• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WTT February 2014

October is going really slowly. :haha:

I am concentrating on my goal of training for and running a half marathon before TTC. I've been at it for a few weeks now - my long run on the weekend was 5 miles the last two weekends, and this weekend will increase to 6 miles. It's a good distraction - looking for events to register for, keeping up with the training program, generally trying to improve my health and endurance before getting pregnant! Maybe losing some weight too ;)

What is everyone else doing to keep themselves busy?

It's november! Three months to go!!!!

Hi ladies don't mind me jumping in. I'm 30 OH is 30, we've bn together for almost 11 years now. OH is a surgeon and am part time working and part time in uni trying to finish my thesis but it's not going so well!!!
Anyhow we were planned on TTC last yr but it wasn't successful. So am back really anxious and so ready to get this bun in the oven!! Seems like I've bn broody forever!!! Kping my fingers crossed this is it!!!!!

Welcome kitty! I'm sorry your last attempt wasn't successful. :( How long did you try for? Do you know of any issues?

Welcome kitty! I'm sorry your last attempt wasn't successful. :( How long did you try for? Do you know of any issues?
I think we were both feeling very pressured oh yeah and he had relocated to a diff country in Africa and I had to go back to Russia to finish up with my research!!!
I was so sure it wud happen immediately since medically we are both fine!!! We did a bunch of tests and nothing there!
So now am changing to online program so I can be near him every blessed day :blush:. Funny and all the years trying not to get pregnant and now that's all I want!!!:winkwink:

I know, seriously, you spend years using birth control religiously (pun not intended!) and you kind of get into the mind set that any little slip-up and BAM, you're pregnant. So you assume once you DO start trying, you'll have just to look at a guy and you'll be pregnant. Totally crazy psychology, but I guess it makes sense!

Hi everyone. Sorry to vanish on you, life has gotten busy. My little nephew decided to show up at 28 1/2 weeks in early October, so all my baby obsession has obviously been funneled towards him, instead of our future kids. He's doing great, things are settled down here, and I've finally reached a point where I can resist buying every single baby thing I see :p

We may be moving our NTNP up to December. It's a bit terrifying, but we don't have any real reason to put it off those extra two months. Not sure on a real timeline for actually actively trying.

Hi MrsK! Wow, that must have been scary him coming so early, I'm glad he is doing so well. And December is next month!!! Oh me gee.

Yeah, very soon! We may still chicken out ;) How's everyone else doing?

I have my colposcopy in a couple of weeks, I really hope I get the all clear, not least of which because I don't want to push back TTC!

I have my colposcopy in a couple of weeks, I really hope I get the all clear, not least of which because I don't want to push back TTC!

That sounds extremely unpleasant :p I hope it goes well!

I think I'm going to jump in here =) Hubby said we 'might' be able to start ttc in february 'depending on how the job hunt goes', whatever t hat means.

I'm torie, I'm 23, Married in june, WTT for my first! I graduated may 2012 from college with a degree in Interior Architecture and I do drawings and bluprints for a small company.

So, yeah, Hi :flower: :)

Hi Torie! I got married in June as well (well once in June and once in July!), although I'm 31 :p Welcome!

I hope the job hunt goes well! Is it your husband who is looking? What does he do?

Oh cool! Yeah he's looking, he is finishing school in may and can work on big machinery, hydraulics, welding. Good paying stuff ;)

Nice! I would assume an architect pays quite comfortably too!

I have been vaguely keeping track and my last four cycles were 37, 40, 34 and 39 days. I have the implanon in still so they're pretty irregular, but it's still something to do to keep me occupied! I hope they shorten and get more regular once the implanon is out in February!

It's DECEMBER!!

We start trying in two months! HOLY COW.

I have my colposcopy in a week. Everything will be fine and we'll be able to start as planned. :D

Hi ladies!
Totally new to the forums, but am hoping to be able to connect with you all about our exciting baby-making goals! Only 2 more months :happydance:

DH and I are both 32, have been married for 2.5 years (but together for nearly 15!) Came off BCP 2 months ago, and am TTC starting in February.

I'm Canadian, but we have lived in China for the past 2.5 years, so it means a lot to me to be able to chat with all of you and be sources of info and support for each other throughout this exciting process!

Hi Panda! Welcome. :D Yes, I can understand the connection that the internet provides when you're displaced, although I'm Australian living in the US so not quite as big a cultural change as a Canadian living in China! How are you liking it so far?

Have you started doing anything to prepare for TTC besides coming off birth control? I just ran out of the prenatal vitamins I was taking and have to stop and buy some more on the way home tonight.

TWO MONTHS.

Hi Melly!

Lol, to be honest, I don't really love it. We're on an island in the south (which sounds lovely, but...) If we were in Shanghai or similar, I would have a different opinion. We lived near Shanghai for a year back in 2005, and it was great! We're down on the island for work at a new-ish Canadian school and I'm working about 60 hours/week with 4 year olds. Sometimes adorable, but always exhausting :) Actually, that's one thing that's making DH nervous about TTC in China - my workload is a bit stressing. Also, healthcare and food quality on the island are of a pretty low standard. We will return to Canada in July though, so that will be fantastic!

What area of Australia are you from? We lived on the Sunshine Coast (Mooloolaba) for nearly a year when DH went to school there. I loved it!!

Have been taking prenatals - brought several bottles over from Canada so I would have enough to last me until I return home! Have also been charting my temps, which has been very helpful. It also made me a little nervous at first because I didn't O for my first cycle after coming off the pill. Things seem to be getting back to normal now though!

We head to Thailand for a holiday in January, so I'm considering NTNP then, but we'll see :winkwink:

Hi Feb 2014 ladies!
I'm back from hiatus! Eight days to go in our school year and I am so looking forward to Christmas and New Years! My BFF and I booked a last minute holiday to Samoa the other day and we leave two days after Christmas. It'll be hopefully my last hurrah before getting that BFP. I'm also successfully losing weight and have lost six kilos to date. I should have done it ages ago but I told myself we wouldn't try unless I was healthy so the onus was on me! Have 14 kilos to go but getting there! I hope you are all well in this festive season and getting just as excited about this TTC date coming up so fast. I reckon after Christmas and New Years this time will just zoom by!
How's everybody going? Jobs? Life? I've missed this place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->