What do you all think??

Jemma_x

Mummy and Engaged
Reaction score
Its my 18th birthday in a couple of week and me, OH and a few close friends are going out and i know midwife has said one glass of wine wont hurt but just wanted everyone's oppion.

Thanks

me personally i havent touched alcohol but every1 diff and it totally down to u.
its ur body and baby hun xxx

i think not drinking is best all round, but they do say one glass wont do any harm..xx hope u have a good birthday

I drank the odd glass in all 3 pregnancys after I got past the 12 wk stage as they dont recomend any in first 12 wks ...I say its up to you hun ...In my opinion 1 glass wont hurt or how about wine n lemonade ? or maybe low alcholol xxx

i personally wouldnt drink anything but i dont drink much usually so it doesnt bother me...its your body and bump hun...i'm sure if midwife says one glass wont hurt then it'll be fine

sara

xxxxxxxxxxx

I would not touch a drop of alcohol during any stage of pregnancy but thats just my opinion, its just not worth the risks. i was pregnant during my 21st and not having any alcohol never bothered me one bit as i knew there was a special little person growing inside me :)

I had a few drinks when I was pregnant hun & I have a very healthy little girl

If you want a drink then go for it! You're not stupid & no not to binge drink so have a glass of wine! You're only 18 once!!

:hug:

I dont see anything wrong with having the "odd" drink during pregnancy but if im completely honest and i were you, id air on the side of caution due to the problems you had with your last pregnancy (obv not drink related)

If you understand what i mean?

Polo : ye i know what you mean hun, just to be on cautious side.

I have had 3 glasses of wine since i found out i was pregnant. They were all on seperate occasions. If you feel you can have just the one drink then i think thats ok. Have fun and be safe though.

As it's a special occasion your 18th! I think you should def treat yourself to a small glass of wine, make sure its a decent one too. The odd one is not going to do you any harm. My sister was pregnant with her twins and had a glass of champagne at my other sisters wedding. You are over 12wks so 2-3 over your whole pregnancy won't do any harm. The MW wouldn't say so if she thought it was a bad idea! have a great time and enjoy your glass. You could always opt for a sprizer if it makes you feel better! Anyway have fun hun!!!

Im not touching a drop of alcohol in my pregnancy, Theres always time after you've given birth to celebrate with a drink
X

I decided i was going to have a glass at xmas and im sure if i was 18 i would have a glass then as well!
I personally dont think 1 glass will harm past the 12 week mark but i wouldnt touch anything before that

What ever you decide hope you have a great 18th!!!!

I wouldn't hun because 'if' there is a risk its not worth taking to me....but i wouldnt judge anyone who did drink a little xxxx

to be honest, baby is so small, and a glass of wine can make me tipsy(im a lightweight) so it made me wonder what effect it would have on my tiny baby, so im proud to say, i have not had any alcohol for the last 26 weeks. Everyone is different, but personally I have not had any, i think the first tri was scarier with regards to booze as if anything happened to my bean i would blame the booze regardless of whether it was the cause or not. 1 glass will not harm your baby, but i would avoid it personally. I just had my 23rd birthday and i drank shloer :D hehe
xxx

I agree with Melbo, if one glass can make someone a lil tipsy, just imagine what it could do to LO... However I say it is your choice, and you do as you wish, but I personally wouldnt see one small glass of wine even worth it, considering the chances being taken.

I agree with Melbo, if one glass can make someone a lil tipsy, just imagine what it could do to LO... However I say it is your choice, and you do as you wish, but I personally wouldnt see one small glass of wine even worth it, considering the chances being taken.

I too agree. I am a wine drinker and love the occasional glass of wine a few times a month, but would never drink it while pregnant. It is up to you though. Everyone has their own opinions though. I would get a virgin drink like a bloody mary but the virgin type which means no alcahol. Still tastes like you are having an alcaholic beverage though. That is probably what I would drink if I were going out. Good luck hun. One glass of wine can make me feel great so you can imagine the impact on a fetus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->