What not to say:

My least favorite thing that people seem to be saying constantly to me is 'well at least you know you can get pregnant' Why don't they understand that means nothing because I DONT know that I can go on to have a healthy pregnancy.

I know they are only trying to help but its really frustrating.

My least favorite thing that people seem to be saying constantly to me is 'well at least you know you can get pregnant' Why don't they understand that means nothing because I DONT know that I can go on to have a healthy pregnancy.

I know they are only trying to help but its really frustrating.

This is my biggest thing too! like it helps!

- It was for the best
- Maybe God knows you are not ready to have children
- You're young. You'll get pregnant again
- At least you weren't very far along
- It wasn't meant to be
QUOTE]

All of the previous I have heard..... and they were mainly from my boyfriend. Then I had one of my sisters trying to talk me out of naming my angels, and not having a tattoo done for them. I obiviously didn't listen to her as I am designing my tattoo for Angel Sue and Dante Alexander.

But Everytime I hear those comments it hurts more.

The doctor who i saw after i had a scan to see if i was still pregnant said "at least we know you can get pregnant" that didn't help at all, it's all well and good saying that but i had lost a baby so it seemed pointless me being able to get pregnant, and i got the most patronizing booklet called "we're sorry you've had a miscarriage" yeah- helpful!

The only comment that has made me snap was from a friend on facebook

"there are people worse off than you"

FFS!

The only comment that has made me snap was from a friend on facebook

"there are people worse off than you"

FFS!

OMG i'd have snapped! I mean we all know that there are people worse off than us and I feel its ok for US to think that in order to try and make OURSELVES feel better but thats our perogative. My SIL who has never been through it nor had any problems thinks that it is appropriate to keep saying "well just think if it had survived and had something horribly wrong with it!" FFS

And "take my 2 for the day and you wont feel as bad" - yes I know children can play up - I'm under no illusions!

GOD SOME PEOPLE! FUME!

she's the wife of a former work mate of DH and we have been chatting on FB etc but never met. Told DH what she had said when he got in and he told her why i deleted her and she reckoned it was meant in a positive way. Whatever, don't need it right now!

DH keeps playing the "people are worse off than us" line - yeah, just make me feel guilty for grieving. Cheers!

my hubby told me to be grateful for what we have!! Y? do they get it its not that what i lost was still tiny and i was only 7 week but its what it was going to be!!! another little person it could of been my little girl i long for so bad (i have 2 boys) i had so many plans in just the short time i had being pregnant prams, nursery, names,wondering what hair colour it was going to have!!!!!!!!! it really peeves my off, and my friend keeps saying its her fault and she feels guilty for not making me go to hospital when i first started haveing pains i had an ectopic she dont understand that what ever she had made me do i still would of lost the baby,!!!! ahhhh pisses me off!!!!

I've lost 3 pregnancies, with 4 little angels.

On the last mc it was twins, I lost the first one at 6 weeks and the second at 8 weeks and needed a D&C, there were 4 other women waiting for D&C's, The woman across from me also waiting for her D&C was asking questions and told me it was her first miscarriage and she had 5 children i told her I had 1 child and I had 2 previous miscarriages and this was my third and I had lost twins. She said to me 'ah well, you are younger than me, at least you can adopt'

I think my jaw hit the floor, I pull my curtain around me and cried so hard.

On my first miscarriage, after the D&C I went home to relatives in Dublin, I had a massive bleed and was rushed to hospital, I was really sick, had more surgery and woke up 3 days later, there was a doctor there and I asked where was I and what had happened, she just said 'That's what you get for going to England for an abortion'

To this day, almost 10 years later, it fells like a blunt dagger going through my chest and twisting it! I had miscarried at 16 weeks and it was the worst pain I've ever experienced emotionally, far worse than my other miscarriages or anything else in my life.:cry:

I've lost 3 pregnancies, with 4 little angels.

On the last mc it was twins, I lost the first one at 6 weeks and the second at 8 weeks and needed a D&C, there were 4 other women waiting for D&C's, The woman across from me also waiting for her D&C was asking questions and told me it was her first miscarriage and she had 5 children i told her I had 1 child and I had 2 previous miscarriages and this was my third and I had lost twins. She said to me 'ah well, you are younger than me, at least you can adopt'

I think my jaw hit the floor, I pull my curtain around me and cried so hard.

On my first miscarriage, after the D&C I went home to relatives in Dublin, I had a massive bleed and was rushed to hospital, I was really sick, had more surgery and woke up 3 days later, there was a doctor there and I asked where was I and what had happened, she just said 'That's what you get for going to England for an abortion'

To this day, almost 10 years later, it fells like a blunt dagger going through my chest and twisting it! I had miscarried at 16 weeks and it was the worst pain I've ever experienced emotionally, far worse than my other miscarriages or anything else in my life.:cry:

OMG that is awful! Hugs xxx

That doctor is a consultant now, I think if I saw her I'd just fall into a hemp and cry!

