What's the weirdest question someone asked you about your pregnancy?

Not a question exactly but a few people have said "well done". I think more due to running out of things to say but a bit odd nonetheless!

Someone saw that I was reading a book on breastfeeding and commented 'sleepless nights for you then huh?'. I snapped back that my nights would be sleepless regardless of how I feed the baby - unless I can order that special kind of newborn which sleeps through the night from birth, oh no wait, that's a doll!

Someone saw that I was reading a book on breastfeeding and commented 'sleepless nights for you then huh?'. I snapped back that my nights would be sleepless regardless of how I feed the baby - unless I can order that special kind of newborn which sleeps through the night from birth, oh no wait, that's a doll!

Your nights will be MUCH less sleepless with breastfeeding, particularly if you bedshare! It's much less interrupting to your sleep to respond to Baby before they fully wake, roll over and get them nursing, and doze yourself. As opposed to having to fully wake up, make a bottle, etc etc. :thumbup:

Your nights will be MUCH less sleepless with breastfeeding, particularly if you bedshare! It's much less interrupting to your sleep to respond to Baby before they fully wake, roll over and get them nursing, and doze yourself. As opposed to having to fully wake up, make a bottle, etc etc. :thumbup:

THANK YOU!!

We're planning on having a co-sleeper cot, yes :D. I can't imagine anything worse than have to get up however many times during the night to come down to the kitchen to faff with making up bottles etc!

the strangest question I get asked is "WAS IT PLANNED" with a shocked look on their faces!! yes ALL 5 of our children were planned thank you very much people tend to think because its no5 it must have been an accident:wacko:

the strangest question I get asked is "WAS IT PLANNED" with a shocked look on their faces!! yes ALL 5 of our children were planned thank you very much people tend to think because its no5 it must have been an accident:wacko:

My dad asked me this today :cry:
Xx

I don't remember if I already posted this or not..but my favorite is
"Oh a boy! Are you gettin him circumcised?"
Why do strangers care so much about my sons penis?

With my DD1, I was asked by an adorable 5 year old if I could go and jump on the trampoline with him (at 8 months). I told him no because my baby might fall out. His response...

"You have a baby in there! How did it get in there?! Does she have a blanket to keep her warm...(no) are you sure?"

This time my daughter asked if the baby would come out of my butt. Could she have some milk too when I'm feeding the baby... (no, your 7). Can she take her to school. Can she cut the cord.

From adults- "Wow, you finally got around to #2" "Was it planned" "Do you want this baby?" "I bet you really wanted a boy." "Are you going to quit your job." "Wow, there is only 1 baby in there! Are you sure because you are really big" "Are you exercising because you don't want to gain too much weight." And my favorite:

"Is your husband ok with this"- Uh no... I secretly took out my IUD and I stole his sperm when he was not looking. But good news... I think I'm going win the local science fair. (My Dh actually took out my IUD, October of 2012, and we decided to give it a year... one year later... WHA BAM!:haha:)

I have a good one now, my 60 year old male colleague asked if my hubby was covering me in cream. I just looked at him and he said, 'you know, so you don't get stretch marks' he isn't creepy in the slightest and I think was genuinely just making conversation but okay......

I have a good one now, my 60 year old male colleague asked if my hubby was covering me in cream. I just looked at him and he said, 'you know, so you don't get stretch marks' he isn't creepy in the slightest and I think was genuinely just making conversation but okay......

Oh dear!
Shame on him for thinking your dh would be that bothered about preventing stretch marks.
Xx

When I was 18 I was pregnant (see my ticker for Jack) and I was telling my (online) friend that I thought I was pregnant (we were trying) and he asked if I was going to have an abortion!? I told him no, I tried for the baby, I want the baby. He repeatedly told me that an abortion would be the best way to go, that I should really think about it because it will ruin my life, I couldn't go to university etc. No matter what I told him, I WANT THIS BABY, I DON'T WANT TO ABORT IT, WHY WOULD I ABORT A BABY I WANTED, HOW WOULD IT BE ETHICAL TO ABORT A BABY I TRIED FOR, he didn't let it drop and INSISTED I had an abortion. I was terrified of miscarriage too (turns out I did miscarry anyway just weeks later).

Needless to say, not friends with him anymore.

Weirdest question that was asked of me was with my first. We were on Team Yellow and my water broke in the middle of the night, 9h before I was getting on a train to move cities. My OH had already moved and was 5h away, so I took a cab to the hospital myself. When I mentioned to the cabbie that I was in labour and didn't know if it was a boy or girl, he said "That's easy. Was your husband very dominating while you were having sexual relations?" :wacko:

Apparently in his culture if the husband is dominating during sex, then it will be a boy LOL. :haha:

Yikes. I'm having a boy and that's making me think back 9 months to try and remember....! :haha:

Hmmm.... Mine would be a girl then... Because neither of us wanted it and I insisted because I was ovulating! :rofl: That's some weird logic, though!

Not a question but my MIL just compared a tree limb to me being pregnant :wacko: It was very awkward... :baby:

In my last pregnancy, I believe a week or two before my son was born, I was in line at a convenient store I used to frequent, a random woman that I've never seen before began chatting with me about the pregnancy, then asked if I was dilated and if I'd begun losing mucus plug ! Oh my TMI! I was like, "I'm sorry, I really don't want to talk about this." Which awkwardly ended the conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->