• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your 'perfect' Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

xprincessx

Mum to 5 beauties <3
Reaction score
In an ideal world if there were no obstacles and money was no object etc etc etc what would be your perfect christmas?

Where would you spend it?
Who would you spend it with?
What would you do in the lead up and on the day?
What gifts would you buy/ask for?

WOW... hmmm

I'd spend it in Disneyworld staying in Cinderella's Castle. Me, DH, LO, and my mom. No obstacles you say?... Front of the line pass or better yet the whole Magic Kingdom to ourselves :haha:

I'd have myself an Ipod (finally), get DH a nice Laptop, my mom a PT Cruiser (she's always wanted one), and pay off our mortgage :rofl:

We'd have dinner catered in to our suite at the park and ride rides all day. LO loved the rides when we were there and cried when we had to get off some of them. We'd watch a lovely parade and then fireworks before bed!

Wow ^ that sounds like an amazing magical christmas! If only life could be like this x

I'm still holding out on becoming filthy rich someday so I can at least make some of those things happen!

I noticed that DH and I got electronics and my mom got a car... that's okay though cause she's amazing and deserves it!

I would love to spend Christmas in a rustic cozy winterized cottage along the lake, with a big fireplace and lots and lots of decorations! I would spend it with my kids, Mark, my parents and brother and SIL. It would be snowing and cold outside. We would cook a lovely dinner and just enjoy each others company. My gifts I would ask for would be new clothes, cookware, and money being no option, a nice new bedroom set <3

Somewhere in Scandinavia in a luxury wooden lodge with a real fire. We'd have a huge bit of fresh salmon for christmas eve and maybe have Jamie Oliver cook for us and bring it over for christmas :haha: I did his christmas dinner last year and it was beyond banging. I'd get a fiat 500, a new super powerful desktop computer, a macbook, a DSLR, a lot of make up, some lovely pyjamas and super soft socks and loads of gin, tonic and baileys. Maybe some mulled cider too. I want huskies, LO, OHs family and my mum - and everyone would have to get what they wanted too since it's better to give than recieve ;) obviously loads of christmas movies, weird little party games, trivial pursuit, slankets and a new kitten too maybe.

Well my Christmas plans this year is basically my perfect Christmas! (minus the any gifts part :haha:)

Me, OH and LO will be in ourselves to open presents in the morning. We'll then go down to my parents house to have dinner with them, my brother, uncle, cousins and grandparents. I'd hate to be away for Christmas!
I'll be spending it with my OH, LO and rest of my family.. Perfect!
LO is still a bit small to do traditions with, so I can't wait until she's bigger so we can do the whole reindeer dust, carrot for Rudolph etc!
I would like a lot of money though, that would be the icing on the cake :haha:

i would spend it at home. with just my boys and dh.
there isnt any thing specific i would buy, pretty much just general presents but with out having to worry about budget and feeling guilty going over.
there isnt anything i would want other than the kids to behave the whole day lol

The people would be the same, but I'd have my family and OH's families together so we weren't having to divide our time between the two. Going away up north to a cottage or cabin would be amazing, but that would have to be a "So long as we can get MY parents, YOUR parents, ALL our brothers and sisters to agree" situation lol.

My perfect Christmas would be to have my family and my OH's family together for Christmas. My family live in New Brunswick and we live in Manitoba so I've only had 1 Christmas with them in 13 years.

As far as the gifts go I'd love a nice house we could have designed for ourselves which would have at least 3 bedrooms an office and a nice big playroom oh and a nice big jacuzzi! Not to much to ask I don't think :haha:

In an ideal world if there were no obstacles and money was no object etc etc etc what would be your perfect christmas?

