Wonder Week 19... What a Bi@*h!

Ah brill pic!

I hate it when the weather gets in the 30s :( OH loves it though cos he grew up in Kenya so is used to heat, he always complains its too cold!
Wet flannels or muslins are great for cooling down hot babies it seems. Also putting an ice cube in a muslin (crushed up) and letting her suck on that made Maria happy, both with the heat and teething.

So has everyone left the group cause their LO's are out of it or have you all just been enjoying the weather?

How are you all doing?
We had an alright night last night, eventhough it's like 27 degrees in LO'S room! He woke twice for a feed, instead of his 3 times lately!but unfortunately he woke once for his dumy aswell! But he didn't wake up for the day until 8.30 which is more like the way we want it! Ratherthan 7.30 :p fingers crosser for another night like this! Already had his first feed though!

Terrible night so far. Took two hours to put her to bed and OH told me to just get over it and everyone gets tired sometimes. THIS IS NOT SOMETIMES!!! Urgh I hate him sometimes.

Argh! I would tell him to do it every night for a week if he thinks it's so easy. That would reaannoy me if my hubby would say that! Hope you're ok! :hugs:

We're not having the best night either. Put him to bed at 7.30, woke up around 8 got him back down reasonably quick. Then he woke for his first feed at 10.45 and is now?feeding again (at 1.30) might have to feed him more often again during the day, as i did that on Monday to make sure he didn't get dehydrated. Hope he's not gonna keep waking up every 2ish hrs tonight.!

D has just woken and I left him to whine and cry a little and he has gone back to sleep!!!!!! My hubby has just got up to work though so no doubt will wake him! Tbh Dougie is an absolute joy at thr minute and I hope anyone ready this thread, or gets this far through the thread can see light at the end of the tunnel!

Rough day yesterday and rough night :(

Woke at 4.30 and screamed from 4.45 til just a minute ago :cry: I hate letting her cry but she won't be held (she just kicks and squirms) and we've decided she has to learn that I cant be bouncing round and round the house all hours just to settle her back off.

I know in the long run her learning to self-soothe is the right thing to do but it's so hard trying to just ssh pat her when she seems so distressed....

Urgh, feel like total crap at the moment xx

Past midnight here and still wont sleep. Just cries.

Louie's been a good boy the last couple of days, we had tears yesterday afternoon and no reason why - I find it so difficult to get him down for his last nap of the day, he just cried and cried through overtiredness and I ended up getting him up again and bringing bedtime forward as I won't let him CIO for naptimes!

Woke for dummy 2.50am, 6am and up for the day at 8am. Can't complain.

I'm thinking he is almost ready to start weaning. I'm putting it off though, I'm nervous and have no idea what I'm doing - I have that Annabel Karmel book which I've read through a couple of times. I have no idea why some mums are in a rush to wean their babies - milk alone is so much more simple!

xxx

Maria would only stop screaming if I took her in bed with me but she tosses and turns so much its really not fun having her in bed. And our bed is too small anyway so I always wake up with cramp. I just can't wait til my mum flies over, then I might get some rest.

Louie's been a good boy the last couple of days, we had tears yesterday afternoon and no reason why - I find it so difficult to get him down for his last nap of the day, he just cried and cried through overtiredness and I ended up getting him up again and bringing bedtime forward as I won't let him CIO for naptimes!

Woke for dummy 2.50am, 6am and up for the day at 8am. Can't complain.

I'm thinking he is almost ready to start weaning. I'm putting it off though, I'm nervous and have no idea what I'm doing - I have that Annabel Karmel book which I've read through a couple of times. I have no idea why some mums are in a rush to wean their babies - milk alone is so much more simple!

xxx

We were advised to start weaning a little early to help with Myka's reflux. We started on just baby rice (1teaspoon in morn, 1 at night), then moved on to porridge about 2 weeks later and now she has a couple of teaspoons of porridge in the morn and we try a little bit if different fruit and veggies each day (yesterday we did mashed sweet potato).

If you go on the HIPP website they do quite a good weaning timetable for guidance xxx

Maria would only stop screaming if I took her in bed with me but she tosses and turns so much its really not fun having her in bed. And our bed is too small anyway so I always wake up with cramp. I just can't wait til my mum flies over, then I might get some rest.

I get what you mean! I can't wait till my parents come over in 2 weeks either (they live in Holland, as that's where I'm originally from) cause i'd like them to see lucas again ofcourse but also cause me and hubby will get to go out together and hopefully i will be able to have a couple of lay-ins as my mum is usually up early anyway :p

Lucas has been waking up a bit later the past couple of days though! I'm hoping it's the sart of him going back to normal again!

I get what you mean! I can't wait till my parents come over in 2 weeks either (they live in Holland, as that's where I'm originally from) cause i'd like them to see lucas again ofcourse but also cause me and hubby will get to go out together and hopefully i will be able to have a couple of lay-ins as my mum is usually up early anyway :p

Lucas has been waking up a bit later the past couple of days though! I'm hoping it's the sart of him going back to normal again!

I'm gonna have a holiday with my mum and Maria up in Lapland so on the one hand being in a strange place might make things worse with Maria but on the otherhand mum can take her for a walk while I nap.

Whereabouts in Holland are you from? I used to holiday there

I was born in arnhem but i also lived in hilversum and driebergen(which is a small village about 10 minutes away from utrecht). I actually met my husband randomly on the street in amsterdam when he was on holiday (it sounds worse than it is :p everyone always asks my hubby if i was a 'lady from the redlight.district ' - to put it nicely :p which i wasn't btw!! :p)

Where did you go on holiday ? What do you think of holland? Do you like it?

:haha:

We went to different parts each time we went, I liked Friesland the best. I always liked those holidays cos me and my brother would ride bikes everywhere all day long.

hehe, like a proper Dutch person then!!! :p

You wouldn't catch me riding a bike these days though, I only wanna ride where there's no hills!

Maria did a 5 hour stretch last night which was nice :)

haha exactly... I hardly ever ride a bike now... Too many hills around here!! :p

We had an alright night again, he woke up twice so that's an improvement!! But I didn't sleep very well myself though....

Just woken up, cause I fell asleep on the sofa while Lucas was having a nap, but I feel so much worse now than I did before!! Can only tell now how knackered I actually am....

Hope Maria will give you another good stretch tonight!! :)

Hope we all get good stretches tonight! Maria managed to nap once today without the help of the vacuum which was good, want to wean her off needing the vacuum to sleep before I go on holiday as won't have a vacuum there

If you have an iPhone there is a white noise app that replicates the hoover, hair dryer and running water... it is a life saver for me when Dougie is in the pram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->