What Christmassy thing have you done today?

Am listening to Bing Crosby's White Christmas album. Cheesey I know but it is such a childhood memory. OH just smiles indulgently but I love Bing and his soft-as-a-duvet voice! <3

I put my tree up finally! It looks awful though, it's my mother's old one and its huge compared to the one I was using, i didn't realise with a bigger tree you actually need more baubles and lights hahaha! My job tomorrow is to get more baubles and fill this bad boy!

IMG_20191205_190713_987.jpg

Ds1 and 2 have got Christmas jumper day today and ds4 is going to see a Christmas play with school and then it's his school fair this afternoon

Aww have a lovely time. I wish our school did a Christmas fair

We just dive in and buy whatever he's made then dive back out to be honest. It sounds really mean, but particularly when we had 3 of them at the school I just don't have the extra money at Christmas to buy tickets to win back the things I've donated, which coat less than the tickets themselves :haha: ds4 said they were not even allowed to wrote their name on their things they made this year so he's worrying someone else might buy his things and we will have to buy someone else's.

It's a lot of money when you've got three of them!

Honestly it just gets too much, I know it's always for a good cause but since September I've had at least 1 letter a week with school asking for money or donations, and after October it stepped up, and that's only primary. One week there were 3 things that they wanted! To then have to basically spend £20+ per child at the fair is too much on top of all that plus Christmas so I own up to being a Grinch and just ducking in and out.

there's always something isn't there. I think schools think we are made of money!

They must do. I do understand that they are underfunded and need to raise extra money, but I think they forget that not all of us have enough spare cash for that deposit they want by the end of the week (etc) just laying around.

Well done! I'm actually dreading doing mine!

Thankfully we don't send too many now so it didn't take too long

I agree with the schools that it's all money, I dont know how much I've forked out this time if year for trips and costumes, if it's not that its snack money or asking for money for charity, dont get me wrong charity is a wonderful thing, but this time of year theres just no way I could afford it maternity pay isn't great!!!

We are going to our school's Christmas fair too but our boys didn't make anything. We donate old toys that then go in the raffle. I am hoping we won't win back what we donated lol

I am dreading doing the cards for the boys' school friends this year. As they are now in separate classes this will mean something like 75 cards between the two!

I don't mind doing the ones for my friends cause there aren't too many I send now. Less than 20 anyway.

It's a lot when you've got a few children sending them isn't it?
I wanted to do more wrapping this afternoon but DH went to collect his new glasses and managed to bump in to his brother so is having coffee with him and I won't have time now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->