What Christmassy thing have you done today?

I had a few Sweet Heat Skittles left so gave him them because I felt bad for him, he didn't seem overly bothered as he had just eaten day one and two :haha:

Ds1s chocolate was missing from his calender. The foil was torn open and everything. All I can think is that some crafty buggar did it in store as they weren't shrink wrapped, ds2 wouldn't do something like that and ds3 and 4 are too honest for their own good and would just ask to eat it or tell me they had done it. If anything ds1 would be my prime suspect if someone's chocolate went missing, but he hadn't opened any windows until this afternoon!

Was it a Cadbury calendar?
I saw this in my Facebook page today, I guess it's happening to a lot of the Cadbury ones;

Kids in tears over Cadbury's advent calendar saga

It was a Cadbury one, but it looks as if those ones have the foil in tact and no chocolate at all, but his had the foil torn open on the 3rd day, and had chocolate on days 1 and 2 so I'm not sure what's going on. I will open the back and check the others now though.

I've read in the news that some Cadbury calendars are affected. Ours seem OK so far. It must be disappointing for the kids :(

Oh that's a shame about the advent calendar, spoils it for those who actually buy it!

DD1 has a snowman one from poundland and it had no foil and all her chocolates keep falling out of place, so we have to keep it on a flat surface.

I didn't even realise they had foil when I bought them, but when they opened them the first day I thought that's good, no chocolates out of place, guess I jinxed it

Still, all the others are there and he had a different treat yesterday and without sounding mean, at least it wasn't one of the little ones because it would have been the end of the world

That's true. They do get very protective over their chocolates. James would be very upset/angry!

Ds4 does this thing at the minute where if something doesn't go his way he spends at least half hour crying and screaming that he needs to go back in time so it can be done right. He would want to go back in time to when I bought them and choose a different one

Wrapping!

Oh no that’s awful about the advent. Morgan’s were all out of place (grinch one from Poundland) thankfully all were there I had to open the top and slide the tray out to sort them. Don’t think I’ll get those again harveys was cheaper from home bargains and is way better.

I makes me sound old, but every thing is do expensive now, we used to get a pound and go to the shop and get a few things. Now I pound will get you a chocolate lolly :haha:
I agree :haha: a pound would be my pocket money, now a pound gets you sod all

I bought some new baubles! A babys first Christmas one and ones to stick letters in for each of our names

Glad to hear all his other Choc's were in there.

The kids watched Elf today and I'm writing down what else I need to get for the kids as we are going out shopping tomorrow.

I ordered my brother's gift from my sister and I, and some small gifts for a few friends - bees wax food wraps.
Our school have registered with 'Easyfundraising' so I'm doing as much of my on line shopping through their site (which re-directs to the shop/business you want) and the retailers donate a percentage of the value to your chosen organisation - so far it's about £15 to the school from my purchases alone!!

I'm wearing a Christmas jumper. Not full on Christmassy but with a pattern with reindeer across the top, but it's grey and navy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->