I'd spend it in New York City.
With all my family,
In the lead up we would spend a fortune buying pressies in places like Macy's,Bloomingdales,lord and Taylor,fao Schwartz etc.
Christmas Eve we'd go skating a Rockefeller,then stroll around Central Park.
I'd ask for anything from Tiffanys xx

I wouldnt change my Christmas, its just me, OH and the boys :cloud9:

We see family throughout the day but most of Christmas day is just us and I love it :cloud9:

Mine would be in a cosy little cottage with a lovely fire going like you see in really cheesy christmas films. I would have my mum, dad, aunt, OH and Callum with me and we would all get along well and exchange gifts. We would sit around a huge table with party hats on and pull crackers all together at the same time. We would have a massive roast turkey dinner followed by a big bowl of trifle and we would all laugh about afterwards with a silly board game. Then we would cosy up on the sofa all together and watch christmas films while nibbling on a bowl of munchies

That's what I want for christmas...happiness between my family and my mum + dads family. (my parents do not get along with OH so this would never be able to happen :()

I'd spend it in New York City.
With all my family,
In the lead up we would spend a fortune buying pressies in places like Macy's,Bloomingdales,lord and Taylor,fao Schwartz etc.
Christmas Eve we'd go skating a Rockefeller,then stroll around Central Park.
I'd ask for anything from Tiffanys xx

oo that sounds good too!

Where would you spend it? in a winter wonderland place thats exotic to me like Paris or New york
Who would you spend it with? i would take all my family with me including friends,just loads of people i want with me.
What would you do in the lead up and on the day? shop shop shop! and eat eat eat!
What gifts would you buy/ask for? a designer handbag, iphone, ipad, uggs, designer heels, diamond bracelet/ring, mac makeup, latest laptop, weight loss surgery,fake nails e.t.c

Ooh, wow, this is fun, and so lovely to hear everyone's little Christmas fantasies.

For me, in the run up I would love to in Christmas shopping in New York (never been, but seems like a good place for shopping) and then, maybe pop to Harrods and Hamley's on the way back. When the kids are older, a trip to Lapland to visit the real Santa, too.

On the day we would stay at home (money being no object, that would be our lovely, big new house filled with big, real Christmas trees, wreaths and garlands and lovely, traditional decorations, with a cosy, open fire in the living room). We would get up and open our stockings, then have bacon butties for breakfast before opening our presents. I would have a Pandora bracelet and a new camera, hubby would have an iPad and Hayden would have lots of lovely wooden toys and puzzles and games.

Meanwhile, our chef would be preparing a big turkey dinner, which our families would come and join us for. We would pull crackers, wear the silly hats and eat too much. Then, afterwards we would go for a nice countryside walk in the snow, maybe have a snowball fight and build a snowman, then come home and spend the rest of the day eating chocolates and nibbles, watching the snowman and Muppet Christmas Carol and playing with our new toys.

I'd love to spend it in aspen with all my family in a nice cottage with open fire with our own chef and waiters so none of us have to keep disappearing to do the food etc, that's it really a nice atmosphere with all the people we love in a beautiful part of the world. x

I feel so christmassy reading everyone's dream christmases, it's lovely! x

My dream christmas would be at home, but rather than us going and visiting family, they would come and visit us for once. I would ask for the things I am getting anyway, and I would spend it with the people I'll be spending it with.

I would love to say I'd spend it somewhere magical and snowy but tbh my perfect Christmas is how we have it every year.

LO comes in to us, about 6.30, we watch her open her stocking on our bed then we make our way downstairs where she sees her mountain of toys, have a picnic breakfast while Freya opens a load.
About 9am we get dressed, walk around the corner to my mum and dads and open more pressies, have a glass or two of wine, LO plays with all her stuff, my Nan's there too, then we have lunch at about 1pm, followed by lush puddings.
At about 3.30 we all take the dogs around the fields for a run, then back home for a picnic tea and more presents, followed by LO going to bed at 7 so me and DH get a nice evening to ourselfs to reflect and play with LO's toys.

It does help that I love our house, it's our first Christmas in it as we've been renovating it for years, it's also in a quiet Cotswold village, really picturesque and a 2 minute walk to mum and dads :)

Home with my family is a magical Christmas for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"