1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

Thanks Lindsay - I hope its a good sign but I really think its just the progesterone. When it wears off I start to feel better. I felt like total crap this morning, I haven't put the progesterone in yet today and now I am feel better. Ugh, its so frustrating. My next appointment/scan is Friday.
We don't have a closing date set yet but our GC said he thinks end of October/beginning of November.

You've never gotten sick from the progesterone before though right? Can't wait to hear about the scan...how far along will you be by then? Did you stop temping?

Wow, that's not long at all for the house!

Rach - sorry Af gout you but that fact the last 2 cycles have been a much shorter length has got to be a good thing. NTNP spounds like a great plan and you never know what can happen when you relax about it all.

Linds - hope Oakley feel better soon. Are you giving him a sippy cup at night or nothing at all?

Jess - the nausea was the most debilitating think for me, all day every day. One of my work colleagues ended up being admitted for HG. Did you speak to the Drs about getting something for it?

Mar - hope the glucose test went ok. Its not something we routinely do over here.

Hi happily and kels.

No girls, I have taken progesterone during pregnant and non-pregnant cycles in the past and never felt nauseous. It's terrible and lasts all day long. The doctor did prescribe some Zofran so I am hoping it helps, I just took my first one. I need to start studying again this week but I feel so awful!

Sam - what did you do to help with the nausea?

Lindsay - I was 7 weeks this past Friday so I will be 8 weeks at my appointment. Yes, I stopped temping because I didn't want to be analyzing every temperature change.

Jess that's a smart idea about the temping. All sounds great so far! I can't wait for the scan. I hope the medicine makes you feel lots better! Or at least to where you can eat something without feeling bleh! I'm going to send you many prayers for your scan and i am praying for the absolute best!! <3 <3

My AF is so weird. Spotted the first day, was extremely light the 2nd and today it's nonexistent. :shrug:

Rach - AF might be light for you with the weight loss but I think its great. Having the shorter cycles will be good too. Are you planning to see the doctor anymore or were you just going to have your annual exam?

I agree Rach, I think it's a great sign that your cycles have been so much shorter the last couple cycles. Are you going to wait until after the wedding to talk to the doc about fertility?

Jess - well I will take that as a good sign even if it is the progesterone making you feel sick this time! They told me it was the HcG that makes you feel sick but who knows! I can't wait to see your scan pic! and I'm glad you're not temping anymore! I had to stop temping after a couple weeks because I just overanalyzed everything and it wasn't worth it! When is your next exam?

How's everyone else doing? Hope your glucose comes back normal Mar!

Happily - did AF show yet?

Sam - I give Oakley a sippy cup throughout the day and try to really encourage it at night but he just doesn't want it at all. I'm struggling with it so much and I talked to a pediatrician about it yesterday at work and they said when he realizes he's not going to get a bottle anymore he'll take the sippy cup and to try to let him cry it out at night when he wakes up because he doesn't need anything at night. I did that Sunday night and he settled within 5 minutes by himself but last night after 10 minutes and sounding like a siren was going off in our house I had to go to him and he wouldn't settle unless I gave him a bottle so I caved last night. So, I don't know what to do. I guess I'll try to let him settle himself every night and if it goes more than 10 minutes then I'll go try to calm him and if that doesn't work then I'll have to give him a bottle. It just kills me to hear him scream, I feel physically nauseous!

Rach - not sure why Af is a bit short this time. Are you seeing the ob again?

Jess - I didn't take anything for it, just ate little and often but even then that only eased it rather than it going away. I think it is the hcg that cause the nausea and as it rises it cause more sickness then the body gets used to the new level and symptoms eases a bit before the next surge.

Linds - hearing them cry is so hard but maybe giving him a bottle after 10 minutes is too soon. How is OH when Oakley cries?, maybe he can try to settle him a bit longer. I can't remember if you said is this milk or just water?

AF is def here today. :grr: I think i may hold off on seeing OB until after wedding. Maybe have Andrew have a SA, but that's it for now. We'll see :shrug:

Hope you all are doing great! :thumbup:

I have been the one holding out longer than kirk lately. He doesn't see why we need to stop the bottles yet. We bave changed a lot all at once so I'm thinking I might try a bottle at night for another week and then try again to not give it. We went from 3 bottles a day and two naps to no bottles and 1 nap within a week or two so since he's really not doing great with the sippy cups maybe we should take a step back. Hes a stubborn one already! I'm not surprised based on me and kirk!

Rach - glad af is being more normal, hope she's not too rough for you!

Jess - hope you're feeling ok today! The doc told me too that hcg gives the nausea and when it stabilizes and the placenta takes over is when you start feeling better so it could just be coincidence with the progesterone for you but who knows.

I don't know, I googled the side effects of the progesterone and it says that it can cause nausea. I hate to take something but it was really getting unbearable. I am just taking the meds as needed.

Lindsay - do you think Oakley will scream much longer than 10 minutes if you let him keep going? (I can imagine it would be hard) but maybe it would only take him a few times to realize that someone is not coming with a bottle.

I don't know...it just seems like he keeps getting louder and louder. Maybe I'll go five more minutes every night. I will have to do that at some point! haha I can't keep getting up every night when there is no reason for him to get up in the middle of the night. He's drinking out of a sippy cup as I type write now!! eeeee!! that's what I worry most about is that he's not getting enough fluid so probably why I'm more willing to give in in the middle of the night. I was starting to get really antsy to try to have another but after all this with Oakley lately I'm more inclined to wait until he's a bit more self-sufficient but we'll see - I'm getting my mirena out at my yearly in October and I don't plan on going on the pill and I think we will just avoid BD during O time but not worry about getting pregnant since we do want another. Well, for the first couple months after I get it out we will use condoms as I'm sure that thing messes up your uterus - wouldn't want to get pregnant right after getting it out, but after that we would just avoid O times and see what happens. I just want to be natural for a little while!
That stinks about the progesterone! I would take something if I were you - I didn't but the doc told me it can be better for the baby as you eat more and don't have stress hormones in your body if you feel better so don't worry about taking something!

Linds -I agree with you about waiting a week then giving it a fresh try, there was a lot going on at once. In someways I am a bit better at letting Benjamin cry than Oh is, he is annoying me atm because he is letting him fall asleep in his arms after his evening/bedtime bottle and I want to make sure Benjamin can learn to fall asleep on his own. I understand about waiting. When the times are hard with Benjamin I can't see myself having another but during the good times I think 'well maybe'!!

Jess - I would take something to help you if you need it as my friend ended up being admitted to hospital with dehydration due to HG, so better to prevent it if possible.

Rach - glad AF arrived proper (iykwim) rather than being worried with those few days spotting.

afm - had the worst night in a long time. Longest sleep break was 2 hrs, He was screaming/screeching everytime he woke, throwing his lovie blanket and even pushing to get out of my arms so I was finding it difficult to cuddle and calm him. I did give him calpol/teething gel but not sure it really helped (not sure even if it was teething :wacko:). Finger crossed tonight is better.

Sam - sorry you had a rough night! I hate when I try to calm Oakley and he pushes me away but I LOVE the snuggles! Lately all I get is him pushing me away, so I think that's why it's been so difficult with this bottle thing. He's had a great day with his sippy cup so I'm debating trying again tonight with no bottle but not sure. Probably best to go one week with the night time bottle and (hopefully) get some sleep and try again next week. I had a few times I gave Oakley advil even though I wasn't sure if he was really teething or he was just having a bad night. It always seemed to help but I think I always ended up giving it to him once he was exhausted :/ I figure it can't hurt!! Hope you get some sleep too! I am like that too with trying for another - whenever Oakley is being good, I really want one but I'm def in a "we can wait" mode right now!!!

Hi Girls.

Jess the diclecton REALLY helped me. It suggested taking them as need on my pill bottle, but I only took one a bedtime because otherwise I would have slept 24/7.

AFM the gluclose test was SUPER boring but I wont know my results until I see my OB on the 26th. I'm sure I'm fine... Hopefully I am because mostly I don't want to drink that yucky McDonald's early 90's version of orange juice again. lol

Oh Sam - sorry you had a rough night. Things get even harder to deal with when you haven't had any sleep! I hope it's better for you tonight! How much more time of maternity leave do you have?

