What snacks are u packing in hospital bag?

Mazzymoo

Pregnant with first
Reaction score
Going to buy some snacks for hospital bag- but just wondering what to get. Thinking of some lucozade and water and maybe a few cereal bars. Anything else that might be good to pack?

the lucozade (but maybe the non-fizzy) worked really well for me last time :)

Why non fizzy out of curiosity? I like the fizzy stuff
Lol

The energy tablets in case you are classed as high risk and nil by mouth :/ xx

I have some powerade as there was a thing on the wall in our hospital about how it's better to have isotonic drinks than water.

It suggested non fizzy and so I got that. Plus fizzy makes me really bloated these days so I try not to have too much.

Not sure what to do food wise. Maybe some cereal bars and mini cheddars or something. There's a good selection in the Boots and WH Smith in our hospital so I can always send DH down if its a food emergency.

I'll be packing jaffa cakes for dh... and ribena for me. wanted to pack irn bru as its my fave, but im terrified of getting extra gas pains post-section.

Oh and don't forget red bull for your OH/other birth partners! Both my mum and partner were falling asleep during my labour as was through night and day and I was furious! Lol!! Xx

Runny eggs!!!!

Lol, but seriously, probably some sort of cereal bars, or cookies? I'll just raid the pound shop closer to the time, lol.

i got some granola bars and all-natural fruit strips, and we always have gatorade in the house, so we'll bring some of that!

Graze boxes! I took them last time and they're great. This time I have dried berries, nuts and seeds, some flapjacks and some little oak cake things. I took a lot of ribena last time. I was super thirsty during labour and drank 4 bottles which I promptly threw back up so ill be sticking to weak squash and water this time!x

I've got isotonic drinks, some cereal bars, sports mixture and rice cakes.

Mostly bought from the pound shop or home bargains are isotonic drinks from the supermarket are a rip off!

Ooh graze boxes is a great idea! I've got 3 half price boxes to redeem... Awesome!

I'm planning on stocking up on granola bars and some powerade, and then probably going to have my OH stop by and grab me a huge burger after the birth LOL.

I've got some nuts, lucozade, and some energy sweets/gel which you can get in outdoor shops/supermarkets.

I was hoping to bring some frozen icees.

I was hoping to bring some frozen icees.

This is such a good idea. I was thinking of freezing some of those drink cups and taking a couple with me, they last hours frozen.

https://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-prn1/41816_344978636943_7837_n.jpg

I'm a huge ice pop fan, lol.

UGH, I got so sick of all the snacks I had the first time around. You can only eat so many granola bars! I don't drink pop/soda, but after my cs, my nurse in recovery gave me some ice chips with a sprinkling of ginger ale - best thing I've ever tasted in my entire life! I've had it a million times before, but it has never been so satisfying.

idk, but this time around, I want a big sandwich full of cold cuts - specifically mortadella!

I really didn't feel like eating last time, but I did drink ribena early on and then they gave me water when I was being sick. There are shops or vending machines anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->