1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

I feel the same Jess. It's weird how you need FMU for a hpt but not a opk. Seems to not make sense but i guess there's a reason. I have no idea what it is LOL. If it's THAT faint i say you aren't O'ing for a couple more days, but make sure to keep checking!!! Just like that you OPK can turn dark. It's nuts. Test 2 times a day whenever you can!

yahooo Sam, if you post right away, I might be able to find out on my 3 am pee break!!! I guess if baby doesn't cooperate, that'll make your decision for you about finding out :)
Jessie---because surges start at all diff. times and typically only last 12-36 hours (or something like that) they don't want you to use FMU because it will be old urine and may not contain your surge....ok that's not exactly what it is at all, but it's something about the surges that you DON'T want to test with FMU. A book I read recommended testing around 11 am---it's diff. for everybody though. You won't have to squint like that, when your surge is getting close you'll easily see the 2nd line, but it just won't be as dark as your other line but you'll at least know you're close. If you're using your box of 20 so you've got some to use up anyway I'd test again when you get home at 10 pm, just in case. My test could be completely negative one day and completely positive the next, so the lines on OPKs don't always work the best for predicting when you'll get your positive--so just keep testing. Good luck with school---when will you be done classes?
Rachael I think bosses are just so used to seeing people be lazy idiots, so they harden to it and assume everybody is the same way (pretty crappy). it just sucks it happened so soon so she didn't get a chance to really get to know your work ethic because then she would NOT be acting how she is and she'd know you're just genuinely sick!! She'll get a chance though to see you're a good reliable worker and then she'll feel bad for how she is now.
I want you and jessie to join us toooo!! Soooo bad!!! We need to be one BFP group, and we all will be soon :hugs:

Thanks Kelsey - I did not see your message last night when I got home fro class so I did not test. DH was already asleep when I got home. :( Anyway, I brought my strips with me to work today so I will test about 11am as you suggested.
I will be in class until about the end of the year. There are 4 parts to the CPA exam so you basically take a class for a month, have a couple weeks off to study and take an exam, then start another class, another exam, etc until you get all 4 parts done. Sounds fun huh!!???

Sam - Any updates?

SSSAAAAMMMM!!!!!!????!?!?!?! Is she out celebrating a boy or a girl?
Jessie sounds like a good plan! I like analyzing OPK's, so if you ever have any you need help looking at, pos them :) Ugg, well sounds like you'll be finishing your class before you're too big (pregnant) :) By my calculations you should be about 5 months along?? woohoo!
Rachael, hope you're feeling ok today!
Lindsay--anymore contractions!? Omg, 38 weeks--hope your appt goes good today and they tell you that you should make today your last day of work.

Sam?!??! :pink: or :blue: !!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up this morning with my eye the same. i have an eye appt at 140 today. Hope everything is okay. I am just ready to die. Like it's that bad. I just can't deal with it anymore. All this drainage stays in the throat and burns. I wake up in the night and i can only breathe out of my mouth because my nose being plugged and my mouth is SO dry and i have to get up and get something to drink. It's been just miserable. I can't even sleep anymore. When i blink it hurts. Yeah.. def ready for this appt.

Sorry to keep you all waiting, we went into town for a nice lunch. The scan went really well, got to see the heart and all the chambers, measured the head etc, no facial problem i.e no cleft lip, brain okay I think, kidneys and stomach looked fine, the baby has a slightly bigger than average tummy but long legs. It was a Dr doing the scan which surprised me but she was lovely.

Now for gender, She showed us the boy bits and although 'no cast iron guarantee' she was VERY confident of his bits! So we are team blue! :blue:

Jsut wanted to say about OPK's. The LH doesn't start to be produced till mid morning, therefore the levels would be very low using FMU and they build up in your urine from about 11am onwards that is why you don't test first thing. HCG is the other way around and concentrates in your urine as you sleep although I always got better hpy lines using SMU.

Rachel - I hope you get some relief after being seen today, teh eye has lots of nerve ending that is why is can be so painful.

Kelsey - only 1 pee break. I am up 2-3 times per night!

