1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

Jess - I saw your temp dipped this morning - you still worried about the CT scan? I think it would be fine but I can understand why you've got it on your mind. What kind of car did your mom get? Sounds so exciting! and yes! I'm so excited for this new house. I know we'll outgrow it in a few years but it's perfect for us now. It's a ranch style house so no more running up and down the stairs for Oakley and it has a huge basement for when he gets bigger he can have all his toys down there and all our friend's kids can play down there too.

Mar - temping is a way to tell if you've ovulated or not. You take your temperature at the same time every morning before you get out of bed with a special thermometer called a basal body thermometer. Once your temperature rises typically halfway through your cycle then you've ovulated. It's a great way to have an idea of when to expect AF. If you go to www.fertilityfriend.com (there is a link in my signature that will take you to my chart - I don't temp anymore right now as we're not actively trying) but on the left hand side it says "My Chart" click on that and you can get started. It take a little bit of the guessing out of TTC! :)

Lindsay your new house sounds perfect! A big play area for the kids and all their toys that is OUT of the way sounds awesome! lol. Also more room for that new baby you're secretly wanting to have ;)

Mar i think Lindsay summed it up pretty well. I never really new what temping was either but these girls helped me along the way and gave me a better understanding with it. It's actually fun to do it. You get so anxious the last week of your cycle, hoping your temps keep rising (meaning you could be PG).

Jessie i am SOOO jealous that you get to go on the boat. It's SO cold here. Like 25 degrees. It's gonna warm back up for like a day but then the temps are gonna drop again. I hope you have a lot of fun and relax time. You've been going through a bit of stress lately and need a stress reliever! Enjoy it.

Well i hope i can go FT for the insurance part, but i really dislike my job lol. I swear i was meant to be a stay at home mommy ;) So Andrew and i decided we're going to use our income tax money to put towards a wedding. Only thing that sucks is i won't be able to have it in August like i'd like because we're gonna do it in the off season so it's cheaper. We're thinking Jan/Feb of 2014!! That's very exciting for me. What would be even more exciting is having a baby in my tummy when i walk down the aisle. :haha:

Aw Rach - fingers crossed for you you have that baby in your belly when you walk down the aisle! I saw on facebook you get to go full time!! I can't wait for you to go talk to the doctor and see what's going on!

Jess - OMG your temp looks great this morning!! when are you going to test?!?!

AFM - little O is sleeping and we're doing some work on the house - think I'm going to start packing up a few things so we can move some furniture we don't want over to my MIL's! So exciting!! I'm sitting here drawing out my new kitchen too :p Our house that we're in now is looking so amazing now that we're finally finishing it! It's a little disappointing as this is how I've wanted it for YEARS and now it's finally like this and then we're going to leave it but we get to start all over again and do it in another house and that will be exciting too! This new house will be more fun too since we're in a better financial situation than we were when we moved in here!

Oooo Jess!! Another temp rise!!! I'm getting excited for you. If your temp stays up tmrw PLEASE test!!!!! :haha:

Lindsay how exciting to start packing! I imagine your new kitchen will look amazing as well. What theme do you use? I want to do mine in old country vintage rustic stuff! I think it's so pretty like that :) Happy 6 months to little Oakley!!! One more round of that and he'll be 1!

Oh and Kels, Khloe is BEAUTIFUL! Them professional pictures are just breath taking. She's adorable and has the most beautiful eyes i've ever saw! She looks JUST like you.

Mar – Lindsay explained the temping pretty well, I actively temp and have been for a long time so you can click on the ticker in my signature and you can see my current chart (and even my old ones). I feel so lost on what’s going on with my body when I don’t temp. It’s a great tool and gets more accurate each month you use it predicting your fertile days and when day you’ll ovulate. You can also enter things on how you’re feeling, cervical mucus, etc. It’s really a great tool. I had no idea when to start BDing when I first starting trying. Now it’s pretty easy with the temping and watching the patterns in my cycles. It’s great to have others look too and help so if you start, post your link and we will stalk!! :winkwink:

Lindsay – Happy 6 months to Oakley! Gosh he’s a little man already! The new house sounds great! I can’t wait to see some pics! So is it all 1 floor? I would love to have a basement!! I hate having to put stuff in an attic down here as hot as it gets in Florida! So great that Kirk is so handy! I can't remember but are you selling your current house or renting it? My mom got an Acura TL (same car as Chris has). I am so happy for her. Not sure if I told you guys but she has really been bugging me about a Mercedes. I really did not want her to get one due to the expensive maintenance. When she starts just relying on Social Security I did not want her to get into expensive repairs as the car gets older. Everything is 3x as expensive in a Mercedes!

Rach – read on FB about you going full time!! That is sooooo great!!! :yipee: I can’t wait for you to get to the doctor and figure out what’s going on! We have to get you pregnant this year!!! That’s great you guys are going to start wedding planning too, it’s going to be an exciting year for you, I can feel it. Sorry your job sucks, but to be honest, they ALL suck, so just stick with it so you can get the things you want!

Sam, Kelsey, Mel – how are you girls doing? I just love seeing the pics on FB!
Kelsey – those professional pics of Khloe are so great.
…and Mel – you look like you’ve been doing a lot of shopping for Lexi!! All the little outfits are so cute! When do you have time to fit it all in???

