1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

Oakley has woken up in a puddle of poo the past two mornings! I think it's the antibiotics... hope our boys feel better soon! I had them take my blood this morning so might not need to bother with the digi this weekend. I was tempted to do it this morning but I think it's too early for me to get it just yet. I took an frer and it's still getting darker so that gave me my fix I suppose haha. glad you got your 3+ - does that make you feel a bit better? I'm not too worried that the vomiting wasn't pregnancy related as I felt so awful yesterday, I wouldn't have been able to deal with that for another 7 weeks! I didn't get really nauseous with Oakley until around my first appt at 6 and a half weeks. I'll let you guys know the blood results tomorrow.

oh and do you guys think it's bad I had a fever for the baby? it was over 100 but never reached 101 - I had chills all day and when I got home I did the forehead thermometer we use on Oakley and it was normal and then I still was getting chills so I used my BBT and it was right around 100 and within an hour it had gotten up to 100.68 - so I took some tylenol and it came down to normal within an hour.

I am sure a small spike in temp will be absolutely fine its probably a more prolonged temp rise that will cause concern. Hope Oakley is feeling better and things have 'firmed' up!! Will you get the blood results today if you got them done yesterday?

Yea, I get my blood results today - but I've started bleeding this morning :/ Pretty sure it's done to be honest. I know some bleeding is normal but this is pretty bright red - it didn't reach my underwear but it was enough for a few wipes. Only really slightly crampy (might just be in my head) but I'll let you girls know what the results were and if the bleeding gets heavier. I had a bad feeling about this pregnancy and I guess now I know why! Kirk and I decided we will start trying again soon even though now isn't the perfect time just in case something is wrong and it takes us a while to have a successful pregnancy again.

I just want you guys to know how thankful I am for you and to have people to talk to about this that have been through it before!! All my friends just give me the blank sympathetic stare and I know that's all they have to offer but it's really nice to feel like I have somewhere to talk about this!! I know it's not officially over yet but I'm pretty confident it is.

Oh :hugs:Lindsay. I am still hoping it is a small bleed that can happen and things will still be okay but at the same time I what its like to 'know' something isn't right and have those feelings dismissed. I want to stay hopeful for you though.

Oh Lindsay, I'll be thinking of you and sending good vibes your way! :hugs:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news ladies but hcg yesterday was only 137... kind of relieved to have a straight answer. maybe it will sink in later. I'm really ok right now just glad to know what's going on.

I'm so, so sorry, I'm sure it will sink in later and we are here for you. Sending lots of love Lindsay

Lindsay, I'm so sorry... I know what it's like to have the 'bad feeling' from the get-go, and even when you find out for sure, it still hurts. My thoughts are with you and Kirk.

How are you Linds? :hugs:

alyssa - any thing with you? Do you still think AF is imminent? Chart looking good though.

Hi everyone

I'm doing ok this morning. I had a few weepy moments yesterday but overall I'm doing pretty good. I had a tough time sleeping last night but it was just because of using pads vs. tampons until I can talk to the doctor today. Not sure if I'm allowed to or not as I wasn't supposed to use tampons after D&C but I think that's just because they open up your cervix. When I googled it, it seemed like they don't recommend tampons even in an early loss but I'll see what they say. My SIL is going to do a scan on me first thing when I get in there tomorrow - not sure why but I guess it can't hurt! Planning to go out for a sushi dinner tonight with a big glass of wine! :p

Alyssa - how you feeling? Your chart is looking pretty good in my opinion! Are you still testing??

Sam - how you doing?? Any more nausea??

How's everyone else doing??

I saw Catching Fire last night - LOVED it! I already want to see it again! I totally recommend it to you girls if you have seen the first one/read any of the Hunger Games books :)

I saw the first one and have read the books so am looking forward to it. Does someone babysit O so you both can get out?

It doesn't feel fair speaking about myself. I have another friend on here who has just gone though what you are going through lindsay, her second mc and she has a LO and it just doesn't feel right.

You should go see it!! Kirk watched Oakley while I went with a girlfriend from work last night :)

You're really sweet but I really am fine. I'm really confident I will go on to have another LO with the very next pregnancy and am still thrilled for you!! I think we just caught this egg too late and it was no good anymore! This just feels like AF at this point - would have been a lot harder had I gone to the first appt to find another MMC - I don't wish that on anyone! So, please, I am still here for all of you and want to hear all the details!! No holding back! :)

Oakley's chatting with himself in the crib right now and is too cute to ignore so I'll check back in later and let you all know how the appt goes - It's at 11:10.

Oh no Lindsay! Just catching up and torn apart by your news. Sending you a massive hug :hugs: as I know how disappointed you feel right now. Thankfully you don't have trouble getting preggo so I know you will go on to have a successful pregnancy. Please let us know how it goes with the doctor today.

Chris and I took today off of work and are heading out for a weekend away on the boat. It's supposed to be windy on Sunday so we'll head back in Saturday afternoon. It's just going to be nice to get away. Things have been so crazy with the move!!

