when did you tell work?

tina426

Reaction score
I'm very lucky, i know my employer's policies and i will be entitled to leave, and i know my boss will be kind and supportive, my work is valued and i consistently perform well and at 14 weeks my pregnancy hasn't impacted by performance at all. But. I found out I was pregnant 2 days after i accepted a promotion (within company so again the leave isn't a problem).

I'm just so anxious. And I'm starting to show s little, and living in fluffy cardigans. In mid June. In the south.

When did everyone tell?

I got hired on pregnat, told her I was pregnat, and that I only wanted PT hours. I got the job, but I needed basically no training, had my food handlers permit already ect. Because I wont be there long enougb to get maternity leave, I will technically have to be terminated...but I will get my job back. I haven't noticed most places (maybe around here) are quite accommodating to expecting mothers.

I've been at my co. For 15 years and even though my boss was likely to be supportive it just wasn't anyone's business until I was ready to tell. I told him ~2 weeks ago at 21 weeks and he was super supportive. I have another few weeks to hand in my papers for my 1 year maternity leave. They require them at least 3 months before your due date. I have 2 months of banked vacation plus an upcoming 8 weeks unused holiday time from 2015 & 2016 combined so I'll be sharing 2 months of my paternity leave with DH. He's going to have to tell his boss pretty soon too!

I told my team leader really early - almost as soon as I knew which helped when I had a couple of emergency scans rely early but I told the boss and others after my 12 week scan and after I told family, then I told HR after my 20week. It's better to tell before rumours start imo

With DS I didn't tell my boss (I told HR) until after my 20 week scan this time around I told my boss at 13 weeks as I have been suffering with HG and it is quite hard to hide being sick a lot! But he has been great both times :thumbup:

It really is your choice when to tell them

I told my bosses at 12 weeks. My situation was similar in that I get along well with them, know my work is valued, and knew they'd be supportive. But I was still quite anxious for no particular reason.

My reasons for telling early were that, like spicyorange, I didn't want rumors to start as I've beens showing for a few weeks now. And we plan lots of projects far into the future, often involving travel to conferences and what not. So didn't want to make plans for things I could not be a part of.

I work from home and therefore am holding on a bit. I do plan to tell them probably in a month or so.x

I work in care so I told the very day I found out purely for safety reasons! I THINK if I worked a 'normal' job I'd tell after the 12 week scan.

I do alot of heavy lifting and bringing in delivery cages etc so I told my boss right away. Good job really coz soon after that I started suffering with morning sickness and would randomly run off even if I was in the middle of dealing with customers so they knew they needed to take over. Otherwise id of held off till I was ready for people to know x

With DD I told just a few days before 14 weeks (mostly because I couldn't hold it in any longer lol).

I'm not working with this one, but I told the director of the program at my former school the day I found out. The only reason I did because I needed to find out how to proceed in the program and if I needed doctor's clearance to continue attending. I also told my instructor the following day because I didn't know if anything we'd be working on in lab required me to take extra precautions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->