What is your final voting decision? *New Poll*

I want Clegg to change his mind and go to Labour instead. Although his decision to give Tories a chance was the right one, I'm now crapping myself that David Cameron will actually be our PM

It is going to be hard though, I mean you need snp and plaid cymru, and some toher minor party to have a majority.

I think it would be really silly of the Lib Dems to form with the Tories, loads of people will of voted for Lib Dems because they didn't want to vote Tory, Lib Dems will lose so many supporters if they do it.
I'm a Labour supporter and i do like GB and think he hasn't done a bad job, but I do think if he'd of stepped down and given PM to Milaband (or done a vote for the next Labour leader) then more people would of voted Labour. I think the media have a lot to do with the way this has gone, which is such a shame.
x

You could say loads of people voted Lib Dem because the didnt want to vote labour!

Its all swings and round abouts.

Im hoping for a Tory Lib Dem Coalition!

x

I think it was more for against the torys rather then labour.

I also hope they don't rush things now. There is a reason why coalition talks can hold up to 40 days on the main land xD

Apparently they've only got till Monday to come up with something

Does it technically mean then that at the minute we have no government? :lol:

They have until the 25th i thought?

It'll be a silly move by Clegg if he does decide to go with camerons offer. Their policys are way too different for them to form a strong government.. it'll be lots of arguements. Atleast libdem and labour are more similar. The more I think about it, the more i find the whole situation quite unfair. I hate the tories so I'm glad but if it was labour who was a few seats short I wouldnt feel the same as I do now. Lib dems have hardly any seats, why should nick clegg get the call the shots?

+ yes, GB is still our PM and we're still under a labour government until a decision is made.

p.s. in regards to the snp thing, i think he said he isnt going to go into a coalition with another party but will support and backup another.. whatever that means :shrug:

I agree with Blah, i dont think a coallition is the right way to go about this, but since we have too, i think that it only makes logical sense for the two parties with the most similar policies to join together :shrug:

I think it would be unfair if lib dems form a coalition with Labour since tories got the most votes!

But if we go down that route then they may aswell just let the Tories have it, since they do infact have the majority of seats, just not the majority thats required as a "win"

The only problem with having a minority government is there is always the possibility that anything that party wants to pass will be rejected by the majority of all the other parties combined. If that were the case we would end up going back to a general election anyway

but why should labour be in when more people voted tory.

there should either be another election or a minority government

Well exactly, everyone is slagging Nick Clegg off for going with the Tories. But his decision was fair

I'd agree with you if I didn't dislike the tories so much Boony. I seriously don't want to live under a tory government at all :shrug:

Well exactly, everyone is slagging Nick Clegg off for going with the Tories. But his decision was fair

I know what you mean but the problem people have is that he's going against what his partys policys are if he joins with the conservative party. He should go with whoevers policys he likes the best, not just who got the most votes or it's going to be messy.

I know what you mean but the problem people have is that he's going against what his partys policys are if he joins with the conservative party. He should go with whoevers policys he likes the best, not just who got the most votes or it's going to be messy.

I agree, Clegg may be trying to do the right thing, but by doing that he is being genuinley unfair to is his voters, they voted for him because they believe in what he stands for, not for what DC does :shrug:

Its just too messy for my liking, and if a coallition is formed, this is exactley what we can expect in the future!!

Shall we do another poll to see what people think should be done now? I think it will be interesting to see the results ....

I can merge the poll with this thread so we can keep the discussion in here?

Although I agree it's only fair he went with Tories, he is more likened to Labour... it's all one big bloody mess tbh!

Shall we do another poll to see what people think should be done now? I think it will be interesting to see the results ....

I can merge the poll with this thread so we can keep the discussion in here?

Yeah I was gonna ask if we should do that. Options would be Lib/Lab, Con/lib, Tory minority or re-election?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->