Lindsey -last day today? Hope things are still settled and now more contractions.

Yay team blue Sam! So exciting! Glad you had a nice scan! Will you get another before the pregnancy is over?

My doc appt is tm so potentially tm is my last day! Still having a lot of cramping and I had two more contractions two nights ago! I have everything crossed they'll tell me I'm progressing tomorrow but I don't think I've dropped and I can't find my cervix still so I can't be making toomuch progress just yet lol

Awhh!!! So happy for you Sam!! Is your hubby super excited?!? I'm glad everything is looking great with your baby. Any idea on a name?!

Aww Sam!!! Do you have any pictures?!?! I hope, I can't wait to see them if you do! I can't wait to hear name ideas :) So glad that everything is perfect, must be such relief.
And Sam, thank you for your explanation of the OPKs, it was perfect :) Oh and yes, only once a night! I guess I'm a lucky one?
Oh my crap Linds, I totally thought for some reason your appt was today!!! Well if you're having cramping and occasional cramping, must be making some progress! Wonder what you'll be dialated tomorrow when they check yoU!!!
Oh Rachael, glad you have an appt today---let us know how it goes!
SAM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! (Although I was way off, TOTALLY thought girl for some reason).

Just popping in quick during my lunch break...

Sam- congrats!!! I am so happy for you!!!

I just did an OPK at about 11:30am. The second line is still VERY light but I think it's slightly darker than yesterday. I am trying to attach a pic to see what you girls think, how do I do that?

Jess - go advanced, the click on teh paperclip when the new page opens. It will open up new window where you need to browse for your pic, then click upload. Once up loaded you can close that window then reclick the paperclip and file name will appear which when clicked will be added to your post.

If your line is getting a bit darker then I'd start testing 2 x per day. The line has to be as dark as the control line to be +ve. When do you normally ov?

This is boy smartie. Maybe I should change my name to bluesmarties now!!

IMAG0278.jpg

Aww look at that lil nose! Looks like he's sucking on his lower lip :) ttooooo cute!!

Sam - what a great pic, and that little nose. You can't change your screen name.. you are the pink smartie and now you have a blue smartie too!!! :thumbup:

Oh - and Happy 21 weeks today!!!!

Thanks for the info on the OPK. I will try to post a pic below. I took another this afternoon and I think it was lighter than the one I did this morning...???

Here's the one from 11:30am.

Attachments

• OPK 071112 1130A.jpg
    OPK 071112 1130A.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 7
It does make a difference how concentrated your urine it. TBH I was quite dehydrated for the 3 days or so I tested then drnk loads in teh evenig after the last test, so that might explain why the later one was lighter. Hopefully todays will show thigs a little darker.

Rachel - how did you get on with the Dr appointment.

No more scans for me now unless we go private and get a 3D one done around 28 weeks., but I see the community mw every 4 weeks or so from now on.

Excited for your OPK today Jess! Should be getting darker any day now! I did the smiley ones but you can still see the lines when you take them out of the holder and mine was REALLY light until I got the positive one and that one was super dark and then the very next day it was back to super light, so it can sneak up on you!

Sam - still so excited for you! are you glad you guys found out now?? You guys were thinking about keeping it a surprise, right?? That baby's going to be here before ya know it!

Rach - how was the doctor's appointment???

Kelsey and Mel - how you ladies doing?? when are your next scans? gender scans?? Not that Kelsey will be finding out - I'm so impressed!!

AFM - doctor's appointment this afternoon - wish it were this morning but ohwell! Means a short day at work at least! Keep your FX'd for me that I've started effacing/dilating! I don't know though, I think I might be getting my hopes up that something is happening! My mom couldn't deliver vaginally because of a deformed pelvis so neither me or my brother ever "progressed". But, on a good note, she never got any cramping or contractions so maybe that means I'm made up differently than her - no one else in her family had that problem.

Girls - here's my pic from today at noon. It's darker!!! What do you girls think...? Since we DTD last night, should we do it again tonight or wait a day?

Attachments

• OPK 071212 12pm.JPG
    OPK 071212 12pm.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g