1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

Lindsay - they said 4 months to completion from when they actually start so I am thinking we will close sometime in October! I don't care as long as we get in before The holidays! I don't want to spend this Christmas like the last one!!! It has been nice not having and bills though to offset the cost of all the new stuff we have to buy too! That reminds me I need to check out the appliance sales this weekend, even though we're not ready to buy yet, I still want to watch the prices on the ones we want.

Your house is looking great! I bet it's so nice to get all new stuff. We had Corian countertops at our last house with the Corian seamless sink and it was really nice! We did granite this time so I hope it will be ok, I keep hearing horror stories about stains etc. I can totally understand why you want to stay home, you're so close now, it will be nice to get it all done!

Well I posted a couple pics on FB of the lot. It looks so much bigger now that the trees are down! It should start to get exciting now! Well better head off to bed, another big day of studying tomorrow while Chris is out on the boat! :(

yay for being in the new house before the holidays! I bet it is nice not having bills but there is nothing like having your own place! How did studying go? Your exam is Thursday? Do you take a day or two off before the exam from studying? Hope you can relax this weekend!
We got a lot of work done on the house but it didn't seem like enough! I'm always disappointed at the end of the weekend but we are sooo close!! I was hoping to get paint on the walls yesterday but we only got to primer and some trim paint but we will be painting throughout the week this week. Too bad the temperature is going to skyrocket tomorrow and we don't have our HVAC system installed yet - hope it won't mess with the paint drying! We have a couch coming on Saturday - sooo excited to have a functional living room and kitchen by Monday!

How was everyone else's weekend?

Sorry I've been missing. My computer crashed and it took us two weeks to buy a new one and NOW here I am.

I was just trying to catch up on what I missed.

Monday I see the OB for the first time. June 17th we have our 20 week US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh my goodness Mar!! how exciting!! Any thoughts on whether you're having a boy or girl??? Did you do the chinese gender calendar thingy?? it was actually right for me so I told DH we can only get pregnant on girl months next time, haha! Although I would be 100% happy with another boy it would just be fun to have one of each! How are you feeling??

Hey girls! Sorry i haven't been able to update ya on AF, but the witch came :grr: It's weird though just like last month. It's been very light for about a week now. No heavy bleeding yet. I have my appt. on Monday. Not too far away! Hoping to get some answers.

Jess was your test this past Thursday?! If so how do you think it went?
Rach sssoooo excited for your appt on Monday! Update ASAP!

Rach how was your appointment??

Met the OB - everything went really well. I'm measuring 18 weeks and we FINALLY heard the heartbeat :) 166 per minute. She found it in the exact location I've been feeling what I thought was movement... now I can be sure. What a sigh of relief!!!

Two weeks until US.

Great news Mar!! Higher heartbeat - maybe a girl?! Any thoughts on what you think you're having?? The 20 week scan is the best too! Super long because they look at everything <3

Jess - how was your exam? I hope you relaxed this weekend! Looks like you had a nice time on the boat!

that's great Mar!! the chinese predictor was correct for me too :)
Rachael---dying to hear about your appt! And wow, you're really on a kick with your weight loss!! Sooo proud of you, sounds like you are doing sooo good. I bet it will even help you get pregnant faster.
Jess--how was the test? Getting close to OV!
Lindsay---your house is looking awesome. Bet it doesn't even look like the same house!

Kels - how are you doin??? we need an update on you too :) and yes! the house is completely unrecognizable! there is only one tiny section of wall in a stairwell that hasn't been painted that shows the grossness that was this house before we bought it - I'm having a hard time remembering what it used to look like - which is a very good thing!!

Jess - temp rise this morning but I'll be curious to see what the next few days bring! How you doin??

Rach - I'm dying to hear about your appointment too!!

Mel, Sam and Mar - hope you ladies are doing great!

AFM - it was a sad day yesterday at a nearby daycare that a couple of my friends take their kids to - a baby stopped breathing (no one that I know but Kirk went to high school with the family) and the baby didn't make it :( This is the second family to suffer from SIDS that went to high school with Kirk. So incredibly heartbreaking. I had to have gone in to check on Oakley 10 times last night...
On a better note - we get countertops today! I'll have a fully functional kitchen within 24hrs!! *sigh* it's been a long road with this house but it's finally coming to an end!!

I've also heard higher heart rate is girl... but then you have that ONE person who says "well my son...". Anyways the Chinese gender predictor said GIRL for me too. Less than two weeks and hopefully our babe cooperates :thumbup:

Aw - I'm going to bet girl :) Oakley's heart rate settled pretty early - I'd have to go check my journal to remember exactly, but I know it was at least by week 20, but we knew he was a boy by week 14 because I was high risk and getting scans every two weeks from 12 weeks on, so we were very spoiled with getting to see him!

