Your Christmas routine

Status
Not open for further replies.

embojet

Molly and Ethan's Mummy
Reaction score
This is mine:
Christmas eve evening we go round my mums and have a buffet, play games, watch xmas movie etc. In the day time I cook my turkey and prep my veg etc. When we get home form my mums we put all the presents under the tree and go to bed to wait for santa!
Christmas day is hectic! We get up at about 7, and open pressies whilst listening to christmas music. Always have chocolate for breakfast! DH's family come round in the morning and stay for xmas dinner, which I cook. They bring their presents so we open these just before dinner. Late afternoon we head round to my nans, where she does a buffet. (we love a buffet cant you tell!). We then have 'tree pressies', which are just silly little pressies at her house, then go home and flake out watching xmas night telly.
Boxing day my parents normally come round at some point, and we pig out on leftovers (which normally last through to new year!)
I LOVE IT!

rr i love the idea of a christmas eve get together, we have never done anything like that.

last year was my nans first year being on her own after my grandad died so i stayed with her with Lilly, as me and OH had split up too. so really really looking forward to this year!
I think christmas eve we will all put our new PJs on and when Lilly goes to bed ill put all her presents down under the tree. Then christmas morning me and OH are going to get up early, he is going to dress as santa and we will wake Lilly up and take her downstairs to 'see if santa has been', open all the presents etc. Then get ready to go visiting family. After we have been to visit family we will come home and I will make dinner unless we go somewere else for dinner, then chill all night just the 3 of us while Lilly plays with her new stuff. xxx

Oooooohhhhh I just cant wait any longer :rofl:

Christmas eve I usually work and the girls go to nursery but I am only in work for an hour or so as I have to make sure all orders are placed and entered before I leave for my 4 days off. Its my first year in my house but I am keeping it the same as when I was at mums.
I am gonna get the girls, go to my mums where we play Christmas music and mum has food and we have a laugh with the family, go home with the twins and sort out our pressies for the morning, On Christmas morning we will open our presents together then go to OH's mums house for breakfast and to open their presents and then back round to my mums house for dinner where we will stay until later that night or stay overnight and boxing day we go to OH's mums for dinner and games.. Its gonna be great.. I cant wait now

on xmas eve me oh and our boys we get up watch xmas movies till about 12ish then we take the kids up the street (town) they have ice skating and lots of xmas things u can do then we pick up any last bits or bargains then take the boys out for there tea then we go back to my mums and dads leave the kids there to do there baking with there grandad me and oh go home sort out last bits there then my parents bring the boys back about 8 o clock so we put them to bed put xmas prezzies under the tree wait a few hours to do the stockings on the end of there bed then me and oh wake up about 7 8 ish wake the kids up look in there stockings together then go down stairs to see if santas been put the xmas music on once prezzies are open depending if there hungry which there normally not but if they are have brekkie then kids play with there new things about 11ish my parents and brother comes round and we start dinner then my dad goes to pick my sister up and her 5 kids then once we ate dinner we sit all in the lounge open all the prezzies of each other then we play games and have the music on and then if we fancy watching something on tv we all sit down watch a movie ooooooo im so excited thinking about it :)

Im gonna try out the buffet on crimbo eve thanks for the idea :haha:

Before we had LO, me and OH would go out to a nice pub on xmas eve and meet some friends. But now two of us out of that group of friends have babies I'm not so sure we will! My xmas eve this year will probably be a mad panic wrapping Laila's presents haha.
Then xmas morning we usually get up, this year we'll let Laila open all her presents have a cooked breakfast, yummy. OH's Mum and Dad might come round on the morning. Then we'll do a quick trip to my Grandparents for a drink and to exchange pressies where she has people round all morning. Then last year and maybe this year too we went to my Mums for dinner and exchanged pressies there too with my little brothers and stuff :D Then on the evening all the family usually gets together at my Aunts because she has the biggest house :haha: where we all play games, watch a bit of xmas TV and have a drink and a laugh!
Excited much now? lol

I couldnt not do the get together on christmas eve, I get too excited and would just be running round my living room like a loon! :rofl:

For ours we usually do a really big long walk on christmas eve with the dogs and then when we get home sit for a film and hot chocolate then after the kiddies go to bed put the presents out from santa then off to bed.

Previous years have been early start as the little ones always get up around half 6 then open the prezzies and play with toys until about 12ish when we go over to gran's with the rest of the family for 'lunch' then we all just sit about chatting & overeating lol until about 6 when we go home, play with gifts a bit more then usually an earlyish night as we've been up so long!

