one when i go in to do my medical history. or for at least a heartbeat scan cause im VERY catious now. and yees im done for now since i got a positive dr one. ahaha. guess we spent $45 on a yearly subscription for no reason! ahahaha! ooops!

DBZ34 said:
That's always the way...It was money well spent though, right? :haha: :) Too bad you can't donate it to someone or something like that. But they have preggo stuff on there too, don't they? Maybe you can use it for that.

I'm sure your obgyn will give you a blood test referral if you ask nicely, though by that time, it might not be worth it...though, I bet just having that confirmation will be a comfort. Maybe you could call and ask her to request one for you. Yes, try to get an early scan! I'm all about that. ;)

yeah sorta, lol. i mean i kinda didnt even need it i shouldve waited till i got my period. ahahaha! i think they might but im not too sure so ill have to check on that! :D and im going in for my first ultrasound on the 31st so im going to see how baby is doing then if i feel like i still NEED a blood test ill ask for just for my numbers to get checked. ahah! :D as long as my baby is okay i wont need to have a confirmation blood test. ahaha! :D

and funny story actually! i went in for my test and my nurse and she told me after she said "im not sure if i should congratulate you or not" and everything, she was like " its super faint, but its there! and not to scare you but since it did pop up so early and its a heavy faint you could be actually carrying more then one" and i was like oh gawd, twins or triplets alone by myself with them for 4 months just isnt going to work. ahahahahha! but shes not sure but we think i could be cause im already showing a bit and im only 5 weeks.. i shouldnt be showing for a least another month, but the nurse said that since im only normally 110 pounds its not uncommon for me to be showing so early. & i went out and got a little cheetah print journal to use as my pregnancy journal. im keeping track of my temp in the am, weight in the pm, symptoms, craving, water intake, if i took my prenatal, and questions i have for my obgyn. :D

Wow, you're so tiny burns! You will definitely start to show sooner because of that. It's just how it goes. I already look 3 months preggers so people won't realize til i'm past that point probably. :haha:
Yes, i like Ella's idea, you should start a pregnancy journal so we can stalk it. :)

do you know of any good sites to use to make one? :) i have started in a actual journal but i want one i can put pictures on & everything. & thanks, im only 100 pounds with a like 25 inch stomach so i know ill be showing.

This site silly! lots of people do journals on here! see mine in my signature? Wow, 100 pounds...i wish! You are so young though, i remember when i was lighter...so many moons ago. :haha:

Wow, you're so tiny burns! You will definitely start to show sooner because of that. It's just how it goes. I already look 3 months preggers so people won't realize til i'm past that point probably. :haha:
Yes, i like Ella's idea, you should start a pregnancy journal so we can stalk it. :)

burnsforbaby said:
do you know of any good sites to use to make one? :) i have started in a actual journal but i want one i can put pictures on & everything. & thanks, im only 100 pounds with a like 25 inch stomach so i know ill be showing.

This site silly! lots of people do journals on here! see mine in my signature? Wow, 100 pounds...i wish! You are so young though, i remember when i was lighter...so many moons ago. :haha:

oh true! but i dont know how to do them though like i know how to do them but i dont know how to like actually make one on here... hmm.

My husband and I married last October, 5 months ago. We had planned on a honeymoon baby. We knew we were in love and at 30 and 37 we knew we didn't want to wait to TTC. A few weeks had passed and I was late for my period! You can imagine my excitement as I knew we had conceived on the first try and we were getting a honeymoon baby. I did my first pregnancy test and it came back negative :nope:. Better luck next time I thought. In the following days I had a few pms symptoms that I thought might also be early pregnancy signs. So, with still no period I tested the following days until I finally got my period FIVE days late! :growlmad: Turns out according to tracker I ovulated later than I thought (I thought the universe was on my side because I was expected to ovulate during our honeymoon.) unfortunately, that month I did notice some EWCM the day I actually ovulated; however, dh was tired and stressed out that day so we waited to bd the next day. Obviously we were a day late.

Fast forward four and a half months and we are still TTC. I finally started tracking my BBT 3 months in and it seems as though we are timing sex accordingly every other day during my fertile time. This month really through a wrench in the plans when I had to leave town during my fertile window. Fortunately, I was due to ovulate the day after I left town. To my surprise I had a temp shift the morning after I left and fortunately for us, as just for good measures, we bd'd the night before and morning of my departure. Now I am 11 dpo with no symptoms of pregnancy or pms. A few days ago on 7,8 & 9 dpo I did have some cramping, a little nausea and frequent urination. The following days the cramps and other symptoms went away and now nothing. My Temps have been higher than usual this month as well which I think is odd. Although I had a bfn at 9 dpo I have my fingers crossed for a bfp this month!

