Zygosity testing

cherrylips100

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I posted a thread some time ago about zygosity testing my dcda twins and decided to 'wait and see'. Well, after staring at a photo of one of them for about 10 minutes earlier and not knowing who it was for sure, I'm starting to wonder!
I know a couple of you have had the test and I just wanted to know what company you used and how quick the results were. Also, what does the test entail and what info do you receive at the end?
Thankyou in advance.

I had my girls tested. It was £96at Kings College. I preferred them over the commercial labs as the look at more genetic markers than most of the commercial labs. It's just a cheek swab. I think they said it could take 4-6 weeks but it was only a couple of weeks.
I thought my twins were fraternal and got a shock when they turned out to be identical, although I look back at the early days and now think they look alive but at the time I thought they were incredibly different.
Like my avatar. At the time I thought they looked nothing alike.... Lol!

Thanks for the reply! I've just ordered a test from the Kings College website as I'm driving myself crazy wondering, so should hopefully know for sure soon. I was hoping they'd have different hair or eye colour so I wouldn't have to spend anything, but they are the same haha. Are there many subtle differences between your twins?

I think they are totally different. My gut feeling is they weren't identical, but other people can't tell them apart. Personality wise too they are quite different, and they communicate indifferent ways...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->