Then boxing day is usually another long walk & dinner at the other gran's. But it's going to be very different this year! baby's first christmas and hubby's first christmas not having to work so I think we'll be doing our own thing on christmas day so there is no arguments what side of the family to go to!

Christmas eve, we head to my parent's- dinner and presents.
Christmas morning, we have a little time at our house-presents and such
then we head out to my in-laws, for brunch and even more presents :thumbup:

OUr routine starts on December first. That is when the tree goes up NO MATTER WHAT. I remember one year we had litterally just moved into our new place the day before and I still made sure the tree went up. Decorating it last several days. Then when the tree is done we proceed to decorate the house. A little each day. It is always a surprise for the kids trying to figure out what new thing has been added while they were at school. Also every other day we do baking. Most is laid out to eat through out the day but some is frozen only to be taken out on Christmas Eve. We also go and buy each child a Christmas Tree decoration. Every year, starting the year they are born, they get a new one. So when they go off to collage they have some ordaments for their own tree to decorate there place with. I start marinating the turkey 3 days before christmas. On christmas Eve we open one gift (always pj's) and play games and watch movies. We also drop off our secret santa basket to the family we picked. Before DH and I head to bed we place the kids stockings on the foot of their beds so that when they wake up in the morning they will stay their for us to get just a few more winks of sleep. Then I get up while they are still getting ready and start breakfast. The kids have to wait till the breakfast is eaten and cleaned up before any gifts can be opened. After all presents are opened then we all take a family photo in front of the tree.

All the prep for the meal was done the day before and only has to be cooked up. Leaving me loads of time to have fun with the kids.

oooh i like this...

well usually there is a panto involved at some point during december...i LOVE LOVE LOVE panto, the one we have at newcastles theatre royal is always amazing and so so funny (i sound like a geek :haha: )

christmas eve day i usually work then at night go to my local until the early hours. always end up getting far too merry singing christmas songs etc. oooh excited to here mariahs 'all i want for christmas' anyway. me and my sis stumble home and crash out(me, my bro and sis always sleep at home (parents house) on christmas eve)

christmas day we get up at about 9-10am, we all go downstairs together to "see if he's been". we always have our little piles of presents on the sofa/chairs and my mams are always on the floor....poor thing :rofl: so we all open them whilst listening to some music channel. after presents my dad usually makes bacon sandwiches and we put on some music...usually something one of us has just recieved and we just chill for a bit whilst my mam opens the cherry.

we spend a bit of time getting showered and ready, this usually takes ages being a girl and getting lots of new make-up, nail varnish etc. we help with the dinner then usually sit down to it at about 3pm. then after that we just sit and watch movies, play games. last year we got a singing game for the wii so me, my bro and sis spent ages on there while my mam and dad snoozed :haha:

my bf usually comes around at about 6 to exchange presents and will stay for a while. were kinda broke up tho atm so this could change this year. im usually the one who makes a buffet tea. like many of u on here i love one but my family are usually too full to want one, not that it stops me tho. eastenders and corri are usually part of my christmas day too.

boxing day is usually quite boring in our house. usually me and my sis end up in the pub again playing scrabble :haha:

wow that was long!

welll...

me and my OH usually spend the christmas day at our mums and boxing day with our dads.

Last year we was at the hosp with our LO on christmas eve and i tied all his stockings to his cot and arranged his presents and then santa ate his cake etc :). Then in the morning LO woke up and we opened presents :), santa was also goign round the ward giving out presents :).
we left the hospital at about midday (which i feel quite bad about now :( ) and went to my mums for dinner and then to my OH's for a buffet tea :) I <3 buffets haha.

This year...
Our LO will be home for christmas this year so on exmas eve will most likely pop into town and get last minute bits, then watch christmas telly with my LO and finish last min bits at home, will put his new christmas jammys on and read a christmas story to him and then when hes asleep me and my OH might have a drink and then put the presents out and go to bed :). Then on christmas day...:) wake up and open presents with LO and OH, then get ready and go to my OH's for about 10.30am, will open prezzies with everyone and have dinner at his :). Then in the afternoon we will go to my mums and have another dinner (hehe) with her and my stepdad and open prezzies with them. Then go back to mine fo around 8 because my LO will be on his machines still and me and my OH will watch christmas telly :).

Boxing day will go over to my dads and his dads through the day and open prezzies :)

<3 x

Ooooh its so exciting!

