What did you do differently the month you got a BFP?

Congrats Brandy!!! I thought that was you on the CHTRC message board. So awesome! I am so happy for you!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

That was me :)

wow it just shows you how things can work, i think i have now over thought everything, from temps, opks, vitamins, caffeine etc, think I am just worried as my husband is have his SA and i have had my bloods done and i am worried that we need go and have some extra help.

So with your easy going approach how many times did you DTD? I am not sure if this doing it daily is what is needed really as so many people end of getting pregnant.

Congratualtions and good to hear these stories :flower:

Only twice the week I ovulated. I am 99% sure of the exact time because it was the day of ovulation.. by pure accident. The other time was 4 days prior.

Hi I had a cut off point when we would stop trying and it was my 40th so on my birthday I had a cry and decided to enjoy life ,my husband ,my family and move on from ttc I was pregnant that month
I was 40 my OH 48 and now at 42 we have been trying for another not as madly as we did last time around but just if it happens it would be lovely for our 18mth old to have a sibling
What worked for me was chilling out easier said than done and also it was my birthday which results in 2wks of dinners and champagne so really chilling out lol

Only twice the week I ovulated. I am 99% sure of the exact time because it was the day of ovulation.. by pure accident. The other time was 4 days prior.[/QUOTE]

yes just shows you you dont need to DTD every day, but i do think timing is everything, with work, life etc

good luck and take care

Just wanted to come back on and share, and the month I got my BFP feb 13...we used soft cups once...only once..and I had been on 1000mg royal jelly almost a month...soft cups are an acquired taste.I found them difficult but I am now nearly 10 weeks pregnant..
hope this helps somebody:)

congrats tessjs.

thanks for coming back to share!

:hugs:

Congrats tessjs, glad to know the royal jelly may be what it helped you to conceive because I started taking recently!

I am about to turn 39 in 2 months time. I had a mid term loss at 20 weeks when I was 34, 3 months later I conceived but suffered a loss again at 8 weeks. I was then on TCM and Yoga for a few months. I conceived and gave birth to a baby girl who is now 22 months old. I was not taking any royal jelly nor coq10 though, just the normal pre-natal vits and folic acid.

However, as my cycle becomes shorter, it prompted me to see a gynae and have some tests done, that was when I was told about my low AMH 0.2. After some research, i decided to take up the extra supp.

Hey ladies, I'm 38 & 23 weeks pregnant with my first.

After 7 months of trying we went for fertility testing. Hubby was worried about a biking injury he'd had years ago which badly damaged his bits and I was worried about age. All came back ok the month before we fell pregnant (although I had low progesterone- but still in 'healthy' range). I think that relaxed us. It's amazing how much worry, even if it doesn't feel severe, can have an impact.

Also my temping charts were all over the place so we finally got on to OPKs the month before.

Oh and I'd also stopped running which I think may have helped.

I hope this helps someone out there!

Hi Ladies,

I thought I had left it late, being 35! So I'm glad to read about other older mums not giving up :) To be honest, my story is...

Being a career girl, I hadn't felt ready for a family at a young age, but I started trying just after I turned 33 and got a BFP after a couple of months. I didn't chart or anything like that so it was pure luck as I didn't even know my cycles. But sadly it wasn't meant to be.

I think after it asking so long to feel ready for a family and then looking out for symptoms, I tested a bit too early. Getting AF at the time it was due brought major disappointment and sadness, we were absolutely gutted. And then a few months later, my sister had a still born. So it was a very sad year. That was 2011, and I cannot explain how deeply this affected me and my other half and in many ways.

But we're now feeling a bit more positive and I'm even charting my temps using Fertility Friend!!! We didn't initially want to go down that route for fear of only BD when it was absolutely vital, in the mood or not! But we've decided that as time is ticking on, we need to give nature a helping hand, and getting to know my cycles will be a good data gathering exercise should I need to go to the Dr! :)

Lets hope we get our sticky BFPs this year :)

Bd every other day instead if twice a day and soy from day 3-7

VKJ - I love it:
"the baby chooses you".

