1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

Omg yyyaaayyy jessie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just knew it would be all good :) :) :) :cloud9: :happydance::hugs: So come on, what baby girl names do you guys have in mind?? I love the name game :) I so remember though, not wanting to think about names, not wanting to do nursery stuff, not wanting to do anything baby related until I really felt safe...but ya know what, I didn't feel safe until after the delivery. So just try and embrace it, and accept this is the real deallll!!!! :) :) So excited and happy for you. Can't wait for your bump pictures and all the milestones. How have you been feeling? Better?
Mar, love the pics! So pretty---and such a cute lil bump---you stayed so small and cute--JEALOUS! :) How scary about the contractions! How have you been feeling now? Bed rest would be awful, so just take it easy.
Awe Linds, how cute is O gonna be in that outfit!!! Can't wait to see pictures. I think I'll dress Khloe up, just not sure as what yet...
Rach glad the bleeding is done...looking forward to a fresh start so hope AF comes quick. I can only imagine how hard it is with all the stress going on to keep weight off, much less loose it---so GO YOU for losing 7 lbs with everything you have going on. so proud of you babycakes!! :kiss:
Sam---how's Benjamin feeling?
Mel---how are you feeling hun---want some bump pictures!

AFM-Wedding went good! Khloe was way overtired after a crazy busy day so she screamed all the way....but it was a nice day with family. I think I finally OV'd on like CD 25-27 or some crazy late day. But, at the wedding on Saturday I pumped in the morning and then didn't have time again ( I was only doing 1 morning and 1 night pump anyway) so on the way home at midnight I was beyond tired so I just decided I was done pumping. Well, Sunday around 6 I couldn't stand the pain anymore, so I pumped. Then last night I thought, well I'll just keep my night pumps, so I pumped and only got like 3 oz so I think I got my supply way low so hopefully I can be done now. I don't plan on pumping at all today/tonight so hopefully I wake up tomorrow and I still feel ok. Pray for no mastitis! That's my biggest fear. I can't even tell you what a relief it is to not have to be hooked up to the pump anymore. That's another whole hour I get to spend with Khloe :) Jess you asked about the job, I don't start training until October 8th---even though it's effective Sept 8th. i don't think I'll like it anymore than this job, but at least I'll get paid more for doing it. So we'll see.....hope it's not a ton more stressful and something I'll regret.
AGAIN, JESSIE SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! :happydance:

Lindsay - just saw the Halloween costume - sooooo cute!!!

Kelsey - that is a late O for you! Has it been like that or are you just now tracking? Hope you stop producing milk quickly and dry up so you don't have to worry about the mastitis anymore. Haven't really thought too much about names yet.

Rach - hope AF comes quickly for you so we can get you on clomid and get you preggers!!

Kelsey - hope you're done too! You know what really helps (it sounds really weird, so get ready!) but cold cabbage straight on your boobs makes them feel SO much better while you're drying up! So, if you need to pump this morning then grab some on your way home from work tonight, it really does help.

Jess - When is your next scan??? 20 weeks? or do we get every two week scans with you?! It took Kirk and I FOREVER to settle on Oakley. Even once we picked it we were still discussing names and just yesterday Kirk said we need to start thinking of both girl and boy names because we're going to need more than a pregnancy to come up with another name we agree on and that is as "awesome" as Oakley haha quoting him!

There's an explosion of newborns and now pregnancy announcements on my facebook- NOT helping my baby fever!!! ahhhh!! Even Oakley's second cousin that was born on the same day as him is going to be a big brother!

I have an appointment at 16 weeks (no scan) then one at 18 weeks with the high risk doctor which includes a scan and a consult. It seems like forever for a scan!!! I am wondering if I should try to get in for one sooner. I should have probably asked for them to book me for one in between those appointments but when she said I'd be coming back in a month I didn't realize there would be no scan that day. Maybe I can see if they will scan me when I'm there.

I'd ask! My Dr. knew how worried I was so she would bring a little portable scan with her to our monthly appts and although it was a crappy screen and not detailed, it at least gave us the reassurance that the baby's heart was still beating and the baby was still moving around. the last month or 2 is first when I started tracking because AF was coming SO LATE. I'm not sure if it's because of the mastitis or what. I did read that breastfeeding can delay OV, so idk. Now that I'm done I'll be watching it to see if OV gets earlier.

I've heard breastfeeding can prevent ovulation altogether so I bet now that you're drying up things will go back to normal. some women don't get af at all when they breastfeed I think!

jess - def ask if it will make you feel better! those early months are do tough because you can't feel them move like you can after 20 weeks or so. I'm sure they'd be willing to give you a scan at 16 weeks considering your history just to make you sleep better! as much as getting my cervix surgery sucked back in the day it was nice getting scans every 2 weeks!

Sorry not been on much we are back visiting my mum for a week.

Jess - I'd definitely ask about another scan if that will help ease your worries. I got a angelcare foetal monitor to listen to the babies hb. Luckily I could find it pretty much straight away every time from about 13 weeks but I know it can be difficult to find and so may add to your worries.

Kels - hoping ov gets back to 'normal' for you now you have stopped pumping. Linds is right about the cabbage, keep in the fridge for added soothing help.

Rach - hope next Af arrives sooner so you can get on the clomid. Well done for losing the weight too especially given every thing you are going through.