On Christmas Eve LO being young has normal tea and bed at 7pm.

Me and OH have a chinese/indian snack buffet and watch films when LO is in bed. We had my mum and brother staying last year but this year who knows....and OH is working until 10pm:nope:

Then LO wakes up about 6/7am change bum then down stairs to open his sock (which will go into his room when older:thumbup:) then it will either be a case of he plays with his main toy (a ride in car which we cant wrap!) until my family arrive and we open gifts. My mum, dad and 2 brothers are coming this year.

Then its playing, cooking the lunch and listening to Christmas tunes on a music chanel.

I love the decoration every year idea!!

Emma.xx

Christmas Eve we cosy up on the couch and watch a Christmassy film. In the evening we go to the children's Christmas mass (I love seeing all the wee shepherds and angels dressed up!) then round to my mum's for a chippy and a couple of drinks.

Christmas morning we get up pretty early, go downstairs and open pressies then round to my mum's to exchange gifts and eat bacon rolls. From there we go to my nan's to see her and my dad. Then back home, OH's parents and brother come round and the men start cooking dinner :) before my mum and gran come round as well as my sis and her husband on alternate years (they go to his family's every other year).

We eat dinner and have a few drinks then everyone goes home and the three of us will settle in for the night watching Christmas telly or films.

Boxing day we pretty much just have a lock in. We only leave the house to go walkies with the dog and spend the day eating chocolate, drinking beer (though obviously not so much since we have Harvey now!) and watching films.

I love christmas...

Christmas eve I always go in the city with my dad :) then in the evening me and my Oh go out for a meal.

Christmas day, we go round my Oh mums in the morning, then to my parents for lunch with them and my Nan, then in the evening we go round my granddad`s.

On boxing day we go back to my Granada's and have a buffet tea with my aunts and uncles and cousins :)

Christmas eve - Go to my parents for a chinese and board games. I bath Grace there and put her in her new christmas pyjamas (tradition to have new ones on xmas eve lol). Then we go home and put everything out for santa and Grace goes to bed (and mummy & Daddy be santa).

Christmas day - Up whenever Grace comes in and go to 'see if he's been'. I make a special christmas breakfast (with crackers and sparkling fruit juice). We head round to my parents and my sister and her OH join us all and we just eat and chill out for the day. Watch an xmas movie in the evening then take a sleepy Grace home to bed.

Boxing Day - ALL our friends plus their children and our family come to us for a buffet xx

We dont really have a routine for xmas eve, but it will prob be getting last min bits in the afternoon, and in the evening, the boys will sprinkle rendeer food out side and put the usual bits out for father xmas, before bed.

then xmas day, prob a bit different to most peoples.

we will prob be up 6-7am with our 5yr old and our then 13mnth old. open presents, then mid morning visit some family. mid afternoon we go to pick up my 2 step sons. when we get back home santa would have visited again, so all 4 boys open presents together, by now its prob around 4pm, and I start making a buffet, other family start to arrive, and they stay with us well into the evening, its usally eating, drinking, watching tv, playing any new games (our guitar hero only comes out at xmas, lol) and just having some fun.

oh and incase you think I missed out about xmas dinner, I didnt, we dont have one, theres just not enough time to fit it in.

on boxing day, in the morning we just laze around, and then i make a xmas dinner at lunch time, and then we go to my parents house in the evning and pretty much do what we did the night before. xx

Christmas eve we will bake mince pies so Santa has a fresh one we don't have a chimney so we have to hang the special Santa key outside a sprinkle the reindeer dust across the drive then the kids get a bath and open a present (amazingly it's always pjs lol) then we watch home alone (the best Xmas film ever) kids go to bed we have a nice glass of wine make sure they are asleep then get the presents out of hiding (the loft) put them under tree and go to bed
Xmas day up early open presents Xmas music on eat chocolate then get into new outfits and put the turkey in pop over to neighbours and have a Xmas drink have lunch and go visit my mum my sisters meet us there open some more pressies
Relax at home and watch Xmas soaps
Boxing day massive house party lots of singing dancing and games always a boys v girls quiz nite love love love it I'm sooooo excited now

Hubby is from California while I am from London so we spend each year either there or here. So I will you tell you both routines as they change quite a bit.

