WTT February 2014

Yay for moving back to Canada Panda! Near family?

I grew up south-west of Brisbane and holidayed regularly at Maroochydore, so right next to where you lived!

TB - welcome back! Samoa! Very exciting. I hope you have a great time. And congrats on the weight loss, that's great. :D

Thanks MellyH. I cannot wait. Supreme excitement. 7 days left of work before Christmas break.

How great you are moving back to Canada Panda, close to family is always high on my priority list when it comes to having children. We live in an expensive city but I will not move too far beyond the boondocks because I know I'll feel the isolation if we do.

Thanks MellyH! I lost another 900g last night so I am now at 6.9 kilos! Hurrah!!!

Hi ladies!
Ya, so excited to move back to Canada! I'm trying not to follow my teacher-y instincts and make a big, colourful, glittery countdown chart :) TB - You're a teacher too, right? What age do you teach? And are you finished for NZ summer now?

We will settle down in the same province as our family, but not sure where exactly. It's looking like we'll be a few hours from both sets of future grandparents, but we might be only about an hour away from 2 of my husband's siblings - which would be great because I hope our future LO can play with his/her cousins as much as possible!

TB - congrats on the weight loss!! I've been trying to increase my exercise lately, so I can build up a better tolerance for it during pregnancy. I have some friends and family who were so active during their pregnancies, but I can't imagine having the energy to workout. I can barely force myself to do it now :haha:

MellyH - I read in a recent post that you're training for a half marathon!? That's very impressive!!! Also, I hope your colposcopy appointment went smoothly. I've had one before (actually as a result of my first ever pap smear coming back abnormal when I was 17), and it definitely wasn't pleasant, but it was a relief when they told me I was completely fine after getting the results back! It'll be great for you to move on from it and have the reassurance that you're ready to TTC soon :hugs:

Speaking of prepping for TTC - do you guys think it's necessary to get a physical exam prior to TTC? In Canada, the gyno or GP only does them every 3 years unless there is something atypical, so when I was home this summer, I wasn't due for one. Will be next summer though, but already hope to be pregnant by then. I mentioned it to my doctor that I would likely be TTC while in China this year, and he didn't seem to think I needed to get checked out first.

Also, are you ladies taking additional folic acid beyond what is in your prenatal vitamins?

I had my routine annual physical with my new doctor in October and asked her if I needed anything additionally before TTC in February and she said no (before the pap smear results). So I don't think it's necessary, unless you have any reason to think something might be wrong.

I am still training, I got to 9 miles a couple of weeks ago. This weekend I am trying for 10 miles. There is a race in January that I am thinking of signing up for! It's something to concentrate on while I WTT!

Hi Randa

I am a teacher yes! I teach Year 5&6 and my kids range from nine to just turned eleven. I have five work days left! Unreal but I need the break! This year was my first as a teacher and it has been full on. I start most days at seven and today I came right home and slept for three hours! Ha.

That all sounds awesome re moving home! A couple of hours is probably a much better alternative than another country! Our future LO will be the start of the next generation on my OHs side so I do hope little cousins won't be too far away although I know they will be! Cousins are the best!

I wouldn't think of needing a physical I don't reckon although it would no doubt have value... I told my doctor at last visit and he didn't suggest anything. I have been taking folic acid and iodine as prescribed. That makes it seem a bit real! I can't believe our time is nearly here.

Oh thanks! I'm loving my rediscovered self and I wish I did this ages ago. Oh well, here and now! I should really do more exercise but I can't quite bring myself to! Ha.
MellyH you are awesome! Go you good thing. That's rather impressive!

So nice to talk to you ladies, I'm so ready for this TTC to start and I'm happy to have journey companions :)

Oh yeah I forgot the folic acid question - I'm just taking over-the-counter prenatal vitamins, nothing on top of that.

TB - how long of a break do you get over Christmas? Any plans? You must be so looking forward to the break. :)

We are taking a week off at Christmas to stay with my husband's parents in Cleveland and I just realised after the colposcopy on Monday they said we couldn't have sex for two weeks, which will be just after we arrive at their place! :haha: Ah well. Lucky we're not TTC yet.

