WTT till Aug/Sept 2014. Gender swaying?

Hi can I join this group please? :flower:

We're WTT/NTNP till June/August 2014 while I lose the weight my FS has asked me to lose, we have been on a break for several months after TTC for 2+ years so this is the big push now to lose weight and get our bfp sometime next year god willing.

Welcome Vaniilla!!

So I've heard some things lately that i'm going to try out when DH and I TTC. My period is still 20 days late but all BFN so I'm assuming I didnt ovulate. One particular woman who had trouble ovulating and had been TTC for 14 months. She ate grapefruit for breakfast for a few days and then 16 days she had her period! Then the next cycle she conceived!! It may or may not work, but either way grapefruit is good for you!

Also, another woman said that her and her sister conceived while taking Mucinex, because it thinned out the mucus in her throat, AND her CM!! Just thought I'd share!

Grapefruit is healthy anyway, so that definitely can't hurt. Never heard of Mucinex though, I shall include that in my google frenzie ;)

Welcome on board Vaniilla!

Evening Primrose Oil is also supposed to increase EWCM. I tried it and it didnt work for me but I know alot of ladies in here have used it and it worked

I was on evening primrose oil many years ago, for a reason that evades me for the moment, but this was long before i started to learn about all this. While i can confirm it increased my cm, it didn't hurt health wise.

:wave: I'm wtt til end of August start of September next year- il e graduated and settled in a new job then and oh and I will have saved some money

Bittersweet- thats pretty much where DH and I are at! Just wanting to get more prepared and enjoy the new married life before babies!

Eline- I read that muscinex is good because it thins out all of the mucus in your body so sperm are more mobile that way. And I'm *slightly* happy to announce that after 26 days of no period, I FINALLLLY got AF after drinking a glass of grapefruit and eating some of the fruit daily for about a week! Nothing crazy, just a small glass each day.

I was attempting to temp, but I couldn't seem to get up early to do it and DH and I just moved to a different city and then there was Thanksgiving, so I think I'll give it another go!

Do you have to get up to temp? It would be nice if you could just do it in bed...

It's more accurate if you do it in bed. They say do it first thing when you wake up.

I can't wait till I can start temping. Normally I'll be taking my last pill somewhere in June. :)

I think I am going to start temping next cycle just to get a nice pattern going before TTC. Plans could change and we could TTC earlier depending on if OH gets his promotion sooner.

That's exciting! Best case scenario, how much sooner could you start ttc?

I'm saving to buy a smartphone at the moment and I'm very much looking forward to indulge in all kinds of countdown and cycle tracking apps. Are any of you using those?

Eline- Oh you bet I am!!! According to my countdown app, there's only 232 days and 9 hours and 18 minutes and 17..16..15..14..13..12... seconds lol I've started temping recently too and it's pretty informative, but a bit of a pain because you have to get up at the same time every day! I use Fertility Friend and it's pretty helpful. They have a website too and an App. I've also learned that taking Muscinex while TTC helps because it makes your CM more friendly

I use fertility friend right now just to keep track of AF.

I would say not that much sooner as I don't want to have a summer baby again and I don't want be heavily pregnant in the summer.

Hello again everyone!
Been busy dealing with family things and seriously thinking of not wtt or ttc at all,but had good talk with DH and we decided to keep to our TTC of July/August regardless. We will see where we are then and make our final decision at that time.
Welcome all new ladies as well to the waiting game.. :haha:

It's nice that your OH still wants to keep the date you set.

How old is everyone here? I'm 31 and WTT #1 and it does scare me a little that I'm so old. I sometimes lurk in the over 35 section to get some peace of mind and I always read articles about older celebs having babies.
On the other hand, all the age-related posts and the 'how old did you think you would be' posts really creep me out, I never ever read them.

I'm 26, me and OH have been dating since we were 18 and we have been married for a little over 2.5 years. It's crazy how fast time flys!

I know alot of people who are over 30 and just starting their families. Do you have pretty regular cycles?

Hard to say. At 19 I didn't have my period for a year, then I was diagnosed with pcos and started on the pill. 8 years later, after coming off the pill, I was very irregular the first year, with one four month gap without period, after that I was quite regularly. Because of problems with my iud, I'm now on the pill again. I really don't know what to expect when I come off it in June.
I try not to worry about it as I want to honor the agreement with my OH that we will start trying in September. I hope we can conceive smoothly, but we both know that problems may occur. It would be best if I lost a little weight before the summer, as that might really have a positive influence.

I definitely need to lose about 10-20 lbs before TTC! I'm going to really buckle down after the holidays and stick to my diet and exercise. My goal is to run a 5K this summer!

I got one shot of depo before TTCing #1 and it screwed up my body for 2 years. We took breaks off and on from TTCing and finally after our wedding we concieved but kept ending in mc's. I had 3 MC and was put on progesterone. That did the trick and we had Avianna! I plan to go back to the dr before we TTC this summer just to see if I should be put back on progesterone after O. Hopefully I won't have to be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->