1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

OMG I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS!!! The only thing is... this test i used expired in July of 2013, but it came up INSTANTLY.

THOUGHTS?!?!?

Attachments

• testtt.jpg
    testtt.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 10
This is 10 mins after... with flash on.

Attachments

• test1.jpg
    test1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 8
I'm sure it's fine... It's not really that long. 6 months shouldn't make a difference if the test was in a sealed package, and that's a definite positive, not even a chance of an evap.

well if my body went by the books this month which I think it did... I O'd Dec 18. implanted Dec 27th which would explain spotting on the 29th. EDD would be Sept 10. 2 days after andrews bday. which I had a reading by Mesina a few yrs back and she said August was a strong month for this child to be born under. so if I went early it would be August. SO WEIRD!! she said boy and chinese calendar says boy. coukd this be it? ! could I really be able to announce at the wedding what I dreamed of?!

Sounds like you're reaching your rainbow! So happy for you, you have been through a lot and worked so hard to reach it. Go get a digi so you can see the word and take a pic to keep! Are you going to tell Andrew? When will you call your doc?

FF says I O'd when I thought I did after that slight spike, if that's true, BD was timed well; I don't trust it, though, bc I've had positive OPKs for so long. I never have any O symptoms that I recognize, but I was SUPER MOODY this weekend... I did also have a terrible cold, though. I guess I'll see what the temps do and keep BD at least EOD in the meantime.

thank you Alyssa. I know I need to get another test. I am just completely shocked. I am scared though about not having much symptoms. I am kind of insomnia right now. and that's not like me. I went to bed at 1230 and here I am up at 7. I'm not even tired. could be from excitement and anxiousness.

do u usually have O symptoms Alyssa? I never do. my body does what it wants. if u don't get a bfp atless u have peace of mind of a fresh start to a new cycle that won't mess with you.

OMG Rach!!! That's a clear cut positive!!! Like Alyssa said - go get a digi or FRER to really convince yourself and take it easy on the workouts now!! Ahhhhh so exciting!!! Call your doc!! Like Sam said, I didn't have any symptoms with Oakley until around 6 weeks aside from occasional cramps. I'm so excited for you, hun!!

Sam - take B to the doc to ask about his ears. It can't hurt for them to look. As for the MMR - I would go ahead with it as long as he's healthy at the time they're going to give it to him. Any fever or infections then you need to wait a couple weeks but the rise of MMR and the effects that could have on him would be much worse. Do you have family around that could come help if he did have a reaction? Oakley ran a bit of a fever after his MMR the first time but nothing major, just made him cranky. Second round of it he was fine.

Alyssa - I think it's good you're staying emotionally 'distant' from whatever happened in your last cycle. You don't know for sure if you had a chemical and I think it's good to recognize that something happened but to move forward optimistically from here. Glad FF gave you some crosshairs and hopefully your temp will just keep going up and you won't have to worry about making that appointment to get the femara!
As for the EWCM - Sam said that cough medicine increases EWCM and it did for me recently and that nasal decongestants decrease CM. The cycle I got pregnant with Oakley I only had watery CM and no EWCM, actually my first two pregnancies I didn't have any EWCM those cycles.
I know what you mean about feeling jealous and taking everything everyone says about pregnancy really personally. After my first loss, I couldn't even look at pregnant women and I was just really bitter at life in general. Even now that I have Oakley, whenever someone announces a pregnancy on Facebook the bitterness builds up again a bit and I wonder why I've had to suffer in this process and wonder if they have too, but figure they probably haven't. It's sad that such a happy time can be so painful and tainted for those of us that have lost pregnancies. I always feel guilty after thinking these kinds of things but then get even more angry that it's something we're not supposed to talk about. Around the time of my latest miscarriage I had a presentation at work and my boss told me I did a bad job and I was 'distant and disinterested' and well I was! But I felt like I couldn't tell her what was going on and now it's just this awkward thing between us. Anyway, the whole point of this rant is that it gets better but never goes away and I think that's ok. We are who we are because of what happens to us and in the end it will only make us stronger mothers and stronger wives. You will get your baby and you will love that baby so much that it hurts in the most amazing way!

Yes I definitely need to be careful with workouts. I've been tanning too. Is it okay to still go? I am a bit relieved and convinced with such a dark line. I've NEVER in my last 2 pregnancies had the control line be about the same as test line. AHHH!! I also took that at 1030pm. Had JUST went pee. Drank a large coffee and used that urine.

Omfg!!!! Wow rach I just had a feeling. Can't write muxh now snuggled imto b for a early nap before heading to Dr's. So so happy for you I'm in tears

I would lay off of the tanning beds now too, sorry hun. Watch that heart monitor of yours and don't let your heart rate get too high. When will you call the doctor?? So happy for you!! :)

omg Rach!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!

from my experience, you DONT change too much in your life when you find out your pregnant. I did NOT switch to decaf coffee and I did not stop my physical activity... I just modified it. I did not do intense work outs but I did keep up with the cardio and yoga. do things that make you feel good and maybe avoid more than one coffee a day, hot baths and obviously, no alcohol (but i'm assuming because you were trying to accomplish major weight loss goals, you had been avoiding that anyways). Just go about your life and think positive thoughts about your bean everyday!! AMAZING.

Totally agree with Mar but I would still avoid the tanning beds - but I used to do research on Melanoma so I might tell you to do that anyway :p

I suppose it depends on how much coffee you drink, I DID(and did even whilst ttc after mc) switch to decaff as research suggest more than 1 regular coffee/coke can lead to an increased risk of mc but again that depends on how much you drink now. On the whole though no major lifestyle changes and just enjoy.

I only saw the line from my phone and could only type one handed due to the weight of B on my other arm. Such fab tests, and although 6 month out of date I am sure a new test would show exactly the same. Can't wait to see more pics, just so so happy for you.:happydance::happydance::happydance:

afm - I took B to the Dr's. She had a good look over him, chest clear although still sounds like he is purring occasionally, ears absolutely fine but obvious conjunctivitis and she gave me new drops to put in. She thinks its a bad cold that's making him grumpy and making his sleep so bad (OH up lots and for ages with him last night. I keep shining a torch into his mouth to see of its his teeth and I *think* his bottom gums look a bit different on the inside bit so maybe its a combination of both - who knows!!.

I am seriously jumping for joy right now. My test line is way darker than my control. This has been my dream forever.

I'm having little cramps in my ovaries. Is this normal?

Attachments

• test1814.jpg
    test1814.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 6
Yep, can be as the corpus luteum is popping out progesterone to help sustain the pg. That line is just awesome!!! When do you see the Dr? Again I reiterate about the symptoms, I didn't get much till 6 weeks then the nausea really hit. One friend on here had absolutely NO symptoms whats ever throughout her pg and had a beautiful boy so although they can be reassuring its not a be all and end all. I can't believe you'll get to announce it at your wedding, if you can keep it secret till then!!

Alyssa - you asked about scans. On the NHS we get 2 scans as standard (for those with no mc etc) 12 weeks, the dating scan and at 20 weeks for growth/anatomy check. I got a couple of early scans due to my past mc's. It is all done on the NHS (free) but there are places you can go to for private scans/4d one. They don't do 4D ones on the NHS unless they are looking for specific problems identified from normal scans.

ahhhh!!! congrats Rach! That test line is GORGEOUS!! When will you call your doc?? The ovary pain was one of my only symptoms with Mr. O. I had a massive corpus luteum - probably means your progesterone is through the roof!! woot woot!!!!

Sam - glad B is OK but sorry he's not sleeping well!! I"ll have to type more later as I'm late for work and have to drag O out of bed!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->