What's the weirdest question someone asked you about your pregnancy?

Medical professionals have a duty of care for you so if it was an unhappy surprise they can offer you additional support. Don't be offended when you go for your booking appointment and they ask if you are at risk if domestic violence , it's their job to protect you and the baby. Sadly they ask everyone so they can get through to the people who really need help.

:) not offended at the questions :winkwink:just thought it was funny that after saying i had a school age child the doctor thought i could get from school in one town to the hospital 30 miles away in just under 5 mins:blush:
besides grandma said yes before i could finish asking :thumbup:

Sorry me wanna bubba I was responding to modified are her dr had asked it if was planned, I forgot to copy in the quotes.

Can you lend me your magic car though, going 30 miles in 5 min would be very handy lol

making one as i type... out of old boxes sticky tape and rollerblades :winkwink:

Not a question but last time I was pregnant I bought the really sweet blanket with cow print on one side.
My delightfull oh said you can wrap it round you when you ate breastfeeding you will look like a cow!!!!!!?!
It was obviously meant to be a joke lucky for him my hormones werr under controll at the time or the blanket may have been rolled up tight and inserted.

They call the cover thing I bought for BFing an "udder cover"... does feel that way sometimes, doesn't it?

Someone asked me if it was weird having sex when you're ttc - weirdo xx

One of my colleagues walked up to me today and said "What's it like being fat?"

wtf I've only gained 4 lbs!

Yup, I got the question, or rather a statement...."I'm assuming this was a wanted baby?" :shock: Yes, yes it is, thank you very much. And every time I go in they ask me if I have been beaten, threatened, raped, etc. by my partner. The first time I was shocked at the questions, the second time I smiled and shook my head no. It was pretty obvious how happy I was just about being there that even the nurse smiled and breezed through those list of questions in like one breath. haha

Yup, I got the question, or rather a statement...."I'm assuming this was a wanted baby?" :shock: Yes, yes it is, thank you very much. And every time I go in they ask me if I have been beaten, threatened, raped, etc. by my partner. The first time I was shocked at the questions, the second time I smiled and shook my head no. It was pretty obvious how happy I was just about being there that even the nurse smiled and breezed through those list of questions in like one breath. haha

Both times when I made my first prenatal appointment, calling in all breathless and excited, the receptionist at the office said something about "and we'll talk about whether you'll be keeping the baby, etc."
Bit off-putting really, I don't know why she had to mention it? It's on the form I had to fill out both times as well, and after checking the religion box with "Catholic" nothing was mentioned of that anymore, but... yeah.
I understand that it needs to be on the form but I don't think the receptionist needed to say anything really.

It makes me laugh when people ask how your bump is..
I was on the phone to my dad last night and he asked how i was.. then said hows bump 'erm well the bump is defo still there, but i cant see how baby is right now' i know they mean well but i really obviously dont know how baby is, and as for the bump, its not going anywhere yet LOL

Wow! I didn't get ANY of those questions at our appointment. But then again... A: I guess it was pretty obvious that we're keeping it. But even if we weren't, I don't know that they would have asked. This is super conservative religious ville and I don't know that they would have pointed us to where to go to terminate if we had wanted to. And B: Hubby went with me, so I guess they couldn't really ask that stuff with him sitting there. Lol.

They make my DH sit outside every time until they weight me, take blood pressure and ask me if he beats me. lol Then they invite him in. The first time he got so freaked out he was standing at the window in the door peering in wondering wtf was going on. :shock: lol He was so worried something was wrong. Poor guy. Now he knows the routine.

This time around I wasn't asked if I wanted to keep the baby but I've been in and out of my doctor's office so many times the past few years due to miscarriages that I think they know I WANT my baby. And by the time I got referred to the OB I think the OB office knows a referral means you want to keep the baby. You wouldn't go to them if you wanted an abortion. There was a checklist on the paperwork about spousal abuse but I didn't get asked about that outright.

I don't think there was even a part on my paperwork that talked about it. Lol. I guess they're just not concerned around here? Weird.

When I was pregnant with DD I went to a urgent care to get it confirmed, well I think I had a cold at the time so wanted to know what I could take etc..
Anyways the doctor was like "I'm sorry to tell you, but you're pregnant"
me: YAAYY!!
doctor: "Oh its wanted?" she sounded disappointed too!

:dohh:

Anytime I get a papsmear or cervix check they ask me if I've been abused... ermm no I just have a highly sensitive cervix and it HURTS what YOU are doing to me :haha: :haha:

I don't think there was even a part on my paperwork that talked about it. Lol. I guess they're just not concerned around here? Weird.

It probably does depend on the area you live in, where I live there are lots of newly-landed immigrants and low-income housing.

They never asked about domestic abuse at my appointments but when I went in for an emergency c section the nurse took me in the bathroom and asked me..

"So why don't you go into labour now?"
"Because I can't, he will put me in labour when he's ready"
"Gosh your so annoying, you're pregnant not him. I want to meet him NOW. Go into labour."
"It's not something I can do, it just happens when the baby is ready."
"Who cares? You're just pregnant for attention and I know it because you won't go into labour!"
"How am I supposed to do that?"
"You're pregnant with him, you're the mom. Tell him to come..that's all."
"Are you stupid?"

This is from a 17 year old who has already had a child. She seriously won't talk to me now because I won't put myself into labour. I am happy about it though, that was the most annoying conversation this whole pregnancy..

I thought that was a joke MelliPaige. :dohh:

I can't imagine anyone being that dumb. OMG! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->