AFM – we had an awesome weekend out on the boat. The weather was just perfect, calm seas and got pretty hot during the day. I am actually a little red today. I am shocked about my temps still being up but I really don’t feel any different. I should have tested this morning but I forgot and I don't think I have any tests. I am going to pick up some cheap tests tonight on my way home and maybe take one later this evening and tomorrow.

Jess - I can't wait for you to test tonight!! I'm so glad you guys had a great weekend on the boat - it looks amazing! Kirk was jealous too! I'm pretty sure we would move somewhere like Florida if all of our family wasn't right here in the DC area! The new house is all one level with a basement that is the same size as the upstairs. The house is only 1050 square feet, so it's going to be a big adjustment from this house (1900 sq. ft) at first but once we finish the basement we'll be up to 2100 sq. ft, so I think it'll be fine just a bit of an adjustment at first. It's going to be great not having to go up and down stairs to get Oakley changed during the day or make bottles in the middle of the night. The baesment is also a walkout basement so we'll be adding another bedroom down there, so I think it'll be great once we're all done with it! We are renting our house so Kirk's mom's best friend - works out GREAT. We know she will take really good care of it and let us know when things need to be fixed so nothing gets out of control. Plus the market still isn't great so if we could hold onto this house for another 5 years I think we will get more of the money we put into it back out. It is a little disappointing that the house is finally looking the way I want it and now we're moving out :cry: I've always loved this house, Kirk never really did, but I'm really excited to move onto the next one too. I'm sure I'll feel the same about it as I do about this house as soon as we get a nice kitchen in there :p That's MY area of the house! haha

Mar - please do post a link to your chart if you decide to do it! Chart stalking is one of my favorites!! :)

Rach - does your insurance kick in right away?? When do you officially go FT??

AFM - we had icy weather this morning so I'm working from home today. Little O is taking his morning nap so I'm going to try to get a little work done. Later I think I'll do some painting on the work Kirk finished up this past weekend - EVERYTHING carpentry is DONE inside the house for the first time in almost 5 years!! It feels SO good!! We started in the kitchen that had some trim that needed to be finished and is now done only 4 years after that project started! haha Such a relief!

Lindsay the house sounds great. 1050 square feet is only 1050 sq feet of space to clean!!! Sounds fabulous to me. I have actually enjoyed having less space in the house we're in. I hate spending time cleaning when I could be out doing something fun. That's great you have someone you know to rent it! It would definitely be good to hold for a while longer for the market to improve.

Well girls, I took a cheapie test tonight. I think I see a very faint line but who knows. Its VERY faint! Here's a pic for you girls to see. I know evening is not the best time to test so i'll do another in the morning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 8
Omg jess that is clearly positive! I knew it! Woohoo Woohoo call that doc of yours! I'm so excited!

And yes cleaning less is going to be amazing! I'm definitely looking forward to that especially with Oakley getting bigger and having more and more toys to make a mess with lol

Mar - you gonna try temping?

I don't know girls, I took another one this morning and it was just as faint. With FMU you'd think it would be darker if it was a postive. My temps are still up though so I will see what happens over the next couple days.

Do you have a pic of the new one? I'm sure its fine - tests vary! I took so many at first and they were all really different.

Omg omg omg-typing this 1 handed so it won't be as long as I'd LIKE-BUT JESS THAT'S A BFP!!!! With the $ store tests I didn't usually get a dark until a week late. So that's a really good line!!! Test with a good one and I bet you'll have awesome lines. AAAHHHHH SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!
HI to the rest of my loves! Rach totally missed the full time announcement---congrats! I'd say you'll be preggo very soon with Jessie!!!!!

Oh and Jess if your temp dip at 12 dpo was implantation then the line you have right now would be right on! When mine dipped at I think 10 dpo I had a very faint pos on a first response test 2 days later. On a cheapie test I don't think I would have even had a positive yet. Yyaaahhh!!!!!!

Thanks girls! I did not take a pic of the one this morning because it looked so much like the one last night. I will take one with a regular HPT tomorrow and see. If I am prego it's a bit disappointing that it would be the month that everything is so darn late!! :wacko:

Jess if you're pregnant?? Girl you are!!! And don't worry about the whole late in the cycle you O'd thing. I've heard that the egg is still good up until like CD22 or something. Anything after that means bad ovulation. I didn't hear it from a doctor but i did hear it from some girl on here. Just think positive thoughts. Bring positive vibes to that bean!!!

Oh and i don't usually O until CD15-19 myself. So just hang in there. Maybe a late O is a GOOD thing!!! Maybe that's the key ingredient to a rainbow baby :)

Jess CD18 isn't that late! I think that's normal for a LOT of girls and I heard the same as rach that doctors don't think anything CD22 or less is anything to worry about. Can't wait for the test tm and I hope you'll officially put the positive test in your chart! Woohoo! :)

Thanks girls! I got my regular test ready to go for the morning. We'll see what happens.

Ok girls - here's the morning pic. It definitely looks like a positive but its light!!! I haven't been taking my progesterone so I am starting this morning (Don't really think it would have made a difference with the chromo problems but I am taking it anyway). What do you girls think I should do about going to the doctor? I want to go in but on the other hand maybe I should just wait until about 7-8 weeks and just see what happens.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g