Well, that was great to get off my chest! We really want a baby and to be honest it's more on my mind than dh. His philosophy is when it happens it happens and I just can't get on board with that.

This is my first post and although long, I am grateful to now be a part of a community that understands what I am going through!

AFM- 8dpiui....and I'm trying not to read into anything I'm feeling. I'm trying so hard not to symptom spot because I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but I'm still hoping so hard for a positive when I test. I'm also trying to ignore everything that I feel below my belly button...because what if it's just my food digesting or gas? Man, this tww is the hardest one I've been through I think.

Maybe in a couple of days, I'll let myself symptom spot...

:hugs:

My husband and I married last October, 5 months ago. We had planned on a honeymoon baby. We knew we were in love and at 30 and 37 we knew we didn't want to wait to TTC. A few weeks had passed and I was late for my period! You can imagine my excitement as I knew we had conceived on the first try and we were getting a honeymoon baby. I did my first pregnancy test and it came back negative :nope:. Better luck next time I thought. In the following days I had a few pms symptoms that I thought might also be early pregnancy signs. So, with still no period I tested the following days until I finally got my period FIVE days late! :growlmad: Turns out according to tracker I ovulated later than I thought (I thought the universe was on my side because I was expected to ovulate during our honeymoon.) unfortunately, that month I did notice some EWCM the day I actually ovulated; however, dh was tired and stressed out that day so we waited to bd the next day. Obviously we were a day late.

Fast forward four and a half months and we are still TTC. I finally started tracking my BBT 3 months in and it seems as though we are timing sex accordingly every other day during my fertile time. This month really through a wrench in the plans when I had to leave town during my fertile window. Fortunately, I was due to ovulate the day after I left town. To my surprise I had a temp shift the morning after I left and fortunately for us, as just for good measures, we bd'd the night before and morning of my departure. Now I am 11 dpo with no symptoms of pregnancy or pms. A few days ago on 7,8 & 9 dpo I did have some cramping, a little nausea and frequent urination. The following days the cramps and other symptoms went away and now nothing. My Temps have been higher than usual this month as well which I think is odd. Although I had a bfn at 9 dpo I have my fingers crossed for a bfp this month!

Well, that was great to get off my chest! We really want a baby and to be honest it's more on my mind than dh. His philosophy is when it happens it happens and I just can't get on board with that.

This is my first post and although long, I am grateful to now be a part of a community that understands what I am going through!

Welcome to the TWW!!! We all completely understand and how crazy this wait makes us. But in long picture we will forget how tough it was because of our beautiful blessing!! Fx for you testing soon!!

burnsforbaby said:

oh true! but i dont know how to do them though like i know how to do them but i dont know how to like actually make one on here... hmm.

Go to the "journals" section of this site and just create it there. I'll see if I can find it for you and send you the link. :hugs:

Hey ladies! Several times during my husband and my NPNT since July of last year, I have been convinced I was pregnant due to all of my symptoms only to end up with the :witch: storming in to ruin the day. This month my doctor suggested ttat my fertility may be low due to severe medical complications I had as a child, and my husband and i were so crushed we may not have a baby.

This month I took a break from symptom spotting as I just got a new job and my hubby and I are moving two states away for the position. I figured I was under enough stress and didn't need to be symptom spotting on top of it all only to get another period. Well, last night as we cleaned the bathroom and packed it, we found a spare test. I was one day late so jokingly poas, and within seconds a dark positive line appeared! I could not believe my eyes! :bfp: and the line only got darker. I was so worried it was a false positive that we ran to the store. 3 digital tests later and I'm at 4 :bfp: !!!! I can't sleep as I go for a blood test in the am and obgyn appt.

The funny part is that I had been complaining for about a week that I kept getting cramps and thought my period was going to come early! I also got an incredibly stuffy nose about a week ago that comes and goes, and got egcm last week.

I wanted to post this for those of you convinced you are out for the count and for those of you beginning to feel like it will never happen. It will! But maybe like me you need to take a month off from focusing on getting pregnant and just have romance. I am convinced that due to stress from my current job and wanting a baby but thinking my fertility may be low was a big part of why we weren't getting preggo.

Don't forget to have fun in the process and to take a step back and relax! Your time will come, it just may be when you least expect it.

Good luck to all and baby dust!

burnsforbaby said:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-journals/

Wow Melsee, what a story. Welcome here and best of luck sweetie. I hope this is your month for that BFP!!! :dust:

Hey ladies! Several times during my husband and my NPNT since July of last year, I have been convinced I was pregnant due to all of my symptoms only to end up with the :witch: storming in to ruin the day. This month my doctor suggested ttat my fertility may be low due to severe medical complications I had as a child, and my husband and i were so crushed we may not have a baby.

