What did you do today that was Christmassy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shambaby

hayden's personal chef
Reaction score
Sorry if someone has already started this and I have missed it, but I remember a thread from last year with this title, and I really enjoyed reading about what everyone had been up to, so thought I'd start one this year.

So, today I looked through the boots gift guide with my little munchkins (gift guide may not have survived that one intact!), I have worked a little on my crochet wreath, and I have booked tickets for me and my 4 year old to a 'pyjamas and blankets' screening of the Polar Express at a local cinema, including a visit with Santa! Trying not to get too excited, as it is entirely possible I will have to work and Daddy will have to take him instead, but it will be his first cinema trip, and I'm sure he will love it, and I so want to go!

So what did you do today? :xmas6:

I browsed through the Avon book looking for presents. And as soon as ds4 is asleep I'm going to update my lists.

I've just ordered our new christmas tree! Will be taking a look at some decorations and ordering baubles for the kids to decorate in december too. Love the 'bers when its not frowned upon by less organised people to get ready for a brill christmas!

Not a lot today so far :-( having work done on the house so it is taking my spirit away, although it will look good for Christmas :xmas5:

Scrap that my sons headset has just been delivered for his playstation for Christmas, he is going to be over the moon :xmas7:

Oh I loved this thread last year!

So far today I've browsed online for Christmassy goodies, continued crocheting a little wooly cardigan for OH's mum-to-be friend (which isn't for Christmas but it's wintery!), and booked tickets for a Christmas singalong concert the week before Christmas :happydance: excited!!

I bought some stocking fillers, Frozen and chocolates for my DD :thumbup:

My wilkinsons wrapping paper got delivered and I'm going to wrap presents this evening when kids r sleeping

Wondered around the range ! looking at the xmas stuff, for the second time this week! ahah

Today I done some more Xmas shopping :) I bought some:
Frozen Xmas wrapping paper
An Xmas fleecy blanket
Frozen megasketcher
Frozen stamp dispenser machine
Frozen Deluxe Art Set
Frozen Jigsaw Puzzle
Frozen memory Game
Frozen Jam Jar Cup
2x Frozen cushions
2x Frozen packets of milk chocolate lollies
And ordered Mega Bloks Princess Play-n-Go Fairytale Table

I had a mooch around the Yankee candle store looking at all the Christmas candles :D

I went into the Yankee candle shop and smelt all the Christmas candles. I left disappointed, none of them smelt like christmas to me :(

I made a couple of Xmas shaped crayons for the boys Christmas Eve bags :) only a few though as I was short on crayons and am currently making a crayon selection box for DS2's birthday next month.
We also decorated our first batch of clay tree decorations I cut out a few days ago. I'm on the ball this year as DH's family have moved abroad to America and Canada so we are having to send things in advance. xx

Ooh, i forgot to post in here yesterday - i booked tickets for me and my boy for a 'pyjamas and blankets' screening of polar express at a local cinema the sunday before christmas, including a visit from santa and a present. Very excited! :xmas12:

Today, my new christmas tablecloth arrived from next and i created an amazon wishlist for all the things still to get for the munchkins :xmas6:

Lovely to hear about all the christmassy-ness, and to discover a fellow crocheter, Kate&Lucas x

Ooh, i forgot to post in here yesterday - i booked tickets for me and my boy for a 'pyjamas and blankets' screening of polar express at a local cinema the sunday before christmas, including a visit from santa and a present. Very excited! :xmas12:

Today, my new christmas tablecloth arrived from next and i created an amazon wishlist for all the things still to get for the munchkins :xmas6:

Pyjama and blankets at the cinema sounds amazing!! I need a cinema near me to do it! xx

Pyjama and blankets at the cinema sounds amazing!! I need a cinema near me to do it! xx

I know, it's fab! When I was growing up it was the only cinema in town, an independent one, until an odeon opened and basically put them out of business. Part of the cinema was turned into a Weatherspoons, but the rest was just left as it was. Then, a few years ago, a group of people started renovating it. It's still not quite finished, but for a while now they have been putting on special events and showings to raise money for the renovations. They don't have the latest films, but they have lots of cool things - recently there was a Rocky Horror show event, and next year they have a Dirty Dancing sing / dance along one! This will be my first time back there since my mid teens, can't wait! I will admit to being a bit unsure about going out in mmy pyjamas at 10 am, though! They don't have their own car park so there will be a little bit of a walk to get there!

I made some burlap and some felt Christmas decorations.

I know, it's fab! When I was growing up it was the only cinema in town, an independent one, until an odeon opened and basically put them out of business. Part of the cinema was turned into a Weatherspoons, but the rest was just left as it was. Then, a few years ago, a group of people started renovating it. It's still not quite finished, but for a while now they have been putting on special events and showings to raise money for the renovations. They don't have the latest films, but they have lots of cool things - recently there was a Rocky Horror show event, and next year they have a Dirty Dancing sing / dance along one! This will be my first time back there since my mid teens, can't wait! I will admit to being a bit unsure about going out in mmy pyjamas at 10 am, though! They don't have their own car park so there will be a little bit of a walk to get there!

I was going to book this for my DD but it sold out. I think I might live in the same area as you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"