Hi Mar, mel

afm - I had my last bf on Sunday. He has been pulling and 'biting' my nipples and didn't seem that bothered so I swapped his first morning feed for a bottle. Was very sad and cried loads but at least this way I know now much he is getting now. I suppose now it means I can get a lie in once in a while as OH can get up in the morning to feed him now!

Omg Sam you're SUPER MOM for breastfeeding this long!! I stopped breastfeeding around when I went back to work at 12 weeks, and then almost entirely did just expressed milk in bottles for her. Unlike you, I didn't cry I think I celebrated :blush: Woops...
I haven't pumped now since Monday night, and I have no pain at all, think I just kind of dried up on my own. Didn't have huge supply since I was only pumping about 10-12 oz a day so I think it was just that intial pain Sunday but once I pumped and relieved the pressure my milk must have just gotten the hint and didn't come back. woohoo! :) Although the price of formula is not making me woohoo...

Aw, girls you did so good breastfeeding! I'm so proud of you guys! I hope next baby I'll be able to breastfeed longer! I pretty much only pumped and fed out of the bottle though since I had such trouble with my let-down right from the start and got such a huge oversupply from pumping too much - think that's why I had such trouble with mastitis.

Sam - I was SO emotional when I dried up, I totally felt like I had failed! But I felt better once I realized my freezer was still overflowing with milk haha. You ladies did much better and longer than I did though so maybe I would've been fine had I been able to longer. Is Ben sleeping better now???

Hope your cycles regulate better now!

Mar - how you doing, hun?! No more contractions, right?!

Rach - is there still no way we can talk you into temping again?? My chart is boring - I need a chart to stalk! :p

Hey all.

No no more consistent contractions. Still having lots of Braxtons, cramping and discomfort. I'm going to the doctor today to see about being done work. I'm EXHAUSTED and feel like crap most of the time now. I drive an hour each direction to work and then work my 9 hour day. I'm just so ready to be done. I need the note to go off on sick leave until I'm ready to start my maternity leave... and then YES! I get an entire year. :)

wow! I can't even imagine getting a year! you guys are so lucky! I think the standard minimum time here is 6 weeks... that's all my sister in law took. I think most places give 12 weeks but still it's really not much time. it has its benefits in going back to work but man is it unnatural at first and so hard

Mar - can't wait to hear about your appointment today, keep us posted! It would be great to start leave early and so jealous you get a year!!!

and... I'M OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However... my precious angel is BREECH (transverse). The little monkey. I have suspected it for weeks but my doctor just decided to fill me in today. Looks like I'll be kicking up the yoga a notch or two.

woohoo!! congrats, Mar! That's great! Bummer about being breech but you've still got some time! When do you start weekly appointments? I think I did at 36 weeks.

Happy friday to everyone else! hope you're all doing great! Happy 13 weeks, Jess!

woohoo!! congrats, Mar! That's great! Bummer about being breech but you've still got some time! When do you start weekly appointments? I think I did at 36 weeks.

Happy friday to everyone else! hope you're all doing great! Happy 13 weeks, Jess!

YEP! They suggested that I'll just start doing the once a week thing considering the issues that arose on Sunday. So my next appointment is next Thursday.
I asked my Facebook people if anyone had suggestions on getting this wee babe to flip. Its a hit! Lots of suggestions so far.

and YES JESS!!! Keep up the good work :thumbup:

As for the time off in Ontario Canada, its pretty cool. I'm not sure if every Province is the same. We have to accumulate so many working hours over so many months or have so many hours prior to starting leave. I believe its 650 hours or what worked for...5 months? I can't remember. The strange part is how much $ the Government gives you for your leave. So basically if you make over $22 per/hr, you max out what the Gov't will give you. And so unless your workplace will match the Gov't, you're stuck with only receiving 55-65% of your previous wage. So that could be a little tight for some people.

Woohoo, Mar!! so exciting!! You're so close now! I am no help with breech babies as Oakley was head down pretty much the whole time - had his little feet pushing on my right belly/ribs the WHOLE time. I miss the movement in there! It's SO weird once they're out and you don't have that anymore! At least they give you something! Some places here don't pay out maternity leave and when they do I don't think it's your full rate. I only got paid while I was out because I had secured my own funding through school when I didn't have to so they were willing to keep paying me - really lucky! But that was only for 11 weeks! Hope you can take it easy these next few weeks!

Woohoo Mar! So glad you are finally out of work! That's great about the time off and pay though. Here you can take off 12 weeks I think but only about 6 weeks of it is paid, and I think it's only about 60% of your pay. Boooo!

Oh I forgot to tell you girls... I broke down the other day and bought the Angel Sounds fetal Doppler that Sam suggested. Hopefully it provides more peace of mind than stress! Can't wait for it to get here!!!

Anyone have any big plans for the weekend? No boating for us. I have to do some studying and my mom wants to see the house so we will be going by there today.

Hey Jess.... you should post a bump pic ;) tehehehe! Happy 13 weeks! Baby plum is now a peach! And YAY to the doppler!

Glad you got the time off now Mar. We get up to a year and its great. Hope bubs turns the right way, I remember another lady on another thread googling ways to turn baby and she managed it.

Jess - I hope the doppler help relieves the stress however please don't worry if you can't hear the hb straight away. When you do get the doppler I found the hb much lower down than expected, right above the pube line. Hope you get to relax a bit and not revise too much this weekend.

Rach - how are you?

Linds - What have you been doing this weekend. :hugs: or the fb announcements. That will be you again at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->