After my misscarriage I was told,
'Maybe it's for the best...'
I was livid, they explained that 'Istill had my whole life ahead of me...'

..... Maybe they didn't understand that I saw myself living that life with my child.....

I think i have heard most of these too... i could cope with most. The one that i heard recently which i found the most hurtful jasmak has listed but it was the 'It wasnt even a baby yet, just a bunch of cells'

I just dont get how someone can say something like that, yes its true but you still have a bond, and you still think of what is to come!

People are so insensitive they just dont understand. I am so thankful that places like this exist.

I think it's just people trying to downplay the loss... If it's just a bunch of cells and no more, why do people congratulate you on having them inside?

I think next time I'm pregnant when I tell people early I'll tell them to not congratulate me but just wish me luck.

The main 'theme' of their 'advice' was "At least you know your body can get pregnant" and "you should see this as a good thing."

That's what my doctor said on Monday when I went in and told her I'd had my second MC in 4 months, 'At least you know your endo isn't affecting your fertility, because you can get pregnant' Oh yeah, woo I can get pregnant, but my stupid body can't keep hold of my babies :cry: But it's ok, I can still get pregnant, 3, 5, 10 times, but how many babies will I have by the end of it? None I'll bet.

I still cant get over the fact that she said that to me. Ok so I'll start from the beginning. I must warn you al that this is going to be a long rant but I really need to let it out. Here we go, I had a D&C last month after finding out the pregnancy was not a viable one at the 12 wk scan. Not many people knew I was pregnant but I had mentioned it to my beautician as we had been TTCing together. Anyway so I went to see her yesterday for a wax. She announced she was 7wks pregnant. I was genuinely happy for her as I know she had been trying for nearly a year. She then proceeded to say if I needed any advise or help on conceiving I should ask/speak to her, then she went on to say I should loose weight because thats the reason why I couldn't sustain the pregnancy. Mind you am 5'6 and a fit size 14 that works out 3 times a week not because am trying to loose weight but because I want to be fit and not pass out when I run for my train etc and also still be able to enjoy all the beautiful food out there. The thing that got me the most is she didn't see anything wrong with what she had just said. It didn't take us nearly a year to concieve, we had our bfp on the second cycle of TTC. What makes her an expert just because she is now pregnant? And why is she being so insensitive by trying to blame me for loosing my darling angel, like it was my fault. I kept saying to her that my weight has nothing to do with it and if it had the doctors would have said so. I told her I am comfortable with the way I am and am healthy and don't feel there is any need for me to loose weight. I have a BMI of 26 for crying out loud, yes its a little over the ideal but still am not morbidly obese. But she stuck to her guns and just kept saying "no hun I really think you aught to loose weight". Well I politely excused myself and thanked her and congratulated her again on the wonderful news, even gave her hug and left. Am still very puzzzeled as to why:shrug: and it really hurt my feeling. I was going to tell DH about it but he would just get upset and tell me not to go back there, so am off loading on you ladies. Thank you for listening and thank you for letting me get it off my chest. I know there is nothing wrong with me, and no matter what she thinks, its not my fault:nope:

Of course it wasnt your bloody fault!:hugs: I wish people would try and learn to empathise, the world would be a much nicer place! I always try and think about what Im saying, I dont know how many times Ive typed things on here just to backspace because I thought it could be taken the wrong way and hurt someone! If only peoples mouths had that ability!:growlmad: I don know if Ive added my "What not to say" so excuse me if Im doubling posting. One of our mates g/f, who knew I had only mced two weeks before, said to me I dont know why you want to go through all the nappy changes and midnight feeds again, if I was you I wouldnt have any more kids! Well blah to you sweetheart! Mind you she didnt say that to our other friend who was there and has a baby growing nicley in her belly, nothing but congrats to her and she already has two children as well. I understand the subject is a difficult one to broach, but honestly if you dont have anything nice to say, better off saying nothing! Big hugs to all you lovley ladies!:hugs:

The and i got the most patronizing booklet called "we're sorry you've had a miscarriage" yeah- helpful!

I got that one aswell :dohh: i also got one about stillbirth, because i was in the 2nd tri.Gotta say the mc one was the biggest pile of crap, the other one was very helpful but didnt really apply to me. The worst one ive gotten is - "at least you wont be a single mum" :growlmad: The one that annoys me the most is the "well now you can go travelling!" wow that really makes up for losing my baby you jackass

Yes cause you would want a nice holiday more than having your baby!:growlmad: God people make me mad when they say crap like that!:growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->