This month I took a break from symptom spotting as I just got a new job and my hubby and I are moving two states away for the position. I figured I was under enough stress and didn't need to be symptom spotting on top of it all only to get another period. Well, last night as we cleaned the bathroom and packed it, we found a spare test. I was one day late so jokingly poas, and within seconds a dark positive line appeared! I could not believe my eyes! :bfp: and the line only got darker. I was so worried it was a false positive that we ran to the store. 3 digital tests later and I'm at 4 :bfp: !!!! I can't sleep as I go for a blood test in the am and obgyn appt.

The funny part is that I had been complaining for about a week that I kept getting cramps and thought my period was going to come early! I also got an incredibly stuffy nose about a week ago that comes and goes, and got egcm last week.

I wanted to post this for those of you convinced you are out for the count and for those of you beginning to feel like it will never happen. It will! But maybe like me you need to take a month off from focusing on getting pregnant and just have romance. I am convinced that due to stress from my current job and wanting a baby but thinking my fertility may be low was a big part of why we weren't getting preggo.

Don't forget to have fun in the process and to take a step back and relax! Your time will come, it just may be when you least expect it.

Good luck to all and baby dust!

This is just the best news ever!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :happydance::happydance:

burnsforbaby said:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-journals/

thaaaanks doll!!!!

Today I am 12 dpo and my LP is usually 13. I wanted to test this morning but I couldn't bring myself to do it as I can't take a bfn. I will see how I feel tomorrow and test. I still have not regained the symptoms I had a few days ago, cramping and nausea. The only thing I feel is tired and my breasts were sore when I woke o but I felt more like I had done a hard workout and not the normal pms sore bbs. FYI: I did have not worked out or done anything strenuous to cause the soreness.

I hear that a lot - when you stop worrying it will happen. Easier said then done! If no bfp this month then next month I will try and keep my mind off as much as possible. Perhaps I need a hobby!

Hi burns. Was the first test a positive? I don't see a line? So happy to see the second one is a definite positive, gives me hope!

Hi everyone I'm new to this.
I've been trying to conceive now for 8 years and finally have a fertility appoint at the end of the month.... But I'm due for af today and still nothing for the the past 3 days I have been feeling sick and feeling like af has come (tmi) but felt like it. I've never ever had these feelings before when trying
Had some cramping which I feel is trapped wind so horrible.
Been feeling hungry and quite cranky. Nips are a tad sore. I tested today and a :bfn: when would be the best time to do it. ?
I'm really keeping my fingers crossed as I'm not looking forward to all the tests at the hospital soon. Please give me a :bfp:

Hi everyone I'm new to this.
I've been trying to conceive now for 8 years and finally have a fertility appoint at the end of the month.... But I'm due for af today and still nothing for the the past 3 days I have been feeling sick and feeling like af has come (tmi) but felt like it. I've never ever had these feelings before when trying
Had some cramping which I feel is trapped wind so horrible.
Been feeling hungry and quite cranky. Nips are a tad sore. I tested today and a :bfn: when would be the best time to do it. ?
I'm really keeping my fingers crossed as I'm not looking forward to all the tests at the hospital soon. Please give me a :bfp:

oh dang, i couldnt handle doing it for 8 a year & 1/2 was enough for me. ahah! your VERY strong. i honestly tested with my 2nd morning pee because i figured my hormones would be more "awake & up" if i was awake for awhile and thats why i got my bfp. how many days are you pass ovulation?

Hi burns. Was the first test a positive? I don't see a line? So happy to see the second one is a definite positive, gives me hope!

yes, it was positive, its SUPER faint but like in person you could actually see it, that was 2 days after my spike.:)

I hear that a lot - when you stop worrying it will happen. Easier said then done! If no bfp this month then next month I will try and keep my mind off as much as possible. Perhaps I need a hobby!

i stop worrying about it and just did some research and i got pregnant right after doing it. i did a bunch of ovulation predictor online things that predict when you ovulate and all of mine said valentines day so we did the deed everyday except valentines day & the day before. wish i wouldve done the research months ago it wouldve saved a lot time, but at least i knew they were right! :D
i did a average cycle length calculation on a good 5 calculators and found out mine was 32 avg. then did the ovulation ones, hope this helps a bit. :D

ugh i still have another month till my doctors appointment, i feel like this is worst then the ttw. ahahahaha! pure torture.

Starting to feel out today .. :cry: Now 11dpo and have had some spotting.
All other "symptoms" have upped and left! :shrug: Was actually really
Positive about this one :nope: !! I'm at the point now where I'm hoping this is af so we can try again!!

Congratulations to everyone with BFP's :hugs:
:dust: to everyone due to test this week xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"