WTT till Aug/Sept 2014. Gender swaying?

Im 22 WTT #1. -hopeful-Donor is 20 . He has 1 DD age 2. We will both be another year older before TTC

Hiya, we will ttc this time next year too. We already have a fabulous son and would like a sister for him. However my oh's family are all boys so the chances are slim (not that I mind for one second) but we will try to sway the odds if we can. We didn't bother trying for a particular gender this time as we simply didn't mind but the chinese predictor calender said we would have a girl so it was totally wrong lol. There are two books I am interested in which have ideas about gender swaying but can't decide on which one. Shettles method or Hazel Phillips? Any one read either of these and have any thoughts or opinions on them?

The Chinese predictor was wrong for me too. It said I was having a boy and I was even convinced that she was a boy until the gender ultrasound lol

Welcome, Cleo!

I'm looking for a pregnancy blog of someone due in August 2014 because a) I really love reading blogs and b) I could use it as a way to count down to my date as well. Does anyone know where I could find one? Google doesn't seem to be much help?

Happy New Year everyone! I wish you all lots of luck, happiness, a good health and hopefully a BFP to announce next Christmas. x

It's nice that your OH still wants to keep the date you set.

How old is everyone here? I'm 31 and WTT #1 and it does scare me a little that I'm so old. I sometimes lurk in the over 35 section to get some peace of mind and I always read articles about older celebs having babies.
On the other hand, all the age-related posts and the 'how old did you think you would be' posts really creep me out, I never ever read them.

You are not old at all! STOP going to the over 35 section.. as it will only stress you out, like it did me while wtt and ntnp for #1. I am now 36, DS is 2.
35 is not a magical number that means you will automatically have a hard time concieving.. and you are only 31. :flower:
Though I know how it feels when you are in your 30's and still WTT. :hugs: it was the main reason DH and I started NTNP.... we didn't even get one cycle in before we were pregnant :dohh:
This waiting is driving me a bit mad though... too much waiting and thinking :coffee::wacko::haha:

It would be so nice to have an off switch for your brain wouldn't it? Although, I do enjoy my life with just hubby and me, which often makes the wait easier. We often say to each other: imagine how hard this would be when you would have kids. For example we both were ill this weekend and did nothing but lie on the couch. That wouldn't have been possible with a little one around. I also made a huge pot of spaghetti sauce with five servings for just hubby and I and I though: that would be just two servings if we had two kids. I guess I better enjoy the lazy times while I still can.

Hey all. We are planning to TTC September of this year :)

We really REALLY want a girl first. I don't know if anyone has said this, but I did a little reading about how to try for a girl versus try for a boy.

So this one site said that (though I have also heard that all of us start as a girl and then "turn" boy after like a couple weeks. so who knows!) male sperm and female sperm are different. So male sperm is supposed to swim faster but also die sooner, whereas female sperm swims slower but lasts longer. So to be able to use this method, you have to know when you ovulate (by basal thermometers or something). If you want a girl, you should have sex I believe 3 days (that's how long sperm lasts) before ovulation and then not again till maybe a week past ovulation (if the mood arises). If you want a boy, have sex right at ovulation and for a few days afterward.

Also, Elise, I am planning to start a blog that would be dedicated to what I am doing while WTT - getting in shape. I have seen lots of blogs and haven't really seen one that is "Just right." :p. I have had the flu for 2 weeks now so I am waiting to get better. Adam was ill with me too!! Geeze, fun stuff

There are a couple reasons we want a girl. One, we both just want our little Anastasia Paige. I want a baby girl with a pink nursery... actually OK do you guys like this idea:

We are both big Disney fans right. Him WAY more than me (he has seen EVERY Disney movie, including the live action musicals from like the 60s and all that). ANYWAY.
I love Sleeping Beauty. Aurora is absolutely my favorite princess, but sleeping beauty stuff just isn't as common as your Cinderella type stuff. Anyway, so you know the woodland scene in the movie where she is singing "Once Upon a Dream" (our wedding song BTW)? Well, I think it would be cute to have a woodland nursery, with all the cute animals and what not, and then just have a big wall sticker of Aurora in her Briar Rose outfit (the black top and gray dress). Maybe throw some pink touches everywhere. OK DONE

ANYWAY. So, our child would be the first grandchild for both of our parents (assuming...). He/she would also be the first great grandchild for my one grandma and most likely for my other set of grandparents. Adam is one of 4 boys, and his mom always wanted a girl. I know she would be ecstatic either way but I know she would just be over the moon with a granddaughter.

Hi ladies! I've been gone for a while. I know i shouldn't have used a blue dye. I've got another pink one for later. What do ya think??

Attachments

• 20140121_155721_zps54de370e.jpg
    20140121_155721_zps54de370e.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 4
  • 20140121_155701_zps79399ec3.jpg
    20140121_155701_zps79399ec3.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 3
Here's a tweeked pink test
:cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG_20140121_232616.jpg
    IMG_20140121_232616.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 0
It's still faint, but definitely looks good!

Apreslaube, wow, 4 boys, I understand why your MIL would be happy to have a granddaughter. It's cute that your OH is a Disney fan as well :)
I always thought I'd want a girl as well, but as it turns out, in my mind, I often picture our baby to be a boy. Also because that would be so nice for my OH, but still. But I'm not going to try to influence this, I'll leave it up to nature to figure this out.

Hi there yes if we decide to try for a third well try to sway pink. Hoping if we do try well start trying in September as my ds2 will be 18months then. Same as purplerat no girl in DH's side for sooo many years so we'd love to have a daughter but if we do ttc again it will defo be our last baby pink or blue! :) x

Congrats on your positive result! Very pleased for you! Xx

TNT13- Looks great!! Congrats!! Where you guys trying or did it just happen??

Ooo we're waiting til aug 14 - and though only really want a healthy happy baby, if theres some natural things we could do to sway for a girl then i'm sure we would.
I have heard that girl sperm last longer so should bd a few days before ovulating as they'll be the only ones left!
What/how does the chinese calendar thing work? I've not heard of it before!

Here is a link that will do it for you. https://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor

TNT13- Looks great!! Congrats!! Where you guys trying or did it just happen??

Since we were going to start TTC in August, I ditched the birth control and condoms so my body could get used to being "normal" for a while and I told DH that he was playing Russian roulette there and he said "we're gunna try later, so if it happens it happens" and Wam Bam, hello mam! Got that puppy yesterday!! Every time we have sex, I always try and do a few tricks to sway Blue just in case it sticks. We finished Doggy style so the sperm was closer and I also lifted my butt and legs above my head for like 10 minutes after. The chinese gender chart says it would be a girl, but I'm hoping the advantage I gave em will make it a boy. We also DTD on my ovulation day which I though was a sign it was gunna happen. He initiated sex, so I was like Ok, here goes nothing!

How exciting! What is your due date?! Being pregnant is amazing even tho sometimes it can be hard. I'm so happy for you! :)

How exciting! What is your due date?! Being pregnant is amazing even tho sometimes it can be hard. I'm so happy for you! :)

I had blood drawn today to confirm it. I should get the results back tomorrow or Friday. Based on a due date calculator it would be Sept 28th:baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->