What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

i think prescriptions should be free.
if you need medicine you need it

i couldnt afford all me and my daughters medications if it came to that

I agree, I have hayfever and since I was 16 have had to pay a fortune throughout the hayfever season, obviously it's free atm but not sure how I'll afford it when it's not now.

I get 30 antihistamine tablets over the counter for £3. This last a month. £3 a month is nothing. I bet some people on benefits spend more than that on a packet of fags putting more pressure on the NHS with their smoking!

xx

I agree, I have hayfever and since I was 16 have had to pay a fortune throughout the hayfever season, obviously it's free atm but not sure how I'll afford it when it's not now.

I get 30 antihistamine tablets over the counter for £3. This last a month. £3 a month is nothing. I bet some people on benefits spend more than that on a packet of fags putting more pressure on the NHS with their smoking!

xx

yeah but thats in your own circumstance.
others have lots of meds they need and couldnt afford to buy the amount they need.
that would be life threatening for those people if they had to pay and couldnt

xx

:wacko: so only people on benefits who smoke put pressure on the NHS? My FiL who drinks and has health problems because of it isn't putting the pressure on the NHS?

ETA - I would also rather see my FiL out of pocket £7.50 than my mum curled up in bed because she can't move due to constant pain (forgot to add thats what would happen if she had to pay for her prescriptions even on benefits)

so if you dont want to lose ctc and you dont want to pay for prescriptions and you dont want to lose your ctf what exactly are you prepared to lose to get the country back on track?

xx

:wacko: so only people on benefits who smoke put pressure on the NHS? My FiL who drinks and has health problems because of it isn't putting the pressure on the NHS?

No I dont mean that. Anyone who smokes or abuses alcohol puts pressure on the NHS on benefits or not.

But if people on benefits can afford to smoke they can probably afford perscriptions instead. That was my point. Im not saying every on benfits smokes. Its just an example.

xx

We won't lose CTC, people need to get that out of their heads! I agree with Boony to a point though, we have to make sacrifices somewhere, CTF being an area I think it is fair to get rid of. Unecessary money being handed out is not the way to solve our economic crisis

we shouldnt need to lose out at all.
labour wasnt taking away all of our benefits.
however i dont know labours policy for prescriptions

xx

No I dont mean that. Anyone who smokes or abuses alcohol puts pressure on the NHS on benefits or not.

But if people on benefits can afford to smoke they can probably afford perscriptions instead. That was my point. Im not saying every on benfits smokes. Its just an example.

xx

i see what you mean now :thumbup: but not everyones in that boat

We won't lose CTC, people need to get that out of their heads! I agree with Boony to a point though, we have to make sacrifices somewhere, CTF being an area I think it is fair to get rid of. Unecessary money being handed out is not the way to solve our economic crisis

sorry i know they are not taking it away from everyone i should've worded it differently.

The point is we need to make cutbacks somewhere!

I agree with that Bex.
x

we shouldnt need to lose out at all.
labour wasnt taking away all of our benefits.
however i dont know labours policy for prescriptions

and thats the problem labour werent taking away anything so we would've ended up in more debt!

People dont need the CTF the children wont get them for 18 years anyway its not neccessary and can save alot of money!

but it is necessary because thats for your childs future and for them to go to college etc

£250 isnt going to go very far at college

Maybe they should cut politicians wages.......... footballers who earn 30k a week should pay a shit load of tax........

Councils wasting millions just so they spend everything before the end of the tax year

There is a million different ways to save the country money without making normal people suffer

I don't think CTF is necessary, a number of my friends have been to college and uni without having money saved for them. Also I don't remember having to pay for college when I was 16 and isn't uni free in Scotland?

But think about it logically. Suppose a child is born every minute in the UK. Every one of those children gets £250. Imagine we stopped that and saved that kind of money and put it into areas that need financial support, the economy would be in a much better position as well as the education and health system, a better economy for our children so they won't have to rely on that money iykwim?

you can get up to £750 as far as i know and for some families that goes a long way

but it is necessary because thats for your childs future and for them to go to college etc

Why? We have managed years without child funds. Has that ever stopped young people getting education? You dont need a fund to go to college.

Its just pointless money that could be better put else where at the moment that sitting in an account that children wont have access to for 18 years that could save the country right now!

x

Maybe they should cut politicians wages.......... footballers who earn 30k a week should pay a shit load of tax........

Councils wasting millions just so they spend everything before the end of the tax year

There is a million different ways to save the country money without making normal people suffer

so true!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->