What's the weirdest question someone asked you about your pregnancy?

I think every mom would. The mind is a powerful force but it's not THAT powerful. LOL Otherwise I'd use my mind powers to make it Spring and then force myself into labour. I don't want to wait for time to progress. The earth rotates around the sun far too slowly for my tastes, at the moment.

Wow....still stunned by that. I would think most teens --even those without children--would know you can't FORCE labour (without medical intervention).

I wish it was a joke...she's my cousin that lives with my mom and I just tried to call my mom and cousin answered and said "we don't want to talk to you unless you're in labour" and hung up on me.
I know my mom would never say that...it's just ridiculous. She also doesn't understand why I won't leave my breastfeeding newborn with her for a weekend. "It's not like ill hurt him" um no..I don't plan on spending anytime away from my son until he's older, even if I thought she were competent enough to let her have him on her own.
:shrug: idk if I'm just overly sensitive right now or that she can't control the volume of her voice but this has annoyed me more than anything else my whole pregnancy.

Wow how immature of her!! :wacko: seriously... thats just crazy!!

Umm, wow. :shock:

I'd say she's still a kid, but at 17 I would think most kids were a bit more mature than that. Hmmm.

I know my mom would never say that...it's just ridiculous. She also doesn't understand why I won't leave my breastfeeding newborn with her for a weekend. "It's not like ill hurt him" um no...

I'm not going to let my baby/kids be babysat by anyone who doesn't know the Heimlich maneuver. Child/infant CPR would be great too (most babysitters get this in swim lessons or the babysitting course). But my 70 year old mother would totally panic, I've seen it before- she ran down the block after a van after she came home to see a robber jump in his van and screech out of the block. Instead of picking up the phone and calling 911 she thought she could out run the van! I told my mom she needs to learn how to properly help a choking child as it can happen quite easily. Does your mom have these skills? Maybe this would make think again about wanting a newborn infant over for a sleepover. A baby/child only has a few minutes with no airway before brain damage sets in.

The most stupid question I ever had when pregnant was actually from my DH.

We were laying in bed one night, I think I was about 26 weeks gone and LO was moving around a lot this particular night but even more so when DH spoke. This went on for about 20 minutes when DH says "do you think she'll hear me even louder if instead of talking to your tummy I talk up your fanny"........ :dohh:

:rofl:That would be a dangerous situation in my house with the amount of gas I've been having.

It was disrespectful and weird, I was so shocked. My husband died when I was 5 months pregnant with our daughter and when she was born I had to get survival benefits for her. I called to tell them she was born and the guy I was talking to ask "how can she be my husband child if he died in Aug 06?" My daughter was born in Dec 06...when he said that I just flipped. I dont understand when you say something like that, you dont think about what you are saying before you say it.

Lol! That's such a random question! WHY???

Sorry to hear about your loss. That must have been very hard to handle.

So just now, an older male co-worker came to my office to ask how I'm doing. He then said, "so, just waiting to get fat?". Err, what? I didn't know what to say so I just stared at him. He then said, "well, you know, not fat-fat, just get bigger". :dohh:

Not a question per se, but despite having been around when my daughter was born a week before her due date, my SIL is insisting on calling Zion's due date "the day he will arrive". :dohh:
No babe. That's not how it works. Babies come when they come. :haha:

With my first, I got asked if I was having a girl by a coworker who I was not close to at all. She then proceeded to tell me that it was probably a girl because girls take away your beauty....What??!!! I was too stunned to say anything. I did end up having a girl, but geez. I didn't think I looked ugly!

My step MIL refused to acknowledge my first pregnancy to me but cried to my SIL that I had taken her little boy away. What does she think a married couple doesn't have sex! Then when it was pointed out to her how ridiculous she was being she came up and said 'I'm really proud that your pregnant' . Proud? What a strange choice of words. Never really seen eye to eye since, wondering what the response will be next week when we announce this pregnancy. X

It's happened both pregnancies now:
I have a shirt with little foot and hand prints on the belly. Both times I've been asked whether they were my baby's (the one in my belly) hand and footprints. :dohh:
This pregnancy I've also been asked whether I'll let DS catch the baby or cut the cord. He'll be two when this one is born.
Some people are just crazy.

:haha: OMG yes, I'm going to let my toddler cut the cord...
:dohh:
My husband cut our daughter's cord and he said afterwards it was MUCH tougher than he expected!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->