1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

Mar - welcome home!!! Little A is adorable! So glad she's doing well and got to come home too!! Glad the BFing is going well!

Sam - glad you had a good first day back to work! Was everyone excited to see you! I imagine that you will be exhausted for a while, I'm sure it's hard to juggle everything with work too. Hope little B is feeling better.

Linds - I meant to look at your chart before I started this post, going back to look now.

AL - welcome and sorry you are finding yourself here.

AFM - had my OB appt today. No scan but they did listen to the heartbeat and said everything is looking great. My appt with the building company is tomorrow, hopefully things go well because things are moving really slow with our house now so we will definitely be looking at 2 moves (and moving in with Chris's parents) Boooo!!!

Confused: Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement. Posted my ov chart. \

Pink: Using OPKs and temping, but the OPKs are confusing... my OB/GYN warned me they might not work for me.

In general, feeling like life is against me... my husband and I are buying a house and running into all sorts of drama, today is the 2 months past the loss mark, and I'm grumpy that my chart isn't clearer. :p

I think your chart looks pretty good al! I'll keep stalking it and keep everything crossed for you! I know it can be discouraging but try to keep your head up! you'll be pregnant again before you know it :)

he's let us know how the meeting goes! sorry the builder is being such pains! glad you got to hear baby girl! when is the next scan?

Mar - yay glad you are all home now and Ariah is doing so well. Fab news about taking to the boob so well thats a big plus. She is just beautiful!!

Linds - TBH I think it totally wrong for your boss to say that to you, I know they may have your career interests at heart but still. Not sure what nuvaring is.

Jess - Hope the meeting goes well, give'em what for! You'd think they themselves would want to finish it sooner. Sorry that it is inevitable you'll have to do 2 moves, grr ~i am getting mad at them again.

AL - I think your chart looks ok, good temp rise after ov, fingers crossed it stays up!

Ugh... Woke up early this morning needing to go potty, my temp dipped .7 6 dpo. I know it was earlier than usual, but still... I don't feel estrogen-surgey, just annoyed I have to wait another day at least to see what's up... *rant done*

Sam - I don't think she's allowed to say it to me "officially" and it is really annoying and I know she's probably right but I'd like it to be my decision and not everyone elses. I think it's really unfortunate that we're still in a time like this when a woman can't have a family and not have it impact her career. Very sad. Science/Research is a very male-dominated career path so my boss will often tell me to "act like a man" because that's how she got to where she is today.

Al - did you take your temp at the same time as usual? Did you sleep well? It could also be an implantation dip!! I had one the cycle I got pregnant!

Temped 45 min early because I got up needing to pee and if I get up, no point in temping at the regular time! I've been exhausted this week and have been going to bed early, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Confused- what field are you in? I was a neurosci major in college, got so discouraged by the sexism and anti-family attitudes that I switched. Now I'm an elementary special ed teacher for severe emotional/behavioral kids. Related, but I always sort of regretted letting myself be bullied out of pure research...

I'm working on my PhD in Immunology - my thesis is more focused in pharmacogenetics - steroid effects on mucins (aka snot) at a genetic level. Trying to figure out how to tune down mucus production in patients with inflammatory lung diseases (Cystic Fibrosis, asthma, COPD, etc etc). I took a lot of crap for getting pregnant during the program but we weren't willing to sacrifice a family for anything but now I'm facing the same problem as I start looking for a job. I should graduate by June of next year so I'm hoping I will be able to get pregnant shortly after that. Our son is 15 months now and we would love to start trying again now, but we won't wait longer than his second birthday regardless of where I'm at career-wise. It's REALLY frustrating to feel like you can't do what you want because of your work. It makes me want to "rebel" and get pregnant anyways and show them I can still get a job but it would suck if I couldn't get hired!
Your job sounds fascinating! I'm sure it's really rewarding and probably a lot more family friendly! I will most likely be moving away from straight research after I'm done with my degree for more than just the not family friendly attitudes - with sequestration and the government the way it is right now, there just isn't money for research right now. My husband works in construction and that can be a risky job with the economy the way it is too, so we want me to get a more reliable job.

*sigh* that was the long winded version of what I do haha.

That sounds really interesting... I did some micro research in HS on B. cepacia, which is a really common secondary infection in CF patients. I guess we both deal with mucus in our jobs (although mine is of the child booger variety). Here's hoping my temp rises again tomorrow...

Your temp looks better this morning! Hope that was an implantation dip for you! :)

Forgot to take my temp this morning but I'm kind of crampy - expect AF today or tomorrow!

Ugh, she's such a witch!

I got some bad news by mail, apparently I'm Factor V Leiden in addition to the PCOS, so there's another strike. However... I discovered that my DH turned off the heat in our bedroom (and it's upstate NY, COLD HERE!), which might explain my screwy, low temps this past week.

For some reason, I'm feeling pretty hopeful at the moment... fingers crossed it continues!

What's Factor V Leiden?? That could definitely explain the extra low temp especially since you got up early too!

Well girls....

I just took a test and it was positive!! Kirk either has some super strong swimmers or I O'd differently than my chart says! CD18 was unprotected..I'm wondering if I O'd later than we thought.

We are THRILLED - it's bad timing but who wouldn't want another Oakley :)

CONGRATS, Confused!

Continued luck and sticky dust to you!

I've been weak... I POAS again this morning. Negative of course... what am I expecting 8 dpo??? Please nobody judge me! At least my temps went back up.

Factor V Leiden is an inherited clotting disorder... nothing too serious, but does increase miscarriage risks somewhat. I'm glad to know about it at least.

How's everyone else feeling?

Woo hoo huge congratulations linds that's fantastic news.:happydance:

All no one is going to judge you testing early we've all done it.

Congrats Lindsay! Maybe a little girl is the next to be! Aww :cloud9: Will the DD be right around Oakleys bday?!?!

Where in upstate NY do you live Al? I'm from Syracuse. :) Sorry about all the bad luck with TTC. I totally understand where you're coming from. I haven't been diagnosed with PCOS but if clomid doesn't work for me then that will probably be tested.

No positive this month. AF got me. I knew if i got a BFP it would've been a miracle because we only BD 2 days... On a brighter note... this was my first 28 day cycle. First in years!

Sorry AF got you, Rach! When do you plan to try clomid? After the wedding??

Fertility Friend due date estimator says July 21st lol so within a week of O's birthday. I kind of feel like that's not a good thing but it is what it is! haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->