What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

I think the child trust funds were a lovely gesture whilst the country could afford it but sadly we can't anymore so i feel it should be scrapped. I think the health in pregnancy grant should go too.

yup we managed before we can manage again, cutbacks NEED to be made, it makes sense to make it in areas like these where they are literally as you say, a nice gesture, they aren't essential :shrug:

i got this grant when i was pregnant. im a single mum and REALLY struggled to get everything i needed for my lo. some people cant afford to lose out on things like that. i wouldnt have managed :nope:

But if it never existed, you would have found a way :hugs:

xxx

I think the child trust funds were a lovely gesture whilst the country could afford it but sadly we can't anymore so i feel it should be scrapped. I think the health in pregnancy grant should go too.

I guess. But I don't agree with tax credits etc being stopped and rises in tax and rent... some people just won't be able to afford to live without the help of tax credits and certain benefits.

Hmm, I'm on the fence in regards to the price of council housing. I find it laughable that some peoples rent is like £5 a week :\

£5 a week! God. Me and OH don't even earn a high wage between us and do struggle a little and we get help with no payments so how on earth do people get rent paid for them or at £5 a week!

I guess. But I don't agree with tax credits etc being stopped and rises in tax and rent... some people just won't be able to afford to live without the help of tax credits and certain benefits.

Hmm, I'm on the fence in regards to the price of council housing. I find it laughable that some peoples rent is like £5 a week :\

whos putting rent up?

Tories spoke of making council rent the same as private rent.

yup we managed before we can manage again, cutbacks NEED to be made, it makes sense to make it in areas like these where they are literally as you say, a nice gesture, they aren't essential :shrug:

i got this grant when i was pregnant. im a single mum and REALLY struggled to get everything i needed for my lo. some people cant afford to lose out on things like that. i wouldnt have managed :nope:

I understand that hunny, all i am trying to say is we managed for years and years without these grants, they are still relatively new, so we would be able to cope without them again (as a whole)

How long has the health in pregnancy grant been around? I did appreciate my £190 but we'd of managed without, you just HAVE to if it's not offered.

Nooo he can't do it at 2.30, I'll be at the solicitors then :(

cancel your appointment :rofl:

kidding..you probably wont miss much. he wont have spoke to lib dems before then apparently

IDK, I just think that you decided to get pregnant and/or have the baby so you should pay for them :shrug: Start as you mean to go on and all that.

I can't sit here and wait till 2:30, I'm getting NOTHING done.

The health in pregnancy grant is supposed to be to pay for healthy eating during the last trimester of pregnancy! I am not slating anyone for using it towards stuff for the baby (i know I did) but that is NOT what it is given pregnany women for. Therefore if people aren't using it for what it is intended for then it should be scrapped and the money used elsewhere.

HIP has been around less than 18 months cos i didnt get it when pregnant

and pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease stop banding arond the tax credit argument (unless of course you earn over £50,000 and will therefore be affected, in which case argue away :winkwink:)

seeeeeee even the man on bbc news just said 'lib dems getting into bed with the tories'

they must have been reading my post earlier about clegg humping cameron lol

and pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease stop banding arond the tax credit argument (unless of course you earn over £50,000 and will therefore be affected, in which case argue away :winkwink:)

See, we earn over 50k (gross), but less than that net, so it doesnt seem fair does it?

IDK, I just think that you decided to get pregnant and/or have the baby so you should pay for them :shrug: Start as you mean to go on and all that.

i didnt DECIDE to have a baby. i ended up pregnant and dont believe in abortion
due to personal reasons i had lost over a grand and was skint
i lost my job due to my ex being fired
some of us need it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe