1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

Hey girls! I finally did it today. I scheduled an appt with an OB-GYN! It's actually the same building i went to when i had my miscarriage. My appt is for June 3rd at 230! They did have an opening on May 28th but i'll be out of town. It's just for a pap but then i'll be able to explain to him about my troubles i've been having. I've never had a guy OB before. Do any of you? Is it weird? lol.

Lindsay - Happy Birthday!!!! :cake: Hope you are having an awesome day!! I hear you about wanting to stay home with Oakley! Obviously I don't have a little one but I do feel that way sometimes about school and moving up at work. Sometimes I feel like I just want to throw in the towel on all of it and just work a regular job with less stress and just enjoy my life doing fun things. Its so hard to stay motivated to do all this studying!!! Although I know it will be good for me in the long run.

Rach - So excited about your appt :yipee: I used to be very particular with only having women OB's but after all the testing and probing I've been through I have gotten used to both and really don't mind either. It really depends how I like the doctor. I have had some great men and some terrible women. So how you feel with them is what matters.

AFM - FF finally marked O!!! My temps really went up today, probably with the progesterone. Lindsay - I don't always get other systems, sometimes i get some dull pains in that area but not always. I didn't notice any other symptoms this month but I wish my temps would have been better. Lets hope that I did O then because BD timing would be good and that I started the progesterone at a good time.

Good Morning girls!!

Yay, Rach!! I can't wait!! That's really soon too!! Make sure you bring up what has been going on at that appointment! I can't wait to hear what they say!

Jess - woohoo for crosshairs!! I bet the progesterone did make your temp go up but that's the point of it, kinda, right? Your chart is very convincing to me that you O'd already and with perfect BD timing!! yay! :)

AFM - I had a great birthday yesterday, it was nothing special at all but I got to go order my countertops and a new fridge!! Spent so much money but it means that ALL the pieces to our kitchen are ordered!! Best birthday present EVER! Plus, our fridge is really nice, we've never had nice stuff like we've ordered for ourselves this time. We are totally a Samsung family now - we have Samsung TVs, Samsung Washer and Dryer and now a Samsung Fridge! haha!

and yes, Jess!! I think part of me wanting to stay home is just because I feel like there is just too much going on! I am constantly giving talks and going to conferences and I want to enjoy my life! In science, we are constantly defending our work and people are always pointing out the flaws in your work and it can get really draining. I think I just have way too much going on right now and it's clouding my thoughts in what I want to do - because all I want right now is to relax! haha. I sound lazy but it's just been tough lately with the house and thinking about doing all my school work with another baby too!

Jess - your temps are looking good!

Anyone have weekend plans? I head to Philly on Saturday which I'm both excited for and dreading. I'm excited bc I will get to see some old friends but dreading being away from kirk and Oakley for 5 days. Plus giving my task on Tuesday. I think we get wined and dined a lot at these things though so I need to try to enjoy it. I have a feeling it will be a lot tougher on kirk to have Oakley to himself than he thinks - we'll see!

Rach that's brilliant news Hun! All my ob gyns have been male lol! I'm used to it haha.

Aww Lindsay that will be tough but maybe fun at the same time. Yes your hubs will feel it with you not there but maybe he will appreciate you even more :) I hope you enjoy it.

Jess fingers crossed for a bfp this month. I so want you and rach to have your babies ASAP!

Afm I am back on a monitored cycle ttc number 2. I took clomid and steroids and I've been having scans - details are in my new journal - will post link in next post. I had 5 eggs ripening on the scan today but my lining is very thin because of the clomid so I have estrogen again. I don't need clomid to ov but doc wanted to grow some eggs to improve chances of ripening a good egg - just like what I did with lexi. So I'm back in London to see doc again on monday at 1 and then I'll hopefully get a trigger shot and release some eggs!

Hugs and kisses to you all xxx

Rach - I've had both men and women and sometimes I prefer the men bc they seem more likely to tell you how it is and not sugar coat it! The office I went to had like 7 delivering doctors and they want you to see all of them before you deliver so I saw a bunch of men doctors.

Mel - so excited for you to be ttc again! I will be stalking your journal :)

I just got done prepping the kitchen floor for kirk to lay the floors tm and our new fridge comes tomorrow too! So exciting!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...ggy-mixtures-finally-beautiful-baby-girl.html

And Lindsay happy belated birthday wishes!! :cake: ohhh what kind of fridge you getting? Ours is quite good it makes ice and filters the water :)

Hi girls - just taking a quick break from studying and popping in to say hello!

Mel - Yeah for TTC #2 hopefully now that your body is used to what needs to happen it will cooperate more easily this time!! Your FB pics are so darn cute!!

Lindsay - Hope you have a great time away although I am sure you will miss Kirk and Oakley. I know what you mean about wanting to relax. I am so ready for that. If I don't pass the exam this time I am throwing in the towel. I just want to be done with all this and enjoy life! The kitchen is looking great!!!

Rach, Kelsey, Sam, Mar - Hope you girls are doing great!! :wave:

AFM - my chart is still looking good but I don't feel any different so we'll see what happens this month. They put in the survey marks on our lot the other day and marked out the house so things should be starting now... finally! Back to studying!

