What Christmassy thing have you done today?

Can't wait to put mine up!

Bought some mince pies today. Haven't eaten them yet.

Thankyou! Well I probably would have done it next weekend but Harvey will be at his dads and the next weekend he’s with us were wanting to go see frozen and stuff so thought may as well do it today.
Ah hope it comes on time! Nothing better than a new sofa for Xmas.
Our local switch on is Monday. It’s pretty samey tbh I may just go for the fireworks if it’s as cold as it has been. I remember the last couple of years it’s not been too cold.

Ooh can’t beat a mince pie I’ve not had one yet this year!

Thankyou! Well I probably would have done it next weekend but Harvey will be at his dads and the next weekend he’s with us were wanting to go see frozen and stuff so thought may as well do it today.
Ah hope it comes on time! Nothing better than a new sofa for Xmas.
Our local switch on is Monday. It’s pretty samey tbh I may just go for the fireworks if it’s as cold as it has been. I remember the last couple of years it’s not been too cold.

Ooh can’t beat a mince pie I’ve not had one yet this year!

Fireworks! Lucky you, more than what we got. The girls were happy though as they got a balloon. It was okay though. Christmas songs to get you in the mood and when they lights went on they played 'All I want for Christmas' and everyone danced :)

Fireworks! Lucky you, more than what we got. The girls were happy though as they got a balloon. It was okay though. Christmas songs to get you in the mood and when they lights went on they played 'All I want for Christmas' and everyone danced :)
It’s quite unusual for not being a huge city switch on, makes me feel a tad bit better for not taking the kids out for bonfire night haha!
Ah that sounds fab bet the girls enjoyed themselves.

Watched a cute Christmas movie on Netflix with the kids about kittens who help deliver Santa's gifts.

So this morning I have hauled all the tree Dec's down from shelf of doom and have assembled the girls tree and put their lights on. I have left their baubles for them to add themselves as I don't let them touch my main tree in livingroom lol so they get to do their bedroom tree. Put up there santa lights and tinsel round there pics etc...im working back shifts for next 4 weeks at least so glad I finally got a chance to get Xmas stuff done.

X

Sure they will have fun decorating their tree. Ours has always been a free for all and I’ve ended up thinking meh and just leaving it but this year I got the kids their own tree. The did help a bit with the main one but I did some rearranging

Hope so honey, and it's the Christmas light switch on in town tonight so might pop up for that if it's not too nippy outside.
Haha yep I always know when someone's been fiddling with the tree. My 3 year old nephew came in last year ran at the tree but forgot to stop running :oops:. the entire tree fell over, baubles everywhere :xmas11: lights all tangled. Bad times lol

X

DD1 thought she was being clever and said she found some gifts in my bedroom cupboard....but actually they're for her friends party next week (twins).
She's definitely a little peeker. The presents are all in the same cupboard but in a suitcase...which I may need to put a lock on!

lol! :haha:
I had to put a lock on our cupboard a few years back as DD opened it!

Crafty kids haha I remember doing similar. I'm sure I was about 11 or 12 though, and knew my mum kept the presents in one part of the wardrobe. I can still remember the smell of that wardrobe too. It was the year I wanted a Furby and I checked probably every day to see if there was one yet :haha:

lol! I remember finding some of my presents in a cupboard!

Hope so honey, and it's the Christmas light switch on in town tonight so might pop up for that if it's not too nippy outside.
Haha yep I always know when someone's been fiddling with the tree. My 3 year old nephew came in last year ran at the tree but forgot to stop running :oops:. the entire tree fell over, baubles everywhere :xmas11: lights all tangled. Bad times lol

X

Oh no haha! Bless him

We watched nativity today, I love that film.

What was supposed to be us 'sorting the Christmas decorations' ended up a major loft sory out. Six bags of rubbish and one fire later and we've cleared one corner of the loft. We simply have too much rubbish. I also cleared out the girls DVDs and books for the school fair.

But....I did go through the decorations though. We have plenty and I love my theme so don't need more. Decided not to get out the wooden gingerbread house as we aren't using chocolates this year. The girls also need some baubles and new lights for their little trees.
All back up in the loft now apart from the Christmas books and DVDs I've left out for the girls to enjoy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->