London first. Christmas eve is spent in the day shopping in oxford street with a few friends of Hubby and I's getting last minute bits and then having coffee and cake (or mince pies!) our favorites. Then it is home to go ice skating with Hubby, my Mum and Dad brother and brothers friend or girlfriend (depends on what is happening in his life!) at our local put up because it is Christmas skating rink. Then home for the one meal I cook for Christmas around the table at my parents house. Hubby and I stay over that night and everyone is in bed before midnight! Christmas day then starts early with a big cup of coffee and then LOTS of present opening. After that is done my Mum normally makes a small breakfast but most people are more interested in the new things! We then go to my Nans where my Mums side of the family all come together. We share more presents and then my Aunties Husbands parents come over (every other year though) and we have a big family meal there cooked by all the "grown ups" so not me :) This meal normally goes on for ages and then a family walk for the none asleep or drunk happens. We get back and then watch christmas TV! Maybe play a few games and eat more food. Finally get back to my house and sleep! Boxing day Hubby and I sleep in and then go sales shopping in the afternoon. Then it is a meal with friends in the evening :)

California Christmas is very different! We stay at Hubby's parents the whole time. On Christmas Eve we buy the second Christmas tree (the one for the kitchen, the other is in the living room) and do it up. But that is the only real Christmas thing we do in the day. In the evening his 2 brothers and his sister plus there families come over and we have a big meal and they all stay over. We also get to open 1 present. The kids put out things for santa and an hour later the adults eat it :) The kids go to be early but the adults normally watch Christmas movies that the kids don't like for ages then go to sleep. Christmas day everyone wakes up really early, and all the presents are open straight away. One of the guys (normally Hubby's Dad) dresses up as santa and hands out the presents. Then lunch starts and is normally dinner in the end. Everyone kinda just gets on and hangs out in the house. The TV is always off during the day so there is lots of games, make videos and playing of new toys. Before lunch/dinner happens lots of chocolate is eaten in the mean time. We finally have lunch/dinner and it is huge! Afterwards most people are too full to move and we all watch movies, kids movies this time. Boxing day is really chilled and normally it is spent my their pool with a walk down to the beach to watch the sunset and have some food.

So two quite different Christmas routines but we are doing the latter this year :)

Hubby is from California while I am from London so we spend each year either there or here. So I will you tell you both routines as they change quite a bit.

London first. Christmas eve is spent in the day shopping in oxford street with a few friends of Hubby and I's getting last minute bits and then having coffee and cake (or mince pies!) our favorites. Then it is home to go ice skating with Hubby, my Mum and Dad brother and brothers friend or girlfriend (depends on what is happening in his life!) at our local put up because it is Christmas skating rink. Then home for the one meal I cook for Christmas around the table at my parents house. Hubby and I stay over that night and everyone is in bed before midnight! Christmas day then starts early with a big cup of coffee and then LOTS of present opening. After that is done my Mum normally makes a small breakfast but most people are more interested in the new things! We then go to my Nans where my Mums side of the family all come together. We share more presents and then my Aunties Husbands parents come over (every other year though) and we have a big family meal there cooked by all the "grown ups" so not me :) This meal normally goes on for ages and then a family walk for the none asleep or drunk happens. We get back and then watch christmas TV! Maybe play a few games and eat more food. Finally get back to my house and sleep! Boxing day Hubby and I sleep in and then go sales shopping in the afternoon. Then it is a meal with friends in the evening :)

California Christmas is very different! We stay at Hubby's parents the whole time. On Christmas Eve we buy the second Christmas tree (the one for the kitchen, the other is in the living room) and do it up. But that is the only real Christmas thing we do in the day. In the evening his 2 brothers and his sister plus there families come over and we have a big meal and they all stay over. We also get to open 1 present. The kids put out things for santa and an hour later the adults eat it :) The kids go to be early but the adults normally watch Christmas movies that the kids don't like for ages then go to sleep. Christmas day everyone wakes up really early, and all the presents are open straight away. One of the guys (normally Hubby's Dad) dresses up as santa and hands out the presents. Then lunch starts and is normally dinner in the end. Everyone kinda just gets on and hangs out in the house. The TV is always off during the day so there is lots of games, make videos and playing of new toys. Before lunch/dinner happens lots of chocolate is eaten in the mean time. We finally have lunch/dinner and it is huge! Afterwards most people are too full to move and we all watch movies, kids movies this time. Boxing day is really chilled and normally it is spent my their pool with a walk down to the beach to watch the sunset and have some food.

So two quite different Christmas routines but we are doing the latter this year :)

They both sound amazing, I love Christmas so much, I'm so excited1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back