What Christmassy thing have you done today?

I'm not keen on tinsel tbh but I do see others and think it looks nice. I just don't like touching it lol

Didn’t post last night but we did our elf door and glitter sprinkles
We then watched Noelle was pretty good kids enjoyed it.

Elves have arrived this morning and first advent choc eaten!
Is that the one with Anna Kendrick? I was so excited when I saw the advert on Facebook and then found out it would only be on Disney

Is that the one with Anna Kendrick? I was so excited when I saw the advert on Facebook and then found out it would only be on Disney
Yes it is! Was so sad disney plus wouldn’t be available here but watched it on the android box I’ve got. I’ve heard of other people doing something to be able to get Disney plus already but I’ve no idea how.

I hope that down the line they decide to release it on DVD or something as I thought it looked pretty good

That’s the thing when it’s all digital isn’t it! Hopefully they do!

Kids have wrote their Xmas cards tad bit early but oh well! Harvey had brought home a list of names so I expect some of his friends will be doing the same.

We had a message Friday saying the school post box will be in the office from Monday which I thought seemed early we haven't got round to doing any yet. I never know what's too early and what's too late

We had a message Friday saying the school post box will be in the office from Monday which I thought seemed early we haven't got round to doing any yet. I never know what's too early and what's too late

We usually don’t start them this early tbh but next weekend Harvey will be with his dad so thought might as well get them out of the way. I hate the little fiddly cards I’m sticking them up in the kids room this year haha! They always end up blowing over when I hoover and with 2 kids and 2 classes of over 25 kids it’s a lot of cards!

I normally do our cards around 14th. They break up on 18th this year.
I got the girls some cards for friends and I've ordered two packs of the ones they designed for family.

Today we went to see santa on the train. It was lovely although the girls got bored and restless waiting. I find they need to constantly be doing something when we're out or they complain.

He asked them if they have been good and DD1 said 'No' so he said will you try to be good and she said 'No' lol. I think that stumped him a bit ha haha (She has been a pickle lately so at least she was honest).
Got a lovely photo too of the family in a glass block, I've got about five years worth now and all on my window cill

We usually don’t start them this early tbh but next weekend Harvey will be with his dad so thought might as well get them out of the way. I hate the little fiddly cards I’m sticking them up in the kids room this year haha! They always end up blowing over when I hoover and with 2 kids and 2 classes of over 25 kids it’s a lot of cards!

I know what you mean, at one point we had 3 in primary and 1 in preschool, all giving out cards to the whole/most of the class. I'm not sure if I'm relieved or a little sad this year as they don't really do it in secondary school so there a only ds4 really going to be bringing them home

Oh bless her haha least she’s honest!
Sounds like you had a good day!

Oh wow you must have been inundated with cards!
I’ll probably get a few from work pals too I don’t have a lot of space to put them.

I've been on the look out for a new card holder. We have one on a ribbon with little pegs. I probably could make one tbh.

When we were younger my Nan had them all over her living room on string. There were probably over 100 :-O

We put string or ribbon along the wall of the hallway and hang them from that

I've just sorted out all the family and friends gifts so they are together in one bag as DS3 wants to wrap the dogs present and I know once he's done that he's likely to want to do more so it's easier to just grab a bag than try to keep him out of the room while I hunt for the next thing

Well we're on hold with elf shenanigans at the minutes as we are one of 8000 odd homes without gas. Yesterday morning was baltic and it quickly became apparent we have a problem with gas in the area. Youngest has a chest infection and oldest is asthmatic. Sgn have been round this morning dropped off a blow heater and hotplate until they can repair the governor valve, as the backup has failed also.

I've had to send the kids to my parents who thankfully aren't affected. They're now advising we could be up to a week without gas. This start of December has been a proper bummer :-(

Pity party over, loving being cosy under duvet reading what you lovelies have been up to

X

That's terrible you'll be without it so long! I'm glad there was somewhere that the kids could go to keep warm though

That's awful :( I can't believe you have to wait so long to get it back. I'm glad your kids were able to go to your parents.

Thanks ladies. :cloud9:

I know and I'm really lucky in that sense. I feel absolutely terrible for people who don't have that luxury. The girls school has put a text out inviting everyone without gas to attend for a soup and sandwich aswell which is lovely.
The thing that's taking so long as when the engineers are turning off everyone supply, certain people are going out after they leave and turning it back on which is ridiculously dangerous and selfish. Resulting in the engineers having to go back out and do it all over again. Scotland is cold at the best of times but yesterday was bloody baltic lol.

I'm indulging in a hot chocolate, catching up on the threads I've missed and then off to work.

X

Aww that's nice of the school.
Enjoy your hot chocolate and keep warm! :)

I started reading The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding by Agatha Christie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"