Woohoo Jess! So exciting to get things started on your house :) We had pretty much all the flooring in the kitchen down by the time I left yesterday! So exciting! I'm hoping Kirk's dad will go over today and help him hang the rest of the cabinets - we'll see! I'm anxiously awaiting your temp today but I'll probably miss it as we have to head to the conference pretty early. Actually, I need to wake up one of my "roommates" now lol. I'm the early bird of the group!

Hope you all are having a nice weekend :) I'll check in later hopefully!

Good luck studying jess and I hope you get some symptoms and a dark pink line soon! Although having said that I never really had many early symptoms.

Lindsay that is SOME fridge on fb! Love it! Bet you do too :)

Rach what about suggesting clomid to your ob gyn? I think that clomid helped me in the end

Kels how are you and gorgeous khloe?

Afm a bit nervous about my next egg scan on Monday and I'm praying my lining has thickened up...

Hi girls- took a FRER this morning and still negative but my temps are still up. Now I am wondering if I O'd on CD 18/19 when I had the temperature shift instead. :shrug: What do you girls think?

My trip is going well - I get to go home today at 3 - I can't wait! My talk went really well yesterday! I'm relieved to have it over and feel like summer break has started for me :) I have a summer student that will be starting to help me mid June so I'm hoping to get a lot of work done in the next few months and not have to worry about presentations and hopefully get closer to graduating by fall.

I'm sitting down in the hotel lobby bc I get up so much earlier than the girls I'm sharing a room with. Might go back up soon and shower even though they're still sleeping. I hate that I can't just sleep for days practically like I used to when I was younger and pre-oakley :p I'm dying to see kirk and Oakley, it was a long trip to be away from them :(

I just went to the bathroom and i'm either having AF early or it's IB. Was just a tiny bit so far. If it is IB it would make sense bcz we BD'd CD24 + 25 and now i'm CD29, buttttt i may be getting AF early bcz i been working out and dieting. Trying to regulate myself. Not to mention i had AF the first 11 days of this cycle.....

Yay Rach! I have everything crossed for you! How's it lookin today??

Jess :( ! OK, next month you are BDing for a week after your + OPK! :p

Just got my countertops measured!! eeeeee I haven't been this excited in a LONG time!! They get installed a week from Monday - June 3rd - which is your appt day, right Rach?! Big days for both of us :)

So, I think we're losing Oakley's afternoon nap and it's screwing up his morning nap! I feel bad for the little booger, he gets so cranky in the afternoon but won't go down until his bed time. I'm trying to make his morning nap later and he's not a happy camper in his crib right now - think I'll try more of a bottle and see if that will help!

Happy Friday girls!! xoxo

Hi girls! Yup the witch got me!!! :( More BDing for me next month I guess because my body is totally out of whack! I picked up some OPKs with the smilie face yesterday so I am ready!!!

Rach- I hope the witch didnt get you, but if she did, we will be on the same cycle!!!

Lindsay - how exciting about your countertops! What kind are you getting? I bet you will be so glad to having a fully usable kitchen soon! Why is Oakley losing his afternoon nap?

How is everyone else! Mel your FB pics are absolutely beautiful! I am coming to visit next summer!!!

AFM - work has officially started on our house. Yeah!!! I think I told you that the surveyor was out tao mark the lot and today they took out the trees!! Chris and I will be going by tomorrow before dinner (for our 8 year anniversary) so I will have some pics to post. Other than that I have been studying like a mad person. I have been studying every night after work and weekends for the last month. This weekend is my last super push as my exam is on Thursday. So ready to get it over with, I haven't seen my boat in forever!! Any one have any big plans for the holiday weekend?

Yay Jess for the house getting started! so exciting! When is the projected finish date? I know it always gets pushed back - always takes longer than ya think!
We are getting "HI-MACS" countertops. They're like Corian if you've ever heard of those. It's the same thing as Corian just made from another company. They had a promotion for a free seemless sink, so we went with that.
Oakley's losing his afternoon nap just cuz he's getting older and sleeping better at night, I think. Yesterday he did end up going down twice and went down pretty early this morning, so I'm hoping he will take an afternoon nap too, otherwise he's just miserable for the last couple hours before bed - which is exhausting for us too!
The smiley OPKs are the best!! Love those ones!

Rach - hoping the witch isn't with you now!

Mel - cute pics on facebook :) Lexi is just adorable!!

Kels and Sam - hope you two are doing well! miss you ladies!

Mar - how you doin?!

AFM - we were going to go down the eastern shore to stay at Kirk's parent's house this weekend on the water but it's kind of chilly this weekend and we are getting so close to being done with the house that we just couldn't go! We ordered a new couch and a reclining chair yesterday! They're arriving next Saturday so now we REALLY need to get everything done! I can just feel the mood lifting in the house this weekend though, we are so close that both Kirk and I are really starting to relax a bit - it's nice!!

Hope everyone else has more exciting plans for the long weekend!! :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->