When should baby showers be held??

AmyR

Mother of 2 girls!
Reaction score
Im just curious.....I had my baby shower after my daughter was born, about 2 weeks after because she was a surprise so we wanted to know what we were having...I think thats why, I am not 100% sure! hahaha

But this baby we will know June 27th, and I am wanting to buy baby stuff so I am wondering when the normal time to have a baby shower is, my sister is throwing it but wanted to know if it should be end of September (7 months pregnant) or close to the due date...

Anyone?

I'm having mine earlier lol just in case =], Having mine the second week of july so I'll be 7 months pregnant. I prefer it to be earlier less tiring =P xoxo

Typically they will be held in the 8th/9th month. I'll be having mine early though in July so my Mom can be there for it, since she will be flying out to visit then.

I'm due November 19, and we're having ours Labor Day weekend (start of September) to coincide with the holiday weekend, and make a bad joke! Strictly it's a baby party, which we're throwing rather than a shower, thrown for us. We are also inviting all our close friends, it won't be a women only thing.

I didn't want to have it much later than 7 months because I suspect I'll be getting more private and nesty, have more stuff to do (we want plenty of time to shop after we see what we do and don't get at the shower), and probably be grumpier too!

I'm having mine about two months before my due date. I was advised by many friends with kids not to have it in your last month because "you won't be putting cribs and strollers together at 8 months pregnant", which makes sense to me. Also you never know if LO wants to make an early debut :)

Thanks!! So the end of September would be perfect then! I am due Nov 28th....

Thanks ladies! :)

I'm due Nov 20th and my mom is planning ours at the tail end of August because I will have a bunch of family that will be in town fishing that week (I live in Alaska) and its really hard for most of our family and friends to travel in the winter so we are doing it before winter hits!! I feel kinda bad doing it then because my sis in law is due in Sept and IDK when her baby shower is but I have a feeling it will be after mine!!

Mine was 2 weeks before my due date due since everyone wanted it after the holidays. turned out to be a little too late in the game as my son was born 2 week early. I was discharged from the hospital the day of my baby shower. we didn't have a car seat when he was born since everyone told us to wait on buying stuff till after the baby shower. luckily my mother in law knew who bought us one and had it delivered before we needed to take him home. everything was caos, so I recommend at least a month before your due date so you have time to get everything in order before baby arrives.

Im having mine 4 weeks before baby arrives :) its my first one and really excited for it didn't have one with the other two they seem to be getting quite popular here now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->