What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

In the long run, that £250 can be saved by parents if you put in less than £14 a year for those 18 years. And wouldn't that money be better off going directly into the schools, colleges, universities?

I don't think they should put prescriptions up though. And also if Lib Dems can get a word in edgeways they want to scrap tutition fees and student debt meaning free Uni education in the rest of the UK, not just Scotland

i think prescriptions should be free.
if you need medicine you need it

i couldnt afford all me and my daughters medications if it came to that

I agree, I have hayfever and since I was 16 have had to pay a fortune throughout the hayfever season, obviously it's free atm but not sure how I'll afford it when it's not now.

I get 30 antihistamine tablets over the counter for £3. This last a month. £3 a month is nothing. I bet some people on benefits spend more than that on a packet of fags putting more pressure on the NHS with their smoking!

xx

:wacko: so only people on benefits who smoke put pressure on the NHS? My FiL who drinks and has health problems because of it isn't putting the pressure on the NHS?

Ok, lets not turn this into a "debate" about what people who are/aren't on benefits spend money on/ deserve to spend money on - lets stick to discussing policies etc otherwise I fear it will get out of hand :flower:

And as for Nick Clegg, he said that the party with the most votes "deserve" to have first stab at forming a government - I am sure he is well aware that in actual fact itis Gordon Brown who gets the first shot - just that this isn't fair!

He also did not say he was gonna form a coalition with the tories, just that he would give them a chance to see if they could persuade him that they would run the country in teh best interest of the country as a whole. If David Cameron could persuade him of this then he has 2 options - 1. form a coalition or 2. just support him as forming a minority government.

If David Cameron cannot persuade him that his policies will be in the best interest of the country then again he can choose to not support the conservatives in any way. In which case he can go and have a chat with botox Brown.

In now way is he saying he will go with whoever has the most votes regardless of what their policies are.

I actually respect Clegg for saying that he will first of all listen to the party that got the MAJORITY OF THE COUNTRIES VOTES. He is therefore listening to the majority of voters out there and therefore listening to what the country want.

All just my opinion of course!

tbh im not too fussed about ctf..... i thought it strange when they started it!! Thought it would be better to put into actual colleges/unis to help make it cheaper to attend.....

plus if you dont add anything to them, what is £250 gonna be in 18 years time?! They will probably be able to buy a pair of trainers!

I dont think uni should be free. Its a choice. You dont have to go no one forces you. I never went and I am better off now than some of my friends who went to uni and now have massive debt. I have a better job & I am on better money than alot of them. There are alot of mickey mouse degrees about.

xx

you can get up to 750pounds depending on circumstances.
to me thats a lot of money

Exactly. £750 IS a lot of money. Money that could be spent in areas like improving the NHS or education, reducing class sizes and employing more teachers to give children a better education, reducing waiting times for cancer results etc

you can get up to 750pounds depending on circumstances.
to me thats a lot of money

But in 18 years time that won't be a lot of money - but now if all of that money was saved it WOULD make a difference to the economy.

Part of the reason (and I am in no way saying the ONLY reason - it is a global recession) thsi country is in so much debt is beacuse Gordon Brown has been spending so much money - so saying that we shouldn't haven't to face any cuts is just madness! Cuts WILL happen no matter who gets in to power. The country cannot continue to function spending as much as it does - cuts have to made somewhere and it is impossible that some of these cuts will not affect every single person in this country.

Oh and the tories want to pretty much freeze M.Ps pay (can't remember who said about cutting M.Ps pay)

And enough already about tax credits - unless you ar eearnign over £50,000 you wont lose your tax credits

yeah i know that but im moving south shortly and its still unfair for those who are in that position down there.
even still with no tuition fees up in scotland it would still make a big difference to help them

we shouldnt need to lose out at all.
labour wasnt taking away all of our benefits.
however i dont know labours policy for prescriptions

I have been saying all along that who ever gets in are gonna have to save money. Even though Labour have said they are not gonna cut benifits I will bet you money that they still do somewhere along the line

i think prescriptions should be free.
if you need medicine you need it

i couldnt afford all me and my daughters medications if it came to that

I agree, I have hayfever and since I was 16 have had to pay a fortune throughout the hayfever season, obviously it's free atm but not sure how I'll afford it when it's not now.

I get 30 antihistamine tablets over the counter for £3. This last a month. £3 a month is nothing. I bet some people on benefits spend more than that on a packet of fags putting more pressure on the NHS with their smoking!

xx

:wacko: so only people on benefits who smoke put pressure on the NHS? My FiL who drinks and has health problems because of it isn't putting the pressure on the NHS?

Ok, lets not turn this into a "debate" about what people who are/aren't on benefits spend money on/ deserve to spend money on - lets stick to discussing policies etc otherwise I fear it will get out of hand :flower:

And as for Nick Clegg, he said that the party with the most votes "deserve" to have first stab at forming a government - I am sure he is well aware that in actual fact itis Gordon Brown who gets the first shot - just that this isn't fair!

He also did not say he was gonna form a coalition with the tories, just that he would give them a chance to see if they could persuade him that they would run the country in teh best interest of the country as a whole. If David Cameron could persuade him of this then he has 2 options - 1. form a coalition or 2. just support him as forming a minority government.

If David Cameron cannot persuade him that his policies will be in the best interest of the country then again he can choose to not support the conservatives in any way. In which case he can go and have a chat with botox Brown.

In now way is he saying he will go with whoever has the most votes regardless of what their policies are.

I actually respect Clegg for saying that he will first of all listen to the party that got the MAJORITY OF THE COUNTRIES VOTES. He is therefore listening to the majority of voters out there and therefore listening to what the country want.

All just my opinion of course!

Totally agree with you hun

where were labour planning on pulling money from?
like where were the cuts gonna be?

No matter who forms a government this time they are going to be VERY unpopular in 5 years time as they are going to HAVE to save so much money. Whether that be Tory, Labout or Lib Dem (or a combination of them) they could still do a great job in reducing our natinal debt and running the country in a difficult economical climate and people will still moan becasue they will lose out somewhere.

In one way it would have been better if Labour had won - then over the next 5 years they would HAVE to make cuts (even if they don't cut benefits in the next year - they will eventually) then come the next election they would definitely be OUT!

To save this country we are all going to have to tighten our belts!

Labour were going to raise Nation Insurance again, I'm not sure where else they were making cuts as they weren't very clear

where were labour planning on pulling money from?
like where were the cuts gonna be?

I cant tell you excatly but they are gonna have to get money from somewhere. Rasing NI perhaps

Part of the problem with the labour and tory manifesto's is that they weren't clear about exactly where they will be cuts - just that they will have to!

At least the Lib Dem manifesto was detailed about where the money will be saved - i like that, polotics should be more transparent. I would rather someone told me that I was gonna lose £5 a week (this is an example and a completely random amount that I have made up) so that I knew and could budget than to sneak it in somewhere through raising taxes etc

sorry I am ranting a bit now :flower:

That's one of the main things I like about Lib Dem's. They were the only party whose manifesto showed clear cuts, how much and where from

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->