I'm gonna use that :flower:

elictricat, it was very profound and calming when he told me that.
made total sense.

good luck to you and all:hugs:

Hey ladies, I'm 38 & 23 weeks pregnant with my first.

After 7 months of trying we went for fertility testing. Hubby was worried about a biking injury he'd had years ago which badly damaged his bits and I was worried about age. All came back ok the month before we fell pregnant (although I had low progesterone- but still in 'healthy' range). I think that relaxed us. It's amazing how much worry, even if it doesn't feel severe, can have an impact.

Also my temping charts were all over the place so we finally got on to OPKs the month before.

Oh and I'd also stopped running which I think may have helped.

I hope this helps someone out there!

Hello Shanoa, congratulations on your pregnancy.

Just wanted to ask you if you really think the stop running did help?

I have been TTC over 4 years but only started running 2 years ago but I just completed my first marathon at the weekend so for the passed 5 months my training had been intense.

Irish eyes, my friend from high school was training for 2 iron mans when she got preggers with both her kids. I'd say to step it down in your tww if you've been struggling but otherwise exercise is awesome stimulation for the hormones. Also, too much fat on your body bogs down your hormones, if you're a runner you're very likely to have a healthy amount of fat. gl!!

There's varying studies on exercise: https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/exercise-and-miscarriage

Hi Irish_eyes,

Well done on your marathon! I only managed a half-marathon. I'm not sure my legs could manage a whole one.

I can't say for sure that stopping the running had an impact but from the mixed reports I was reading online about rigorous exercise when TTC I thought I'd cut it out and see what happened.

I also injured my IT Band so that helped the decision (it was really painful for a good 4 months). I joined the gym instead and was doing low impact and staying within my 70% zone. That's what I'm continuing to do now at 26 weeks.

Everyone woman is different so you just have to decide what feels right for you. 2have4kids' friend sounds like it wasn't an issue for her!

I hope you get your BFP really soon!x

I agree, you need to do what you feel is right, some people are just super fertile naturally<-- who knows that could be the case with my friend.:shrug:

i love this thread.

i'm totally going to be having some wine/caffeine (in moderation).

also, trying to take care of me (i.e. losing some weight) and trying to take care of our relationship, rather than just so, so focused on ttc.

as one acupuncturist said, "the baby chooses you."
meaning, to relax, and not chase so hard.
but enjoy bd'ing, our relationship, etc.

good luck everyone :dust:

I love that: "the baby chooses you" :D

I actually hate that, if someone said that to me I'd be thinking am I that bad a person that no baby wants me? People always have funny comments, when I went in for my baseline u/s the doctor said OH! You're much to young to be doing flare protocol. Thanks, I really needed to hear that reminder first thing in the morning. That made my day:nope:

Hi,
I had been TTC for 15 months before my BFP, ages 34-35 (just turned 36). The big thing for us was getting some SAs (semen analyses) for DH and realizing that nature just wasn't in our favor, and all the supplements, healthy diet, and charting in the world wouldn't help us much. He had low motility, extremely poor morphology--and normal amount, but that's only part of the picture. It broke my heart to think of all the months we had TTC in good faith thinking it might work. We finally met with a urologist and then a fertility doctor this winter, who both told us we had very, very little chance of conceiving naturally.
So for us, and couples in situations like us, it might be better to seek help instead of waiting longer and longer. I highly recommend getting a semen analysis for your partner. It's easy to do and you can find out a lot. If it's all normal, then by all means keep trying naturally, but there are other options out there. I was secretly saving money for IVF because I thought we might need it. On our very first cycle, we got a BFP. My fertility doctor, who is wonderful, recommends supplementing with Co Q-10, vitamin D, and folic acid. During stimulation, I kept to a low-gluten, moderate-dairy diet with lots of lean protein and leafy greens. Don't know if it helped but it didn't hurt.

Girls, I just get a feeling that the intense training for the marathon would not result in me getting my miracle. I just had the feeling so I think I will just cut the running down for enjoyment rather than training for races.

ChocolateC, congratulations on your pregnancy. xxx

Probably a good idea. If your body mass is too low, that could interfere with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->