Lindsay - glad you had a good day with Oakley today.

Rach - Congrats on booking your date!!

Mar - how are you feeling?

Happily - how are things going?

Mel, Kelsey - :wave:

I am going to sound like a big complainer (sorry!)... :shrug: Today I had a pretty rough day, not feeling well, tired (I'm up a couple times a night to pee) and my stomach feels so hard and clothes so tight that I was just so uncomfortable today. Chris and I got home from work at 6pm and went right to bed. I slept for 2 hours! Looking forward to my appointment Friday to see how things are going.

Yay, Jess! I love hearing you complain! I'm sorry you feel so awful but it will all be worth it!! I can't wait to hear all about your scan tomorrow. What time is it your appointment?? I remember coming home and going straight to the couch and not moving (unless I was getting up to pee/puke lol).

Oakley slept through the night last night and we gave it one more try without giving him a bottle last night so yay!! success! We decided to not give him a bottle last night because he was doing really well with the sippy cup yesterday. I still don't think he's drinking enough and I know my doctor says he'll learn to but it just makes me nervous. One day at a time!

Jess i think your feelings of being uncomfortable is a very good sign!! Hard belly, clothes tight.... WOOHOO!!!!! I can not wait for tmrw!!! You'll have to let us know EVERYTHING!!

Lindsay i'm glad Oakley had a good day yesterday weening from the bottle. I don't think my sister had too much problem weening her twins from it. I think by you not giving him the bottle at all yesterday is very good because maybe he will slowly forget about it (we only hope, right?). Good luck! I'm assuming he's feeling better?

Sam i'm so sorry you had a bad night. I can only imagine how hard it is to comfort a child when they only wanna push you away. Let's hope you have a better night tonight! Benjamin is absolutely precious!! I love the new avatar.

Mar, Happily, Kels, Mel i hope you are doing good!!

I got my invitations made. They look so professional lol. I bought a kit, but printed them off my computer. I am so excited doing all this planning. Soooo much fun! I wish i had this for a job lol. Today marks 10 years ago that Andrew and i first started talking! The 18th will be when we started dating. Hard to believe it's been that long. Ugh as far as my weight goes... i am at a standstill again. Everytime i get to like 75, 65, 55, 45 my weight stops for like 10 days. It fluctuates from 75-73, 65-63 and so on. grrr! I'll get there. I am SOOOOO happy to have this whole weekend off. I only have Saturdays off until further notice, but i had to request Sunday off too for Andrews family reunion. Ahhh i can't wait for today and tmrw to get over with.

Jess i think your feelings of being uncomfortable is a very good sign!! Hard belly, clothes tight.... WOOHOO!!!!! I can not wait for tmrw!!! You'll have to let us know EVERYTHING!!

Lindsay i'm glad Oakley had a good day yesterday weening from the bottle. I don't think my sister had too much problem weening her twins from it. I think by you not giving him the bottle at all yesterday is very good because maybe he will slowly forget about it (we only hope, right?). Good luck! I'm assuming he's feeling better?

Sam i'm so sorry you had a bad night. I can only imagine how hard it is to comfort a child when they only wanna push you away. Let's hope you have a better night tonight! Benjamin is absolutely precious!! I love the new avatar.

Mar, Happily, Kels, Mel i hope you are doing good!!

I got my invitations made. They look so professional lol. I bought a kit, but printed them off my computer. I am so excited doing all this planning. Soooo much fun! I wish i had this for a job lol. Today marks 10 years ago that Andrew and i first started talking! The 18th will be when we started dating. Hard to believe it's been that long. Ugh as far as my weight goes... i am at a standstill again. Everytime i get to like 75, 65, 55, 45 my weight stops for like 10 days. It fluctuates from 75-73, 65-63 and so on. grrr! I'll get there. I am SOOOOO happy to have this whole weekend off. I only have Saturdays off until further notice, but i had to request Sunday off too for Andrews family reunion. Ahhh i can't wait for today and tmrw to get over with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->