Where's my 11/24/11 Testers!!

Ann the cyst can be agood thing...I had one in the beginning of this pregnancy its the side you O'd from!! I will be praying for good news for you!

Labmommy thats sound positive....here is some info on corpus luteum aka cyst

The corpus luteum, which means yellow body in Latin, is what is left of the follicle after a woman ovulates. During the follicular phase of a woman’s cycle, several follicles develop under the influence of FSH (follicle stimulating hormone). Each follicle contains an egg. In a typical cycle only one egg will become mature enough for ovulation. When a woman ovulates the egg will burst from the follicle. Then what is left of the follicle will become the corpus luteum. The luteal phase, named after the corpus luteum, is the second half of a woman’s menstrual cycle. The luteal phase begins after ovulation and continues until menstruation occurs.

What does the corpus luteum do?
The corpus luteum produces progesterone. Progesterone makes the lining of the uterus thick for implantation and is necessary to sustain a healthy pregnancy. The corpus luteum produces progesterone until the placenta begins to take over progesterone production around ten weeks gestation.

How long does the corpus luteum survive?
After a woman ovulates, the corpus luteum only lasts for about 12-14 days unless it begins receiving HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) from a developing embryo. If the egg is not fertilized, the corpus luteum dies and progesterone production stops. When progesterone levels drop, the uterus lining stops thickening and is consequently shed during menstruation.

If the egg is fertilized, the corpus luteum will begin receiving HCG from the embryo. HCG tells the corpus luteum to keep producing progesterone. The corpus luteum lasts for about ten weeks after ovulation. After ten weeks the placenta takes over progesterone production through the end of pregnancy.

Thanks Sammy.. that makes me think maybe I did O.
But on another WTH moment...took a hpt which I knew was too early and neg. I thought I saw a tiny super faint line but it was not constant. Took an opk for laugjs and uh... its so dark its almost positive...like I would consider it extremely close! Maybe positive in a few hrs or I missed it a few hrs ago?

Ok ladies... this is confusing...my blood test is negative, my progesterone levels show I have o'd already. They are not sure why I have a positive opk andaccording to them my twelve mm follicle is too small for ovulation so I am not ready to o again. The blob on my lining is unknown to them. They say maybe its a thickening of the lining. I am to stop progesterone and expect my period. They think that's what is holding up my period. I think it either 1. Is too soon after implantation for the test to be positive or 2. I will o again and will do another opk today. Already bd this morning. We shall see . Ideas?

I think that is weird for sure....some times doctors dont consider pregnancy until you reach a certain number.....maybe its still a bit too soon how many dpo are you. and are you 100% sure of that day I hear a blood test isnt positive until at least 10 dpo so if you were one two or three days later than the test wouldnt show this soon? I dont know now I'm just rambling FX for you bfp hun PMA!

Definately a confusing one! I'll be keeping my fingers X'd for you though babe

XxX

That is confusing...but I agree with Sammy some drs want it to be acertain number before they say your preggo or it could have still been too early. FX for you

IS EXPECTING AGAIN!!! I know, I know, its crazy isn't it? I can't believe it myself. I was not going to put it on here because its obvious but wanted to make it official ... I mean who would have guessed that we are expecting again!! Yup its official ... We are expecting rain tonight and again tomorrow!!!

Best Facebook status I've ever read XD hahaha

XxX

Kae you would have totally got me on that if I just hadnt read it on my cousins fb...lol too funny she got me and the funny thing is, is they are not trying for awhile so I was shocked and then finished reading it....good one though

I took a hpt today, left it in the bathroom and came back a while later. In the sunlight (ehhemm...lol) I saw a very faint very thin line. Hubby saw it too, but we are unsure of whether there was any color on it or if it was an evap. SO, to tomorrow we go. Friday was my original promised test day. :)

How are you feeling Sammy?

I was confident at some point but im slowly losing it. Did most things right and BFN today:wacko::shrug::nope:

Sorry to hear mrsine but by the looks of your ticker, you still have some days to go. If so, don't lose hope! I know it's hard to have any but you have to...that's why we keep trying! :hugs:

I can't figure out how to post...when I click on insert image it asks for a url....hopefully tomorrow I will have a bold pic to post after poas and searching how to files!

Sorry to hear mrsine but by the looks of your ticker, you still have some days to go. If so, don't lose hope! I know it's hard to have any but you have to...that's why we keep trying! :hugs:

Its only a guess lol, I haven't determined my cycle length as it was a bit erratic:shrug:

Good morning girls!!!! I'm rather excited this morning haha XD I got a +opk yesterday afternoon so we BD'd last night, we BD'd the night before too, which was good timing I think lol. Also, I just went and did an OPK just now with FMU and I've never seen such a dark +! The line came up before the test line too!!

I just tried to wake DH up to bd but he said wait til later cuz he didn't come to bed until stupid o' lock this morning. I'm gona go crazy between now and later!!! When he said that yesterday I ended up waiting from 4pm to 11pm, I was so horny by the time we got to it we didn't even get more than like 1 minute foreplay before I jumped him lol XD

Anyway, enough of the TMI XD I have a question though? I thought you were meant to ovulate the day after your first +opk?

Hope everyone is ok :)

XxX

Hey Kae you usually O 12 to 36 hours after your first positive opk...also its not good to use OPKs with FMU you usually will get a positive on it as your body has some LH all the time and since that wee is concentrated it will have more amounts and give you a false positive. But sounds like you have Bding on time!! WOOOHOO XX

Ah right! I didn't realise that lol. I just figured that it wouldn't hurt to do an extra one seeing as how I bought 40 from eBay this cycle lol. I'm still going to do a test at my usual time in about an hour :) I have my fingers very tightly X'd for this cycle! The end of this month is a full year since I found out I was pg the first time, so surely I have to get some luck soon! Lol

XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->