I had to do a pregnancy test before the colposcopy and I've never done one before and even though the implant has never failed me in 12 years I was still secretly hoping to find out I was already pregnant!!! :blush:

MellyH, good timing! Ha. I hope you enjoy Cleveland! I have only heard of that place on television and the like... would LOVE to visit the USA one day, I think I can convince my husband to go with a small person or two! :)

I get from Dec 18 till the 3rd of Feb, but that last week of "holidays" I'll be in my class, at teacher only days and prepping for my next set of students! I am going to Samoa two days after Christmas with my best friend - we booked it on a whim a week or so ago and we get back Jan 2nd - I am so excited! It has also boosted my morale re weight loss so I am hoping for a very good result on the scales on Monday!

Oh I get that re the pregnancy test - I had one at the doctor a couple of years ago and of course, negative but there was always that hope against hope huh?! I have been known to cry on the bathroom floor at a negative result. Can you imagine me when we are TTC?!

Oh yeah Samoa! That's right. Much more interesting that Cleveland. :haha:

Sigh, now I'm freaking out a bit. I was researching about the risks associated with having a LEEP/LLETZ procedure if the results from my biopsy come back bad enough, and a new study has just been published this month saying that women who get pregnant less than 12 months after a LEEP/LLETZ are four times as likely (17.9%) to miscarry as women who wait longer than 12 months (4.6%). I was trying to convince myself not to worry about it, because the procedure sounded so minor anyway and seemed to resolve things quickly in most cases, and earlier research had stated that the procedure wasn't associated with pre-term labour (a worry because the cervix gets shortened a bit), but now I'm a bit more distressed. :(

Aw, Melly. That does sound stressful. When do you hear back about your results? It's easy for someone else to tell you not to worry, but just try to think positive. Fingers crossed that you don't end up needing the procedure at all. Has a doctor talked to you about the potential impact of a LEEP on pregnancy? I read that it can affect pregnancy, but that there is a lot of variability from woman to woman - I know a chance of something negative is there, but some people seem to have no major complications. At least until you hear back from the dr., try to avoid reading the stuff that stresses you out and worries you - there's no shortage of that on the internet though! Big hugs to you!

I have heard back - the biopsy showed the lowest grade of abnormality (CIN1) and the doctor's recommendation was to re-check in a year and see if it has resolved itself!!! Hopefully I'll be pregnant by then ;) HOORAY.

Thanks for the kind thoughts. :D

Hi Tuesdays Baby! I am going to start TTC my second in Feb also! I live in Australia & apparently will be fertile from the 8th so I'm counting down til then!! :)

I have heard back - the biopsy showed the lowest grade of abnormality (CIN1) and the doctor's recommendation was to re-check in a year and see if it has resolved itself!!! Hopefully I'll be pregnant by then ;) HOORAY.

Thanks for the kind thoughts. :D

Melly I also had abnormal cells, CIN2/3 and i did have to have the laser treatment but it wasn't too bad ! That's good news that you can wait another year for another check and there is apparently a good chance they can disappear on their own Fingers crossed!! :)

Hi Shelley, nice to meet you :)

That's fabulous news Melly! I'm very happy for you!

Shelley, thank you. Sorry to hear about your CIN2/3 - have they checked again since the laser treatment?

Shelley, thank you. Sorry to hear about your CIN2/3 - have they checked again since the laser treatment?

I had a follow up colposcopy a few months after the laser, which showed up fine, but I put off the next pap smear for over a year :dohh::dohh: very silly of me but I went in a few weeks ago and was so happy to hear it was normal!! It certainly is a bit scary isn't it!! :wacko:

So glad to hear it was normal. Yes, I was doing well not getting too frightened but it was starting to push through the logical reasoning party of my brain by the time the results came through!

It's January.

Holy crap people.

February is only like four weeks away.

HOOOOOOOLY CRAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back