Oh LIndsay!!! :hugs: That's not the awful news I wanted....I was so excited to come on here and I feel so sad now! so glad you have an amazing support system with Kirk....I can't wait to hear how you appt goes, I don't know much about HCG, so I don't know if that means there's still a chance? I'll think positive...
Sam, when is your first test----do you have to wait a while yet? Seems like by you they're hestitant to scan anybody early? I only skimmed everything, but did you mention being nervous about not having symptoms? Remember me, I had no symptoms apart from being extra hungry, and I don't think that started until after 6 weeks.
Happy 22 weeks Jess!!!!!!!! :happydance: any names yet?!? And if you want it to be a surprise, I understand and I'll stop badgering you :)
Rach---close to OV time!??! YOU ARE LOOKING HOT HOT HOT GIRL!!! I bet Andrew just chases you around the house ;)
Hi to all the rest of the girls!

Oh, and Khloe has massive runny explosions while on antibiotics! She just finished her latest round 2 days ago. So now I'm paranoid she'll get an ear infection right away. Everytime she fusses, I worry it's that! I just hate the thought of putting her on MORE medicine, because the last round of stuff she was on was a lot stronger, and it had warnings about her teet turning grey/brown and stuff. Hope that doesn't happen....
Oh, and do you guys know about brushing their teeth? I found a starter toothpaste by Orajel but it says to not use before 18 mos. I thought I always heard as soon as they have teeth, to start brushing. Shd I just brush with no paste? I should call her pedi, but I feel like I'm constantly calling because of her ears.

waiting at the doc for me blood work and a rhogam shot. I forgot I would need that. sono showed what could have been a tiny gestational sac or just a blood clot. they just wanted to make sure it wasn't ectopic and one more blood draw just to make sure the levels are going down. my mom has been a little frustrating abd made a comment about how now I can wait until I'm done with my degree and stuff and it took all my restraint to not flip out and tell her to mind her own business but that's probably just residual hormones lol.

Kelsey - they said after my 15 month appt we could use toothpaste with Oakley that he could swallow. I didn't ask about it at his 12 month appt but the doctor last time was surprised I hadn't taken him to the dentist yet at by 15 months. I asked her if she was joking! there is no way I could get that child to sit for a dentist to look in his mouth for even 1 minute!

it's the worst seeing them sick. Oakley was such a mess with his ears. we had his last dose this morning thank goodness!

Oh gosh Lindsay. I am so so sorry. I hate to say it, but when you feel it isn't right.... you truly do know. My first MC i felt that from the get go. Had this awful sensation that it wasn't the right time and had much panic within me. I remember googling mc symptoms and i guess pretty much already knew from the moment i got the positive. It's SO weird how our bodies know. Just remember that something was wrong with the baby chromosomally and that is why it didn't make it. I know it still doesn't give justice to how unfair it is, but it does reassure you that there's nothing you could've done. I know you're gonna be okay, but if you need us we're always here. Once you guys start trying again it will be nice to have a buddy! It's totally unreal how we've had 2 miscarriages. It just doesn't seem possible. After going through just 1 is awful, let alone multiple. I give Jessie so many props for going through everything she did. I am so happy to see her glowing now and to know there is light at the end of that tunnel! Thinking of you <3

Kelsey awww i hope Khloe is doing okay. Poor babygirl has been sick a lot lately. Are you getting baby fever for #2 yet?! Andrew doesn't chase me around the house LOL but lets just say BDing has been so much more interesting and much more enjoyable!

Grrr thats not the sort of thing you need to hear especially from your Mum. Whats the rhogam shot?

Kels - hope Khloe is feeling better. B was on the top dose for his infection and it is a little worrying. His poo hasn't really gotten back to what it was before the antibiotics. How is she getting on in daycare, still really enjoying it? WE can give toothpaste from as soon as they get a tooth and for some (not B obviously!!) that can be from 6 months. Our baby toothpaste has much less fluoride but can;t remember the ppm difference.

Rach - I know what you mean about more interesting bd after losing weight!

Jess - enjoy your time out on the boat, you need the rest and relaxation after the stresses of moving. Any pics of the scan?

afm -Nausea ramped up especially in the afternoons and I have been sick for the last 2 days which never happened with any of my previous pg's. I have a scan booked for 2 weeks when I'll be 7+5. They very rarely do very early scans (6 weeksish) and if it wasn't for my mc's I wouldn't have a scan till 12 weeks. Benjamin sleep has been pants the last few nights and he needed calpol to get him back to sleep. I'm sick of saying teeth I just want him to wake up and know he'll feel better once a few have popped though.

Rhogam is the shot they give you when you have a negative blood type over here after any pregnancy really. Since I have a negative blood type, if the baby had a positive bloodtype then my body could produce antibodies against any future babies with a positive bloodtype. Oakley was negative but they still gave me the rhogam just in case, I guess! Oakley's O- so he's universal donor!! I'm A- but I'm pretty sure Kirk is O+, so have to stay on top of the Rhogams! Glad they reminded me I would need that!

Sam - glad your nausea is kicking it up a notch and I feel sorry for you at the same time!! But at least you'll be feeling better by the holidays more than likely!! Will you find out the sex?? Will you get as long of maternity leave as you did this time??

Rach - how's wedding planning going?? Everything all set?? You getting close to O??

Alyssa - how you doing, hun?? AF show yet?? I have to check your chart!!

AFM - I will be starting to temp again tomorrow morning but Kirk and I have decided to not start to try until after the holidays so we can really enjoy time with our families and not be stressing about what's going on. So, 2014 will hopefully be a good year for us :)
I'm doing pretty good physically too - taking Tylenol for cramps but overall it's just like AF. Emotionally I'm just tired and curious what it all means but trying to not overthink it!

Hope you ladies have a great weekend and Jess - hope you get to relax on the boat and get good news on your house when you get back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->