What do you all think??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Jemma_x, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Jemma_x

Jemma_x Mummy and Engaged

Its my 18th birthday in a couple of week and me, OH and a few close friends are going out and i know midwife has said one glass of wine wont hurt but just wanted everyone's oppion.

Thanks

2. babezone

babezone Well-Known Member

me personally i havent touched alcohol but every1 diff and it totally down to u.
    its ur body and baby hun xxx

3. dannydustcart

dannydustcart Well-Known Member

i think not drinking is best all round, but they do say one glass wont do any harm..xx hope u have a good birthday

4. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

I drank the odd glass in all 3 pregnancys after I got past the 12 wk stage as they dont recomend any in first 12 wks ...I say its up to you hun ...In my opinion 1 glass wont hurt or how about wine n lemonade ? or maybe low alcholol xxx

5. saraendepity

saraendepity Daisy's Mummy and TTC!

i personally wouldnt drink anything but i dont drink much usually so it doesnt bother me...its your body and bump hun...i'm sure if midwife says one glass wont hurt then it'll be fine

sara

xxxxxxxxxxx

6. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

I would not touch a drop of alcohol during any stage of pregnancy but thats just my opinion, its just not worth the risks. i was pregnant during my 21st and not having any alcohol never bothered me one bit as i knew there was a special little person growing inside me :)

7. Younglutonmum

Younglutonmum Mummy To Maya & Bump

I had a few drinks when I was pregnant hun & I have a very healthy little girl

If you want a drink then go for it! You're not stupid & no not to binge drink so have a glass of wine! You're only 18 once!!

:hug:

8. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

I dont see anything wrong with having the "odd" drink during pregnancy but if im completely honest and i were you, id air on the side of caution due to the problems you had with your last pregnancy (obv not drink related)

If you understand what i mean?

9. Jemma_x

Jemma_x Mummy and Engaged

Polo : ye i know what you mean hun, just to be on cautious side.

10. jobee2222

jobee2222 Well-Known Member

I have had 3 glasses of wine since i found out i was pregnant. They were all on seperate occasions. If you feel you can have just the one drink then i think thats ok. Have fun and be safe though.

11. Dustyx

Dustyx Well-Known Member

As it's a special occasion your 18th! I think you should def treat yourself to a small glass of wine, make sure its a decent one too. The odd one is not going to do you any harm. My sister was pregnant with her twins and had a glass of champagne at my other sisters wedding. You are over 12wks so 2-3 over your whole pregnancy won't do any harm. The MW wouldn't say so if she thought it was a bad idea! have a great time and enjoy your glass. You could always opt for a sprizer if it makes you feel better! Anyway have fun hun!!!

12. LongRoadAhead

LongRoadAhead ♥Due 06/05/09♥

Im not touching a drop of alcohol in my pregnancy, Theres always time after you've given birth to celebrate with a drink
    X

13. Rah

Rah Mummy to 2 princesses

I decided i was going to have a glass at xmas and im sure if i was 18 i would have a glass then as well!
    I personally dont think 1 glass will harm past the 12 week mark but i wouldnt touch anything before that

What ever you decide hope you have a great 18th!!!!

14. Cariad_bach

Cariad_bach mum to 2 boys and 2 girls

I wouldn't hun because 'if' there is a risk its not worth taking to me....but i wouldnt judge anyone who did drink a little xxxx

15. mrscookie

mrscookie Mama and expecting

to be honest, baby is so small, and a glass of wine can make me tipsy(im a lightweight) so it made me wonder what effect it would have on my tiny baby, so im proud to say, i have not had any alcohol for the last 26 weeks. Everyone is different, but personally I have not had any, i think the first tri was scarier with regards to booze as if anything happened to my bean i would blame the booze regardless of whether it was the cause or not. 1 glass will not harm your baby, but i would avoid it personally. I just had my 23rd birthday and i drank shloer :D hehe
    xxx

16. Jenelle

Jenelle Mommy of 2 Boys

I agree with Melbo, if one glass can make someone a lil tipsy, just imagine what it could do to LO... However I say it is your choice, and you do as you wish, but I personally wouldnt see one small glass of wine even worth it, considering the chances being taken.

17. Janisdkh

Janisdkh Well-Known Member

I too agree. I am a wine drinker and love the occasional glass of wine a few times a month, but would never drink it while pregnant. It is up to you though. Everyone has their own opinions though. I would get a virgin drink like a bloody mary but the virgin type which means no alcahol. Still tastes like you are having an alcaholic beverage though. That is probably what I would drink if I were going out. Good luck hun. One glass of wine can make me feel great so you can imagine the impact on a fetus.