Hi Girls! Sorry I have been MIA - its been nuts here!

Mar - great news about your appointment!!! :yipee: can't wait until your 20 week scan!

Lindsay - the house is looking awesome!!! I don't know how you guys have time to do all that work!!! Have you posted any recent pics on FB? I need to check.

Mel - Happy Birthday girl! :cake: Hope you are getting spoiled today!!! How are things going with TTC #2?

Kelsey - We need an update from you!

Rach - can't wait to hear about your appointment. I hope that doc can figure out what's going on, at the very least it will be good for you to have your well woman exam.

Sam - if you are stalking :wave:

AFM - took my exam Thursday. :grr: There were 4 parts to it... first part was easy and it got harder the farther I got into it. My the last part I was a complete mess. I have no idea how I did. I am pretty upset about it after all of my weeks of studying. I am torn whether I am hoping I passed and continue this torture or hoping that I failed so I can throw in the towel LOL. Either way, the scores are scheduled to be released on Monday. We’ll see.

Regarding the house, not too much news yet. They told us last week that the permit was ready and that we would be actually starting this week but as of today they still have not damn picked up the permit from the county!!!! It’s really been a bunch of BS the way they are dragging this out!!! Chris is so fed up he’s about to blow his top over the whole thing and on top of that during one of our weekly contacts from Chase yesterday (who we are doing our mortgage through) they asked again about the closing date and advised that it looks like the rates are going to start going up. This really has Chris fuming so he sent an email yesterday to the builder and we are still waiting on a response. It really shouldn’t be like this when you are spending this much money!!!

I guess I should be O'ing soon. I have been doing OPK's, the one 2 days ago was darker than the last 2 days none of them were as dark as the control line. Do you think that's normal? Maybe it has to do with urine concentration? We have been getting some BDing in just in case, and I will try to keep it up until I can tell for sure I've O'd. I have been trying to check CM too but its hard to tell today with the BDing last night. :wacko:

Morning ladies!

Jess - keep up the BD! You doing OPKs every day? The nice smiley ones?? I bet you did great on your exam! How many more will you have if you pass? Construction can be SO frustrating!! You had your last house built for you, right? Did that stay on schedule? You can't get your loan until they break ground? Do you worry about hurricanes where you are? Could hurricane season set you guys back?

AFM- I will have a fully functional kitchen by tonight!! Everything is in place, now Kirk just has to finish hooking everything up! :) I'm so so excited!

On a sadder note - Kirk found out the baby that died of SIDS two days ago was his friend's from high school. This is the second of his friends from high school that have had a baby die of SIDS - I didn't think it was that common?! Needless to say - Oakley got a lot of kisses yesterday!

Lindsay - I was doing the line OPKS until today when I started the smilie ones. I got a smilie this morning! :thumbup: If I pass this exam I have 3 more to take!! :wacko:

Yes, we did build our last house as well. Last time it was as the boom was starting so there were some delays but the problem this time is the lack of communication and the delays for no reason!!! I think they have been delaying us so they can build a few homes at the same time. Its really frustrating! We had to get pre-approved for the loan before they would start. Yes, we definitely worry about hurricanes and its supposed to be a bad year. I am sure that will cause some delays. Hopefully once they get the roof on, rain won't be an issue for inside stuff. We actually just had a lot of rain today from tropical storm Andrea that passed by us. Probably headed your way now.

Chris went by the lot today to take some pics and they were pulling out the final root parts of the trees they cut down. Hopefully we are still on track to start next week.

That's terrible able the baby with SIDs. I did not think it was that common either. Yeah about the kitchen, what is next? Are all the bathrooms fully functioning?

Yea Andrea is going to hit us today I think - we had some rain yesterday but I think that was a cold front from the west and unrelated to the tropical storm. They said the winds have died down and it will just be a lot of rain for us. Yea, the news is on now and they just said the rain we have right now is just the beginning of Andrea - someone said we're supposed to get 3 inches of rain which is a lot for us at one time.
Woohoo for them getting started! I guarantee they're just trying to build multiple houses at the same time and are putting you off so they can finish something else - they always do that! I hope they get started next week for you! Is your loan all set now?
Yep - the house is pretty much done!! Both bathrooms, kitchen, every room is painted, there is just two little sections that still need flooring - one in a hallway and one at the top of the stairs. We also just have to paint the stairwell walls and finish up the HVAC and we're DONE! Well - done with the top floor :p We'll be moving onto the basement pretty quickly I'm sure, it has such potential and I would LOVE a yoga "studio".
Yay for a positive OPK! Keep up the BDing!! :) I'll be stalking your chart!

Rach - I still haven't heard about your appointment - any news???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->